Twitter: Training Camp Tweets 8/27

Tussinman

Reaction score
So high school? Ok cool
lol at this deflect. You: "byron jones situation all over again". Reality: "he has safety experience and is actually encouraged in his draft profile to try mutiple positions, not the same situation as Byron at all". You: "buh buh highschool"

stilltheguru

Reaction score
lol at this deflect. You: "byron jones situation all over again". Reality: "he has safety experience and is actually encouraged in his draft profile to try mutiple positions, not the same situation as Byron at all". You: "buh buh highschool"
Lol I just said high school cool. That's it.

Sydla

Reaction score
He hasn't played safety since HS. Why they just don't sign earl thomas boggles my mind. This secondary could be a potential disaster this year if they are banking on chido.

Seems like there are a ton of reasons why any team isn't running out to sign Earl Thomas. And I am one always willing to take on a project that might have a few warts............... but this guy................ whew, you have to really work to piss off almost an entire team like he did in Baltimore.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like there are a ton of reasons why any team isn't running out to sign Earl Thomas. And I am one always willing to take on a project that might have a few warts............... but this guy................ whew, you have to really work to piss off almost an entire team like he did in Baltimore.

Especially when they're willingly paying you a ton of money on that contract. I thought that deal was crazy when I read it and now it looks far worse.

To be messed up enough to lose a deal like that takes some doing.

Wherever he goes, the days of big money and guarantees are over.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Either our D-Line is looking good or our O-Line isn’t looking as good. I hope both are looking good.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Byron originally played safety at UConn as well.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That would appear to be the end of the Mitch Hyatt ERA in Dallas.

I thought he was overrated by the fans and media anyway. Many on here acted as if he was a HOF'er as an UDAF, as usual.
He needed a year on the PS, and weight training, which he really could not get this year. I had him on the PS again, and will pull for him, because he wears the star.
Hopefully he will be ok.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Good for Looney for stepping up like this.

Theres a lot of good players on this team, but not many leaders.

That all said, I hope he is gracious once it's time for the future at C to take over.

Either way, a good man to have around. We need that more than people think....I think.

Something was lacking with this group lately....probably that they often take on the personality of their coach...who didn't have a personality.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good for Looney for stepping up like this.

Theres a lot of good players on this team, but not many leaders.

That all said, I hope he is gracious once it's time for the future at C to take over.

Either way, a good man to have around. We need that more than people think....I think.

Something was lacking with this group lately....probably that they often take on the personality of their coach...who didn't have a personality.

:hammer: :thumbup: :clap::bow:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Is that our DE rotation? Not bad. Also reports have suggested Armstrong has been decent as well.
Some depth there no doubt.

I much more worried about injury w Aldon than the idea that he forgot how to play football.

He can be in the best shape of his life but father time has different ideas sometimes.

I'm not surprised at all that Anae is impressing.

I dont see how this years pass rush isn't remarkably better than last year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I thought he was overrated by the fans and media anyway. Many on here acted as if he was a HOF'er as an UDAF, as usual.
He needed a year on the PS, and weight training, which he really could not get this year. I had him on the PS again, and will pull for him, because he wears the star.
Hopefully he will be ok.
Played LT on some good Clemson teams. Was mocked as a mid rounder.

He has no place here as long as Tyron is around.

One thing was telling....he wasnt included as a RT option when the first 3-4 weren't available.

If he can't swing tackle it's over...

But yes, not getting a real NFL strength program this offseason hurt this guy tremendously....if he had any shot anyway.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Byron originally played safety at UConn as well.
Ok. And on his highlight tape none of his good plays came from safety so who cares? People wanting to put everybody and their mama at safety is sad. Chido prob will suck too. His best spot is slot cb which is where most of his good plays in college came from