Twitter: Training Camp Tweets 8/27

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No if anything him and Byron are the 100% complete opposite

Byron was such a good athlete that they thought "oh yeah we can throw him anywhere". Robinson isn't that great of an athlete but has experience in multiple positions and has good length. Byron was an elite athlete so they thought he should be able to stick anywhere, Robinson isn't that good of an athlete so they have to test the waters and see if he can start anywhere even in a limited role

Robinsons draft profile was literally "likely move inside to slot corner or safety" "project player, corner ? safety ? punt return ? kickoff returner ?, teams will have to find where he can stick". Cowboys aren't pulling a byron, there literally following his draft status ("project player that will have to test the waters")
I agree, Byron possesses freakish athletic ability. While Robinson is not that, he's still athletic enough to switch to the safety position and do well. It just takes a little getting used to and an above average understanding of football. I agree with you however, It's the complete opposite of what we experienced with Byron.

cowboygo

Reaction score
No if anything him and Byron are the 100% complete opposite

Byron was such a good athlete that they thought "oh yeah we can throw him anywhere". Robinson isn't that great of an athlete but has experience in multiple positions and has good length. Byron was an elite athlete so they thought he should be able to stick anywhere, Robinson isn't that good of an athlete so they have to test the waters and see if he can start anywhere even in a limited role

Robinsons draft profile was literally "likely move inside to slot corner or safety" "project player, corner ? safety ? punt return ? kickoff returner ?, teams will have to find where he can stick". Cowboys aren't pulling a byron, there literally following his draft status ("project player that will have to test the waters")
Any CB truly doesn't compare to Byron athletically. I disagree in that Robinson's knock is his athleticism, especially for his size. As you mentioned, he was safety out of high school, but played CB all college, aside from his redshirt year. Byron did play both safety and corner at UCONN. Prospect-wise, sure they aren't the same. But the situation of moving them around is. Hopefully the position they start with Robinson is the correct one, unlike with Byron.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Havent heard much on Donovan Wilson....(great camp last year but nothing this year? Odd)

Or anything at all on Joe Jackson.

If anyone has heard anything pls share. Thx.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
he is not injured he came in out of shape and in not good enough condition to practice.

its like these players sit around and brainstorm ways to hurt the team & themselves. really disappointed that Lael would allow this to happen. his issue playing T has always been his weight. when he slims down he plays well. when he tubbs up, it gets ugly.

do you think he had Covid & is suffering the long term respiratory issues? would explain why team hasn't seemed more agitated about his situation .....

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Havent heard much on Donovan Wilson....(great camp last year but nothing this year? Odd)

Or anything at all on Joe Jackson.

If anyone has heard anything pls share. Thx.

I saw something yesterday that indicated Wilson was doing pretty well but i guess since he plays SS like XWoods its not getting the pub of FS. Would like more details for sure.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Prospect-wise, sure they aren't the same.
That was my point. People where saying this is another Byron jones situation all over again when it isn't. Robinson is drafted and encouraged to try multiple positions to see if he is NFL worthy in any of them. Byron was forced to a position of need which is completely different

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Evidence ? He was literally a 3 star recruit as a safety (that's the position he played in junior high and highschool). He redshirted as a safety and then moved to corner after his redshirt year.
So high school? Ok cool

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The safety situation is scary.

So we’ve tried HaHa, Thompson, Wilson, Awuzie, Worley, Robinson.

Still no starter
I didn't know they tried Auwzie and Worley at safety. I thought that was just click bait talk. Are you sure they actually tried those guys there? Because I really think that was just the media's B.S.