Signed by Cowboys Trevon Diggs 5-Year, $97M Extension (Contract Details Post 416)

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Overpaying players generally doesn’t end with championships. Hopefully we can get one in the next couple years, because 2 years down the road this roster is going to implode.

erod

Reaction score
So did Everson Walls and most of this fan base thinks he should be in the Hall of Fame. Diggs didn’t give up as many big plays last season, because he didn’t take as many chances. This caused his INT‘s to drop, but his coverage was better.
Stephone Gilmore is what will make Diggs better.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With all 3 of his interceptions last year?
All the times they didn’t challenge him. I guess that doesn’t mean anything
So did Everson Walls and most of this fan base thinks he should be in the Hall of Fame. Diggs didn’t give up as many big plays last season, because he didn’t take as many chances. This caused his INT‘s to drop, but his coverage was better.
I just said that, but not as elegant. Lol for some reason they don’t think that counts.

Rayman70

Reaction score
he takes himself outta plays when he doesn't wanna tackle. He gets uninterested often. That said, I really feel we didnt have much choice but 2 extend him.

starfan1

Reaction score
The fact that we have a Gilmore gives us the potential to have a great secondary. He’ll only be here a year or two, so it was important that we re-signed Diggs.
I will not miss #3

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All the times they didn’t challenge him. I guess that doesn’t mean anything

I just said that, but not as elegant. Lol for some reason they don’t think that counts.
Some of the same fans that want to move on from Trevon Diggs for getting burned are arguing that Everson Walls should be in the Hall of Fame. :rolleyes:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I can't believe some people criticize this move. Diggs is an elite corner. Sure he gets burned on occasion... but I don't remember it happening often last year. He more than makes up for it with his game changing plays. Also I think we were around 8th in passing yards given up, despite not really having a number 2 corner. Diggs is a big part of that.

He's 25 basically when the season begins, you're getting him in his prime the next 5 years. Great move.
Are you serious? The posters complaining about it in this thread are the same posters who complain about EVERYTHING EVERYDAY.