Twitter: Training Camp Practice #1 Thread

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score
It's not entirely going to be 100% "fat" or any other macronutrient in a caloric surplus. There are many other factors (such as water retention, sodium, etc.) that affect the muscle/fat ratio but that's for another day. Romo doesn't look like he gained muscle mass and the idea that he drank a gallon of water before the weigh-in is a huge hypothetical, and very unlikely. Drinking a gallon of water before a weigh-in doesn't change one's body composition. The guy looks out of shape.

Water retention and sodium is the same, the more water you drink the more it flushes sodium out of your system. The myth is the more water you drink the more you retain which is just false.

I think it is pretty ridiculous that out of everything we have learned to start this training camp off you have zeroed in on a guy who, according to Garret, is only one pound over is ideal playing weight. How do you know he is out of shape since he is wearing a bulky jersey? I really don't blame him for being out of shape since he is getting over that minor surgery.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Not freaking out about it, but how about this:

Big Ben is 6 foot FIVE and weighs 241.

Romo is 6"2 and only weighs five pounds less. I understand he wasn't able to train consistently with the cyst, but that doesn't mean you keep on eating Twinkies and neglecting your diet. I believe Romo was 219 when he entered the league. And to me, 15 lbs is a lot, especially with Romo being 33 years old. Not a good combination.

Cannot believe people are crying about this.

Fredd

Reaction score
sooooo. what does dez weigh? murray? witten? Jerry Jones? Garrett? Jones' daughter?

the answer is: it doesn't matter what ANY of them weigh on day 1 of traning camp

CooterBrown

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Tony weighed 230 at the combine 11 years ago. So now 236, at the age of 33 is "concerning" people. Wow. Some people just search for things to worry about.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
It's not entirely going to be 100% "fat" or any other macronutrient in a caloric surplus. There are many other factors (such as water retention, sodium, etc.) that affect the muscle/fat ratio but that's for another day. Romo doesn't look like he gained muscle mass and the idea that he drank a gallon of water before the weigh-in is a huge hypothetical, and very unlikely. Drinking a gallon of water before a weigh-in doesn't change one's body composition. The guy looks out of shape.

He is out of shape, bro. He has not had a chance to get into shape. But, during camp he will get into shape because he is cleared to practice. Also, he has not missed any meetings or practices and was actually out there as an assistant coach during his rehab.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The weight is not good right now, but he has over a month to get it under control, which he will. Being over weight or having weight problems has never really been an issue with Romo, and I don't think it is now. No need to panic. Thanks for the post WG.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I like how the tweets about how great Romo is looking throwing the ball is ignored for 4 pages talking about him being a few pounds heavier. Some things never change here.

Rick_Deckard

luvtheboys
Reaction score
The weight is not good right now, but he has over a month to get it under control, which he will. Being over weight or having weight problems has never really been an issue with Romo, and I don't think it is now. No need to panic. Thanks for the post WG.

You are right not to panic. Per Tim McMahon, Romo's weight of 236 was taken during the OTA's. He has done a lot of conditioning work since then and according to Garrett he is currently only one pound above his ideal playing weight.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You are right not to panic. Per Tim McMahon, Romo's weight of 236 was taken during the OTA's. He has done a lot of conditioning work since then and according to Garrett he is currently only one pound above his ideal playing weight.

And the saddest part about all of this is that a HACK like MacMahon puts out panic bait like mentioning Romo's weight, and enough people jump on it to validate that kind of reporting. This is why TMZ style garbage is being put out there and why MacMahon is successful. He'll get more clicks and comments about this tweet than the reports with useful info combined.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus @BryanBroaddus
Young guy practice going on right now. Danny Coale with a nice catch off a waggle from Stephens. Randle with explosive burst off left side.
-------
good to hear coale practicing.

reddyuta

Reaction score
BPu7F9RCEAA4H_P.jpg:large

Mrray wearing a camera on the helmet.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Interesting to see S Danny McCray with the 3 team. Matt Johnson and JJ Wilcox are 2 team.
----------
its actually not surprising at all.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Tyrone Crawford is down. He's in pain. Telling the trainers it's the Achilles. He's pounding the ground in anger.

---------------
welp

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I wish I was in Oxnard right now.

So many things to be excited about, and a few things to be concerned about.

Can't wait to watch them live at the Cardinals game!!!!

reddyuta

Reaction score
We need new guys on the DL,people are dropping like flies and Crawford may be done for the season.