Signed by Cowboys Trevon Diggs 5-Year, $97M Extension (Contract Details Post 416)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They're going to regret this one.
I don’t see how, unless he’s the type of player that completely shuts it down because he got paid. He’s a valuable piece to what the Cowboys are trying to build. It seems like every time we pay a real good player some says we’re going to regret it. You have to pay cornerstone
players if you want to build a championship team.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
You guys are incredibly silly. Martin has already been paid. Look it up.
yes he has been, but someone like me who watched Diggs play scared last year I pay Zach what he deserves in the market before I pay Diggs what he doesn't. Not sure why we accepted his level of compete and just rewarded it? Zach is a hall of famer, are we having this same discussion about Diggs in 5 years? I'm not remotely convinced. When Zach comes back, whether or not he gets paid his level of play will be the same it has been his entire career. Diggs chose to not compete for his team last year, instead he competed for his next winfall.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
This is how things go. Martin was already under contract after this year. Diggs only goes up

Martin will be paid here in a few days. He’s likely chillen back home with the wife and kids.
you have inside info suggesting he will be paid?

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
So I went back and looked, what bad games did diggs have? Seriously asking because I don't remember. The only one I can think of was Jacksonville, and that was him and the entire defense. Against GB christian Watson went off but diggs didn't cover him on either of his 3 touchdowns (I looked).

The eagles game with minshew he gave up a deep ball. Maybe gave up one to mike Evans idk in one our our tb games.

We didn't allow many 100 yard receivers all season. Jamar chase and Justin Jefferson both held in check as well.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm interested in what his cap hit for 2023 will be. I'm wondering if they move any of his base salary forward. Because his bonus money will be around 4M alone for 2023.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Did prime no show in the playoffs? I don't have memories of prime getting burned either.
He played for some great teams in the playoffs. Two of those teams won Super Bowls. As for Deion getting burned, Isaac Bruce toasted him once. That’s not the only time he got burned. It happens to all of them when you take a lot of chances