Translate the attached Dak stats

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Maybe coz they're on the sideline not playing ........lol
Yeah, but that’s the funny thing... the only two people in the stadium who actually should get a W or an L are the head coaches. The media and the TV networks have reduced an NFL football game into the opposing two QBs wrestling at mid-field

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We are the 16th ranked offense as of this article on Nov 24th. We have begun to make huge strides, ESPECIALLY on 3rd down. We were as you stated much worse, but that was BEFORE Cooper.

Its fluid and we are getting better, as is Dak. Im not sure why some want to pigeonhole him into 2017 and the beginning of the season but things are changing (see 4 game win streak) and they're missing the most fun we've had since 2016.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjWmMTEgoDfAhUa3YMKHXQhClYQzPwBCAM&url=https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/11/24/18109424/amari-cooper-has-transformed-the-cowboys-offense-just-check-the-stats&psig=AOvVaw1uE3CqwRxBDfbEfWi6cs4n&ust=1543801406098950

Some fans will probably never give him credit. Even if we win a Super Bowl, they'll likely say he rode the coattails of Zeke and the defense.

CWR

Reaction score
Believe me, I hope I'm dead wrong on Dak!

Nothing more I want to see than us winning a Superbowl.....I just don't want to see us waste this team and Zeke with Dak

Of course, nobody does. I've spent my own fair share of time cursing him, however I have seen improvements as the year has gone on. Its worth noting we've gone from a bottom of the league offense to dead middle. If we continue along that trajectory we may have a pretty solid offense again, like 2016.

Our 3rd down numbers in particular have drastically improved. I think we were somewhere around 28th and are now at 4th best. Cooper, Filo and Columbo have made a big impact. Gallup is also getting better and Dak is directly benefiting from all of the above.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Memories.. Of the Exact same.... Predecessor

conner01

Reaction score
Some fans will probably never give him credit. Even if we win a Super Bowl, they'll likely say he rode the coattails of Zeke and the defense.
He did what needed to be done against saints
50% on 3rd down conversions allows you to keep feeding Zeke and kept drew whatching
If we can convert 50% on 3rd downs we can beat any team

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
7 wins this season , he was present for them all.....
of those..if we score more than 25 and win, I throw some credit in his direction, unless the D scored
If we score less than 20 and win....................those I'll credit to our up and rising Defense
clear example.....New Orleans win...

just don't want to feed him too much Parcell'ian cheese .
Dallas was one the inch yard line, you don't think they could have fell forward to get 20 points.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Someone name me one QB with as poor WRs as Dak had through first 8 games (3-5).
Name me any QB in the NFL with literally nothing at TE, especially in the red zone.
And an entire season without his pro bowl center and sometimes 2-3 backup OLmen.

Dak has not been elite, no question. He has things he must improve upon, but he’s still on his rookie contract.

I’ll go out on a limb and say that if TSmith is healthy this Sunday, and if Martin and Filo are healthier after the 10 day break, Dak will show us a very good performance vs Philly. He’s better than he showed prior to Cooper, prior to the OL issues. Get a legitimate threat at TE (every QBs best friend), and there will be much less complaining about him next season, but even then, he must work to improve in certain areas.

My post was 100% total sarcasm. Probably hard to pick up on that though. The way it’s written.

sbark

Reaction score
Dallas was one the inch yard line, you don't think they could have fell forward to get 20 points.
thinking New Orleans is the last game someone would argue about that the Defense was the key to victory.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
thinking New Orleans is the last game someone would argue about that the Defense was the key to victory.
I'm not arguing who won but the fact some are saying Dallas could only score 13. It was clear Dallas could have put 20 on them but kneel it out instead

conner01

Reaction score
How much of that inefficient offense is due to...

-A "car wreck" of a receiving corps for a good chunk of the season
-A level of talent at the TE position that is meh at best
-An offensive line that is patched together and generally underperforming
-Play calling that combines baffling with boring on a regular basis
A good percentage of the issues is covered right there
It was crazy to bring in New receivers with little talent and not play them in pre season
Every QB is well served by a good TE
Injuries and changes in the oline has been an issue
Our play calling many times is so predictable
Dak has things he needs to fix but we’ve did him no favors with all the above

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
A good percentage of the issues is covered right there
It was crazy to bring in New receivers with little talent and not play them in pre season
Every QB is well served by a good TE
Injuries and changes in the oline has been an issue
Our play calling many times is so predictable
Dak has things he needs to fix but we’ve did him no favors with all the above

:clap::clap::clap:

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Agree........
Don't fluff up Dak too much

but .........also recognize he has improved in recent weeks in certain areas some due to avail of another blue chipper in a.cooper
but he has started to step up in pocket some better
he has limited the spread leg jump ball pass that has nothing on it
he has limited the reverse rollout to the left that consistently got him In trouble

now.......fumbles, get some touch on some balls ( missed TD to Gallup and N.Brown)........
a work in progress for sure
but......lets not over feed the "cheese" right now
I don't think anyone is saying Dak doesn't need work. But some are saying he's garbage and whatnot. Those people don't know a QB position.