Signed by Cowboys Trevon Diggs 5-Year, $97M Extension (Contract Details Post 416)

Nav22

Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'm okay with a STUD like Diggs occasionally making a "business decision" and not tackling.

A skinny dude like Diggs will get hurt if he keeps sticking his nose in there to deliver hits. We need him healthy and covering receivers.

Deion made business decisions too, and he was smart for doing so.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
But then last offseason 4 WRs with similar accolades to CD all grumbled and got megadeals after their third year. The precedent is pay them or lose them; I think CD’s is still coming soon
Those players didn't have the fifth-year option, they're irrelevant.

AJ Brown, Christian Kirk, DK Metcalf, Deebo, McLaurin were all second or third-round picks picks. DJ Moore signed after his 4th year.

There is 0 precedent for a first-round WR (I think Zeke is the only player, overall) to sign an extension after year 3.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'm okay with a STUD like Diggs occasionally making a "business decision" and not tackling.

A skinny dude like Diggs will get hurt if he keeps sticking his nose in there to deliver hits. We need him healthy and covering receivers.

OK with it or not is pretty irrelevant, most every player in the league does it in one way or another.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I get some people questioning his tackling, and it should be better, but he does have 17 ints in his career so far. If it wasn't Dallas paying the man, it was going to be another team. Glad he is still roaming our secondary.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
After how he finished the later part of the season last year
Nothing like rewarding a guy for being completely uncommitted to doing what it takes to advance in the playoffs.

That's why we are champions!! Oh, that's been a minute.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Great deal, and finally the Cowboys are extending early.

Next up should be Lamb, Steele, Hooker and to a lesser extent Pollard, Tyron, and Biadasz

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a feeling a good number of those complaining the Cowboys overpaid would probably be the first people screaming the Cowboys are cheapskates if Diggs left next year and signed someplace else.
Yeah, no.

Sounds good though.

CWR

Reaction score
Wow 5 years? Will allow them to backload it a ton. Good news for 2023-2025

But definitely surprised he was priority over CeeDee, Dak, or Zach

No telling if he was prioritized over those guys or if he was easier to negotiate with.

CD is the one they need to focus on. Dak needs to prove himself without KM and Martin isn't getting any younger. I do believe they need to meet him in the middle though.

Nav22

Reaction score
OK with it or not is pretty irrelevant, most every player in the league does it in one way or another.
Absolutely right.

The guys who are always seeking contact without any regard for their bodies end up like Sean Lee.

CWR

Reaction score

But you can't make those decisions in the playoffs, in tight games.

CWR

Reaction score
Great deal, and finally the Cowboys are extending early.

Next up should be Lamb, Steele, Hooker and to a lesser extent Pollard, Tyron, and Biadasz

Absolutely on Lamb and Steele. Hooker I think we lose, probably the other guys as well. They need to get Martin some money and then Parsons on the horizon. Gonna have to continue to draft well if we pay all the studs.