Trashin playoff QB's subpar play does Dak no justice

Blackrain

Reaction score
Those 3 pro bowlers became pro bowlers when Romo was inserted into the line up. Outside Flozell Adams, they all were over rated and Pro Bowlers are elected by fans based on popularity and they were elected because Romo our Dallas back on the map for winning.

Leonard Davis was a bust for years and Cardinals let him go, Gurode and Columbo led the charge of allowing Drew Bledsoe to get sacked over 40 times in ten games when Flozell went down. The OL was considered Dallas weakest link when Bledsoe was chucking up INT.

Just stop..
They were Pro Bowlers team coached by Parcells stop moving the Goal posts Romo had every bit as much to work with .

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So how do fourth quarter wins for Dak prove comebacks and that he’s doing it in no huddle.. oh they don’t..
So when you're proven wrong you just jump around. You brought up the Rams game, I proved you wrong so you jumped to the Seattle game which I proved you wrong again. Now you want to jump to something else. It's ok, learn when to know you have been beat. Here is a helpful hint, stop making up dumb crap to try and fit your agenda and items won't have to make you and the other Dak haters look silly. Good bye now

khiladi

Reaction score
So when you're proven wrong you just jump around. You brought up the Rams game, I proved you wrong so you jumped to the Seattle game which I proved you wrong again. Now you want to jump to something else. It's ok, learn when to know you have been beat. Here is a helpful hint, stop making up dumb crap to try and fit your agenda and items won't have to make you and the other Dak haters look silly. Good bye now

You said Dak plays better in the fourth to prove he is does it in no huddle. I brought up Seattle as a fact which proves your claim is wrong.

You are totally lost and what’s comical is you think you are actually proving me wrong.

khiladi

Reaction score
They were Pro Bowlers team coached by Parcells stop moving the Goal posts Romo had every bit as much to work with .

Gurode made his first pro bowl in 2006, the year Romo got inserted into the lineup. Leonard Davis came in 2007 in Dallas and never played with Parcells and was a bust for seven years in Arizona.

Marc Columbo started with Chicago and couldn’t even start with them and came mid season in 2005 and didn’t start a game. Columbo was a false start machine and in 2007 had 12 false starts.

Like I said, just stop.

Our only true legit lineman that stood on his own without Romo was Flozell Adams.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You said Dak plays better in the fourth to prove he is does it in no huddle. I brought up Seattle as a fact which proves your claim is wrong.

You are totally lost and what’s comical is you think you are actually proving me wrong.
Let me help you understand since it's clear you haven't a clue what you're talking about........I said uptempo and no huddle situations.....key word situations.

Now are you done getting schooled or shall I continue?

HungryLion

Reaction score
There is nothing rambling about it. Your latest post is what is called diversion via rambling about Woodson’s credentials while ignoring all his praise of Romo, especially after I clarified what I meant.

Darren Woodson called Tony Romo a better QB period, including being more accurate and as a passer, and he played with Romo in 2004, meaning when Romo was not even on the field, but saw and played against him in practice. If you think the best safety you have ever seen play for the Cowboys by better QB he meant Tony Romo couldn’t go through his progressions, while saying this, then your clearly delusional.

Nice smokescreen post though..

The other QB’s on the roster during Romo’s rookie year were: Quincy Carter before he got cut, an ancient Vinny testaverde, and Drew Henson.

So, Woodson saying that Romo was the best QB on the team, isn’t necessarily an indication that Romo was by any means a finished product or ready to play at an all pro level.

Obviously Woodson saw something in Romo and he was right. But Romo was raw and had a lot of aspects of his game that needed work and refinement.

If Romo was ready to just step in and start playing at a high level, I would think coaches like Parcells and Sean Payton would recognize that.

khiladi

Reaction score
The other QB’s on the roster during Romo’s rookie year were: Quincy Carter before he got cut, an ancient Vinny testaverde, and Drew Henson.

So, Woodson saying that Romo was the best QB on the team, isn’t necessarily an indication that Romo was by any means a finished product or ready to play at an all pro level.

Obviously Woodson saw something in Romo and he was right. But Romo was raw and had a lot of aspects of his game that needed work and refinement.

If Romo was ready to just step in and start playing at a high level, I would think coaches like Parcells and Sean Payton would recognize that.

That is not a dispute, but when Woodson says he was a better QB than Dak, better in the pocket and the passer and he played with Tony Romo in this context, it clearly means his early experience. That clearly doesn’t mean he’s just running around like this guy said.

khiladi

Reaction score
Let me help you understand since it's clear you haven't a clue what you're talking about........I said uptempo and no huddle situations.....key word situations.

Now are you done getting schooled or shall I continue?

Clearly your understanding of terms like getting schooled is as bad as Dak’s ability to read defenses. Let’s go back to the drawing board:

“........4th quarter is Daks best quarter by the way when he can comand the offense in uptempo, no huddle situations.”

You said he was best in the 4th when he can command the offense in uptempo, no huddle situations.

I then brought up Seattle. So how is that changing the subject? Oh yeah, it’s not.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That is not a dispute, but when Woodson says he was a better QB than Dak, better in the pocket andbeyter passer and he played with Tony Romo in this context, it clearly means his early experience.

What’s the benefit of arguing who was better between Romo and Dak though at this stage Khiladi? I mean honestly. Romo is the leading passer in team history of course he was a really really good QB. But he is old and retired now and is never going to play again. So it doesn’t mean much at this point going forward.

khiladi

Reaction score
What’s the benefit of arguing who was better between Romo and Dak though at this stage Khiladi? I mean honestly. Romo is the leading passer in team history of course he was a really really good QB. But he is old and retired now and is never going to play again. So it doesn’t mean much at this point going forward.

Because people are trying to defend Dak ‘progrss’ by using Romo’s early years as an example. Darren Woodson said straight up they knew Romo was the man as soon as he hit the football field and Woodson is saying things about Dak that he’s not a good pocket QB, not accurate not a guy that can throw the ball, but folks on Dallas say he has ‘it’. Woodson doesn’t give any credence to this notion that Dak can become like Romo as a QB, so why sell it..

Also reality is Dallas just fired Linehan, so it’s clear this talk about ‘Dak has it’ is just comical when they, per Woodson, acknowledge his flaws.

Last edited:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I'm on the fence with Dak and have said on more than one occasion I would let him play out his contract with a new OC for a clearer picture of what he is and may be going forward. Now I'm curious how you seem to think football games are only won by the QB and offense since how the defense performs is a non factor when it comes to winning games? Unless you're the 85 bears apparently.

Look at Brady and mahomes, they both did what they had to do to win despite both defense sucking. They are both so good at the position that it came down to who got the ball last.

In games like that Dak is not compatible. You can guarantee that the guy will always have a slip up falling behind and ruining chances.

If dak was involved in a game like that and lost then I would have been more impressed and we are not having this conversation.

Dak can not compete at a higher level and that's why I am out on dak.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
In over my head? lol What because I disagree with you? Gottcha

I bet you thought Romo was championship material! He was atleast a better passer yet you believe Dak is championship material!

Something isnt adding up pablo!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I bet you thought Romo was championship material! He was atleast a better passer yet you believe Dak is championship material!

Something isnt adding up pablo!

I think Romo was capable but I also know it is teams who win championships. I think Rodgers is one of the best in the game yet only been to 1 SB. Phillip Rivers is a very good QB 0 SB. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson both have SB rings and do not consider them elite QB. Starting a thread to bash Dak is nothing new around here. I also know claiming a player can't go is easy to say since many quality QB have not been or have lost in a SB game but in all the years of watching the NFL I have never seen a QB win it by themselves.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Clearly your understanding of terms like getting schooled is as bad as Dak’s ability to read defenses. Let’s go back to the drawing board:

“........4th quarter is Daks best quarter by the way when he can comand the offense in uptempo, no huddle situations.”

You said he was best in the 4th when he can command the offense in uptempo, no huddle situations.

I then brought up Seattle. So how is that changing the subject? Oh yeah, it’s not.
Seattle wasnt a no huddle situation but go look what Dak did in the 4th quarter since you want to talk about it so much. 3rd and 14 who made the play.

Again its not my fault you can't comprehend what being written. I see others are taking you too school as well. Aren't you tired of losing debates yet?

keysersoze

Reaction score
I'm on the fence with Dak and have said on more than one occasion I would let him play out his contract with a new OC for a clearer picture of what he is and may be going forward. Now I'm curious how you seem to think football games are only won by the QB and offense since how the defense performs is a non factor when it comes to winning games? Unless you're the 85 bears apparently.
Ha wasn’t talking that bs from 2006-2015 though. It was always someone else but the quarterback’s fault when we lost. Even when there were last minute drive killing interceptions. For example. Tyron being blamed for the interception vs Denver. LMAO. These guys are ridiculous.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

And the claim is that Dak Supporters are the ones who blame the other players and coaches for Dak's mistakes or for the losses and failure to make it past the divisional round. But, how blaming the players/coaches/front office for the Cowboys not getting past the divisional round with Romo any different?

Some say that others are being used as a scapegoat for Dak, while also blaming things on other players and coaches, when it comes to explaining away why a QB that they support didn't accomplish a certain set goal.

"He's trash and bad, because he needs certain weapons and a strong supporting cast to win or accomplish certain goals." vs "He's great and elite, but just couldn't accomplish a certain goal, because he didn't have certain weapons or a strong supporting cast around him."

khiladi

Reaction score
Seattle wasnt a no huddle situation but go look what Dak did in the 4th quarter since you want to talk about it so much. 3rd and 14 who made the play.

Again its not my fault you can't comprehend what being written. I see others are taking you too school as well. Aren't you tired of losing debates yet?

So that wasn’t up tempo or no huddle.. so your claim regarding the fourth is bogus and you are now using an example of ‘no huddle’ to demonstrate a point I already made.. congratulations, Dak had a wide open hole on a QB draw Linehan called where Collins went thirteen yards downfield as Dak’s LEad blocker, before Collins met any point of resistabxe and that point of resistance was a DB and Dak had a wide open lane to run because Zeke already wore down that front rushing 6 times for 36 yards..

here we are again, with you floundering as bad as Dak does on the field..

Blackrain

Reaction score
Gurode made his first pro bowl in 2006, the year Romo got inserted into the lineup. Leonard Davis came in 2007 in Dallas and never played with Parcells and was a bust for seven years in Arizona.

Marc Columbo started with Chicago and couldn’t even start with them and came mid season in 2005 and didn’t start a game. Columbo was a false start machine and in 2007 had 12 false starts.

Like I said, just stop.

Our only true legit lineman that stood on his own without Romo was Flozell Adams.
So what it dosent count because it was Gurodes first probowl LOL
Columbo was a1st round pick but was injured his rookie year in Chicago Dislocated Patella and nerve Damage Couldn't play we picked him up and waited for him to be able to play kind of like we just did with Jaylon

Who cares what Davis did in AZ made the probowl here and was a top draft pick So you stop distorting the facts

Romo had a good team early in his career PERIOD

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To defend Romo....guys will go to extreme lengths to revise history.....probably are the same ones who didn't even want Romo here when he played lol.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So that wasn’t up tempo or no huddle.. so your claim regarding the fourth is bogus and you are now using an example of ‘no huddle’ to demonstrate a point I already made..

here we are again, with you floundering as bad as Dak does on the field..
I can't make it any more clear. Do you not understand the word situations are you refusing to understand just like your silly agenda against Dak? I mean situations is a word most people learned in elementary school.