Signed by Cowboys Trevon Diggs 5-Year, $97M Extension (Contract Details Post 416)

Whyjerry

Reaction score
No, I think he’s a very good corner. It’s only going to get better. How many times did they stay away from his side of the field?. It’s going to be very interesting with Gilmore and Bland. I’m happy about it. Because I don’t think the money is a big deal anyways.
Good not great. Must be better.

JBS

Reaction score
Man that term gets thrown around way more than it should. Diggs is good but he was no where close to elite last year.
Diggs was incredible last year. His coverage skills were elevated to new heights and he’s only improving.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
His flaws showed last year with him not wanting to tackle. Now he is paid he may throw his head in that car crash here and there. I like his play the year before better.
Way better. His tackle avoidance was scary last year. He needs to be much better. I hope I am wrong but I think this is not going to be a good one.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Way better. His tackle avoidance was scary last year. He needs to be much better. I hope I am wrong but I think this is not going to be a good one.
Haven’t heard all the specs yet. Maybe an out in a few years. What’s the guaranteed money look like.

The lack of tackling in the playoff game was awful.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
After how he finished the later part of the season last year, I would have waited a bit longer to see if he played better to start this season.

But it’s always nice when they lock up a talented player long term too.
I do agree with this. I don't have a problem with what they are paying him. It's funny money, so his first two years will be relatively cheap. But I would have waited. However, he was playing at a high level last year. It seems our fans mainly hold the whiff on Kittle against him, because his coverage overall improved even though his interception numbers went down. He was close to being shut down for a large portion of the season.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Anytime a player gets paid fans complain because they don’t want to pay anyone. Diggs is just another real good player a lot of fans wanted to move on from. The complaining will continue when CeeDee and Parsons get paid.
It's a product of not really understanding how caponomics work. They see nearly $100 million and think it destroys the cap or that the player is overpaid. (Well, they are all overpaid, but it's the going rate.)