Signed by Cowboys Trevon Diggs 5-Year, $97M Extension (Contract Details Post 416)

Swagger

Reaction score
Pay em all.

Leave nothing on the table for anyone else.

Heck, give Pollard a little bit too.
Then when it comes round to Prescott- he will probably want 50 million+ resulting in Stephen talking about the pie again. Except this time, hopefully there won't be enough to go round to him.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Clark?

I don’t see superstar in the cards.
It’s possible if he can play to his full potential. He can be all world but that’s any guy coming into the nfl.

Even if he becomes a stud. It’ll be years before they need to get him resigned.

Carson

Reaction score
Then when it comes round to Prescott- he will probably want 50 million+ resulting in Stephen talking about the pie again. Except this time, hopefully there won't be enough to go round to him.
Ideally, in a perfect world it’s how teams are structured and win Super Bowls (minus Brady and Mahomes). Rookie contract QB and stacked team

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
:laugh: Jerry and Stephen doing their usual. Overpaying for one of the least impactful positions.

kskboys

Reaction score
When have the Cowboys ever had a problem keeping a guy they wanted to keep?
That is not what it's about. It's about keeping who they want to keep AND forming a super bowl contender. You're looking at this backwards!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
I can't believe some people criticize this move. Diggs is an elite corner. Sure he gets burned on occasion... but I don't remember it happening often last year. He more than makes up for it with his game changing plays. Also I think we were around 8th in passing yards given up, despite not really having a number 2 corner. Diggs is a big part of that.

He's 25 basically when the season begins, you're getting him in his prime the next 5 years. Great move.
He is not elite yet.

Diggs needs to learn to play more under control, play w/ more discipline. If he does, then he's worth a lot. If not, then he's overpaid.

Swagger

Reaction score
He's decent but it's an overpay.

People keep banging on about him not hitting Kittle...there's no guarantee he stops the first down even if he takes his head off. Over the years enough tight ends have been able to take the hit from a corner and finish the play. Probably Prescott fans trying to deflect from his clown show.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Absolutely brilliant news. Suck it, all you haters that didn’t want to extend him. Absolute dumb idea to let this guy walk or trade him
You're not a hater simply because you don't want to extend. The market data clearly indicated this would likely be a $20 million per year deal. I just worry this could be another of those market setting deals that don't pan out.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Jerry Jones reveals how he made a decision on the financials of Trevon Diggs new contract.

balding-man-prepares-to-hit-his-head.jpg

JBS

Reaction score
You're not a hater simply you because you don't want to extend. The market data clearly indicated this would likely be a $20 million per year deal. I just worry this could be another of those market setting deals that don't pan out.
The guy is an elite cornerback. He’s improving every single season. He plays a premium position. He’s 24. To say it’s dumb not to pay him would be putting it nicely.