Signed by Cowboys Trevon Diggs 5-Year, $97M Extension (Contract Details Post 416)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I actually love it, I'll let Stephen deal with the contracts and salary cap situation. But to have a near lock down corner, and you can move corners in and out on the other side. This is how you do it. Lock up your main guy, and rotate the other guys.

kskboys

Reaction score
And some of you hot air balloon heads were wondering what we were going to to w/ the extra cap money from last season!!!!!

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Wow, can't wait to see what Micah will want after seeing this. He is gonna make this seem like pocket money for a Las Vegas weekend . I know you all will say this has nothing to do with MP, but it just shows you that if that is what they think of Diggs, imagine the Micah Parsons Project. Jerry will have to work overtime in his basement printing money.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I can't believe some people criticize this move. Diggs is an elite corner. Sure he gets burned on occasion... but I don't remember it happening often last year. He more than makes up for it with his game changing plays. Also I think we were around 8th in passing yards given up, despite not really having a number 2 corner. Diggs is a big part of that.

He's 25 basically when the season begins, you're getting him in his prime the next 5 years. Great move.

kskboys

Reaction score
NOT MY MONEY - I don't care.
Well, since this isn't about money, your post makes no sense. This is strictly about fitting players under the salary cap. And if you are a Cowboys fan, then it is your salary cap. It's everyone's.

shabazz

Reaction score
He still won’t tackle.
Now that he’s gotten paid he REALLY ain’t be tackling anybody over 170 pounds

he would gotten the same contract from another team so in this case Jerry wasn’t bidding against himself like he usually does.

khiladi

Reaction score
I think one can argue without much resistance it’s really the pressure up front that is the main driver of TOs. Dallas was generally getting pressure by stunts, without having to rush more than 4.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'd love my Corner to tackle, but I don't care about that unless he's the last line of defense. I'm much more interested in him shutting down top receivers. But that's just me.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Well, since this isn't about money, your post makes no sense. This is strictly about fitting players under the salary cap. And if you are a Cowboys fan, then it is your salary cap. It's everyone's.
When have the Cowboys ever had a problem keeping a guy they wanted to keep?

Carson

Reaction score
so the guy who sweats Cowboy blue waits while the guy who cries if he breaks a sweat does?
This is how things go. Martin was already under contract after this year. Diggs only goes up

Martin will be paid here in a few days. He’s likely chillen back home with the wife and kids.