Signed by Cowboys Trevon Diggs 5-Year, $97M Extension (Contract Details Post 416)

Motorola

Reaction score
Only if they didn’t put in the Deion Clause.
For every tackle Sanders avoided in a game, he made an impactful play to compensate for it --- some KO/many punt returns, interceptions --- a number resulting in touchdowns --- along with intimidating many NFL QBs to not even think about throwing passes his way during games.
Diggs not at that stature going into season four - but I'm hoping he hones his postition play to improve to be among the best - especially this upcoming season.

Creeper

Reaction score
Now that he is getting paid, let's hope he tightens up his coverage a little.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some of the same fans that want to move on from Trevon Diggs for getting burned are arguing that Everson Walls should be in the Hall of Fame. :rolleyes:
Yes, they don’t look at the overall picture they just take certain plays and think that’s the man’s career. He’s a solid, every down cornerback

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yet another example of how the Cowboys overvalue their own draft picks. No way a DB who avoids contact should get paid this much.
So what should we have done released him, no, he’s not a Deion Sanders, but you wanna talk about avoiding contact

plymkr

Reaction score
I hope 1 of his incentives is to tackle and hit people in the playoffs. I’m still mad about that Kittle play that he made a business decision on. Hopefully he gets more physical. Overall I’m happy with the signing but I want Diggs to step up his game and tackle more, especially in the playoffs

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This contract will not age well. I hope I am wrong but I am highly confident I won’t be. Diggs has a lot of fans here because the bar in the secondary was low for a long time and he came in and got some picks. Last year was not good. SF playoff game was really not good. They better have an answer for Martin if they are giving this deal to Diggs.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We knew he was going to get the money somewhere. He is one of the best CBs in the game. Not like we over paid a RB. The elite players at there positions get paid. I wish it was for less but very few players take a team friendly deal. Maybe now he got his contract he won’t be afraid to tackle.

If Cooks and Gallup are playing well then Lamb will look fantastic this year and get 20 a year. And imagine if Parsons keeps healthy and on pace. He won’t play that 5th year option.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hope 1 of his incentives is to tackle and hit people in the playoffs. I’m still mad about that Kittle play that he made a business decision on. Hopefully he gets more physical. Overall I’m happy with the signing but I want Diggs to step up his game and tackle more, especially in the playoffs
Yes, I think that’s why everybody doesn’t think he deserves the money. But the overall performance and potential it’s very possible one more hit may have kept him out of the game. We don’t know how we felt. I’ve tackled someone with my head down and jammed my neck and took the next play off and it was a touchdown. It just happens. Maybe I should take myself out of the game. Street football. Even though I do train with professionals.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yet another example of how the Cowboys overvalue their own draft picks. No way a DB who avoids contact should get paid this much.
He didn't avoid contact his entire time with the Cowboys. Just towards the end. I'm guessing it was to avoid injury before he got paid. Holding out is no longer an option for players. They find other ways to get the message across.

I actually thought he would cost more. We should have two pretty good corners. I'm interested to see how this plays out. We can't just ship every good player we get because they ask for a lot.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
This contract will not age well. I hope I am wrong but I am highly confident I won’t be. Diggs has a lot of fans here because the bar in the secondary was low for a long time and he came in and got some picks. Last year was not good. SF playoff game was really not good. They better have an answer for Martin if they are giving this deal to Diggs.
Bingo

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This is spot on.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, I think he’s a very good corner. It’s only going to get better. How many times did they stay away from his side of the field?. It’s going to be very interesting with Gilmore and Bland. I’m happy about it. Because I don’t think the money is a big deal anyways.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
His flaws showed last year with him not wanting to tackle. Now he is paid he may throw his head in that car crash here and there. I like his play the year before better.
I don’t know why the money is such a big deal to people. We have it Martin is next.