Signed by Cowboys Trevon Diggs 5-Year, $97M Extension (Contract Details Post 416)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Interesting.

What I do know is that Diggs needs to be much more disciplined to be top 10. I personally think he will be, but that's opinion.
Diggs is top 10
Now I don’t even know how anyone could consider Slay better or Bradberry 10 when he doesn’t face number ones.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The defense doesn’t seem to suffer for his lack of tackling. CBs NEVER get paid for tackling and never will. He gets paid for coverage and interceptions. Like all big contracts, it will pale in the next year or 2. I think it will now be fun to watch him with another legit CB on the other side.

coult44

Reaction score
Wow 5 years? Will allow them to backload it a ton. Good news for 2023-2025

But definitely surprised he was priority over CeeDee, Dak, or Zach
He wasn’t a priority over anyone. The entire Cowboys FO has been telling everyone they want to get all the deals done. Whoever wants to deal will get a deal. It’s really that simple.

coult44

Reaction score
The defense doesn’t seem to suffer for his lack of tackling. CBs NEVER get paid for tackling and never will. He gets paid for coverage and interceptions. Like all big contracts, it will pale in the next year or 2. I think it will now be fun to watch him with another legit CB on the other side.
The best CB of all time was a horrible tackler most of his career. Nobody ever cared if 21 tackled or not. Shut down half the field, or make a lot of pics. We pay LBs and Safeties to tackle. I don’t want my 185lb. DB going head up with #1 WR’s or 240LB tight ends.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Why do I feel like if Dallas didn’t re sign Diggs, instead letting him go in FA… this guy would be telling us how great of a player Trevon is. (Not you hot rocks… the guy that you quoted in your post).
:laugh:

A lot of the same that say this is an over pay or dumb will also say why don't they spend on outside FA. Do I wish he Diggs was Champ Bailey sure, it could be worse they could pony up premium FA dollars next year for Brandon Carr.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Why do I feel like if Dallas didn’t re sign Diggs, instead letting him go in FA… this guy would be telling us how great of a player Trevon is. (Not you hot rocks… the guy that you quoted in your post).

Yup, if the Cowboys do it, it's dumb. If the Cowboys don't do it, it's dumb. If another team does it, it's genius.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
Seems like it’s a decent deal for the Cowboys with only 42 million guaranteed and a significant signing bonus. If he doesn’t live up to the contract there should be a reasonably early out here. I think Diggs is a good player and if he plays to his peak he will be worth the money. If he doesn’t, we move on in two years most likely.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Lots of hate to diggs on the missed maybe no effort tackle in the playoffs. The same folks lambasting him are the Dak crowd who is ok with subpar play. Diggs led the league in INTs once. very very tough thing to accomplish. What has 4 led? Tds? No. INTs? Yes. Passing or rushing yards? No. I'm sure y'all can find a wind from the west and full moon stat to hang a hat on. Being the top dog in a key statistical category means you are one of the best. Not 10ish but 1. Size, athleticism and healthy on game day. Nose for the ball and a fiery competitor. Needs for guys like him are expensive. Diggs and Lamb are tough ones to get the right deal done. Parsons is not hard at all. He's the dawg. Signing all 3 to the right deal is tough and make it affordable and not restrictive. I don't see a way Dallas can afford Lamb, Diggs, Parsons, Dak, Martin, Dlaw, Pollard. Pollard is probably gone for sure in the future. Need at least one or more contracts to be cheap or disappear.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Cee Dee getting over 100 million, Dak gonna get over a 1/4 billion, got to pay Zach Martin but what is Micah getting? I'm guessing 5 years and 150 million