Signed by Cowboys Trevon Diggs 5-Year, $97M Extension (Contract Details Post 416)

817Gill

Reaction score
So I went back and looked, what bad games did diggs have? Seriously asking because I don't remember. The only one I can think of was Jacksonville, and that was him and the entire defense. Against GB christian Watson went off but diggs didn't cover him on either of his 3 touchdowns (I looked).

The eagles game with minshew he gave up a deep ball. Maybe gave up one to mike Evans idk in one our our tb games.

We didn't allow many 100 yard receivers all season. Jamar chase and Justin Jefferson both held in check as well.
Diggs was a top 3 corner for most of the year. His play slipped a little when the injuries to other corners came as it seemed like he reverted back to taking more risks to makeup for the lack of help.

If he plays within the scheme without freelancing much, he’s a top 3-5 CB in the game.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Side effect: his brother isn’t happy in Buffalo. Maybe he tries to force his way here in the offseason.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I'm good with this. He's never going to be a big hitter but I bet he learned something from the attention he got.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
So, his APY and guarantee DON'T reset the market and ties him for 5th in APY w/ Marshon Lattimore and 6th in guaranteed $$$ - seems like a good deal to me.
Seems like a win/win to me, too.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Diggs was a top 3 corner for most of the year. HiBigs play slipped a little when the injuries to other corners came as it seemed like he reverted back to taking more risks to makeup for the lack of help.

If he plays within the scheme without freelancing much, he’s a top 3-5 CB in the gameThe problem with us thinking he reverted back is that his int
The issue is that his INT'S drooped from 11 to 3 with this risk taking, and the completion percentage against him jumped over 10%. This contract plays on his 2021 season, not his 2022 even if his coverage stats might be better

erod

Reaction score
I don’t see how, unless he’s the type of player that completely shuts it down because he got paid. He’s a valuable piece to what the Cowboys are trying to build. It seems like every time we pay a real good player some says we’re going to regret it. You have to pay cornerstone
players if you want to build a championship team.
He gives up a lot of big plays.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
So I went back and looked, what bad games did diggs have? Seriously asking because I don't remember. The only one I can think of was Jacksonville, and that was him and the entire defense. Against GB christian Watson went off but diggs didn't cover him on either of his 3 touchdowns (I looked).

The eagles game with minshew he gave up a deep ball. Maybe gave up one to mike Evans idk in one our our tb games.

We didn't allow many 100 yard receivers all season. Jamar chase and Justin Jefferson both held in check as well.
It's not the coverage that concerns most folks it was the complete unwillingness to provide run support and tackling. Not just in the playoffs but for a good part of the season. It's part of the job description, whether he or some posters want to acknowledge that or not.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This guy is an elite corner and he’s only getting better! Great news
Gilmore, he’s going to make this guy a superstar. I don’t think I need to explain it to you. I do need too explain to others.