Twitter: Training Camp Practice #1 Thread

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
If you believe Big Ben is only 241 I have some ocean front property inside of Fort Hood for sale really cheap. You interested?

Of ALL the things there is to worry about with this team, you're freaking worried about Romo's WEIGHT?! SERIOUSLY?!

Starting guards are scrubs, starting Nose is a backup at best, safeties are a concern, depth, etc.... Romo's weight is nowhere NEAR the top of that list.

You mad, bro? :D

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
15 lbs over his previous playing weight is a problem? I imagine these guys drop throughout the season normally so he should be back to his regular playing weight in no time.

That said...since he basically hadn't worked out all offseason due to the back surgery, color me still unconcerned.

And in general, it's just too soon to spaz out over stuff... End of camp, yes, but on the first day, no.

Rite, he had back surgery so he couldn't properly condition himself, Romo will be fine he will lose weight during camp.

dart

Reaction score
Sport78 bet your wrong

3 Joseph Randle, Terrance Williams and Gavin Escobar will have more combined TD's than DeMarco Murray, Miles Austin and Jason Witten.

doubtful

TheSport78

Reaction score
Sport78 bet your wrong

3 Joseph Randle, Terrance Williams and Gavin Escobar will have more combined TD's than DeMarco Murray, Miles Austin and Jason Witten.

doubtful

Sure wouldn't be the first time and definitely won't be the last! I'm gonna add a prediction or two after training camp just for fun.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Not freaking out about it, but how about this:

Big Ben is 6 foot FIVE and weighs 241.

Romo is 6"2 and only weighs five pounds less. I understand he wasn't able to train consistently with the cyst, but that doesn't mean you keep on eating Twinkies and neglecting your diet. I believe Romo was 219 when he entered the league. And to me, 15 lbs is a lot, especially with Romo being 33 years old. Not a good combination.[/quote

And you know he was eating Twinkies how?

TheSport78

Reaction score

You honestly want me to prove that Tony Romo was eating Twinkies?! :D

To gain weight, you must be in a caloric surplus, which Tony was. Whether those excess calories came from Twinkies, Fig Newtons or bananas...heck, we'll never know.

Cumart21

Reaction score
Not worried about Romo's weight at all. He'll drop to his normal playing weight by the end of camp. What I'm concerned about is the hamstring injuries suffered during the conditioning test. These guys must've been in terrible shape going in.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
You honestly want me to prove that Tony Romo was eating Twinkies?! :D

To gain weight, you must be in a caloric surplus, which Tony was. Whether those excess calories came from Twinkies, Fig Newtons or bananas...heck, we'll never know.

This is incorrect. To gain FAT you must be in a caloric surplus. To gain weight you could have just been retaining water at the time of the weigh in. For all we know Romo drank a gallon of water (roughly 8 lbs worth) before the weigh in, had too much sodium and his body "retained" more fluid than usual, etc...

In other words, it's not an issue. Even if he DID gain a "whopping" 6 lbs of fat.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
At this point, Romo's weight is a non issue. But leave it to Cowboys fans to freak out about it. First day of camp!!! LOL

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Finally football is back!

You can tell its the beginning of training camp because Berny, Livings and Ratliffe are already hurt. If Newman was still here, he'd be hurt too!

But it still beats the heck out of the same, tired off season threads!

TheSport78

Reaction score
This is incorrect. To gain FAT you must be in a caloric surplus. To gain weight you could have just been retaining water at the time of the weigh in. For all we know Romo drank a gallon of water (roughly 8 lbs worth) before the weigh in, had too much sodium and his body "retained" more fluid than usual, etc...

In other words, it's not an issue. Even if he DID gain a "whopping" 6 lbs of fat.
It's not entirely going to be 100% "fat" or any other macronutrient in a caloric surplus. There are many other factors (such as water retention, sodium, etc.) that affect the muscle/fat ratio but that's for another day. Romo doesn't look like he gained muscle mass and the idea that he drank a gallon of water before the weigh-in is a huge hypothetical, and very unlikely. Drinking a gallon of water before a weigh-in doesn't change one's body composition. The guy looks out of shape.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Well, Garrett is saying Romo is 1 lb. over his playing weight according to ESPN.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Not freaking out about it, but how about this:

Big Ben is 6 foot FIVE and weighs 241.

Romo is 6"2 and only weighs five pounds less. I understand he wasn't able to train consistently with the cyst, but that doesn't mean you keep on eating Twinkies and neglecting your diet. I believe Romo was 219 when he entered the league. And to me, 15 lbs is a lot, especially with Romo being 33 years old. Not a good combination.

oh good god, unless he had his own supply he COULD NOT be eating twinkies til just the other day.