Signed by Cowboys Trevon Diggs 5-Year, $97M Extension (Contract Details Post 416)

CWR

Reaction score
You will never convince me a cb afraid to hit and tackle should br paid anywhere close to 20 mil

You wouldn't have paid Prime? I'm not putting Diggs up there, but being a ball hawk is a rare trait and he wasn't going to go without in any circumstance.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
yet Zach sits and waits after sacrificing his body all these years, and this guy gets paid for not sacrificing his body. Yup, total sense

Praxit

Reaction score
...IMO ..thats way to much for his input, as of late. I would have extended Lamb instead. Waited on Diggs another year.

rambo2

Reaction score
I have a feeling a good number of those complaining the Cowboys overpaid would probably be the first people screaming the Cowboys are cheapskates if Diggs left next year and signed someplace else.
Of course they would. They are a bunch of nuts.

CWR

Reaction score
...IMO ..thats way to much for his input, as of late. I would have extended Lamb instead. Waited on Diggs another year.

I would've done CD first as well, but do we know they weren't trying? I don't have a clue what CD is looking for. It may have been better value to get Diggs done presently.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s going to be interesting now that he got paid if continues to make even more business decisions.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I'm sure Diggs being in the final year of his contract while Dallas locked up Lamb's 5th year option played a part in which one gets a new contract first.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Did prime no show in the playoffs? I don't have memories of prime getting burned either.

So would you pay him or not? That's the point, not a comparison between Prime and Diggs.

If you don't pay Diggs where does that leave this defense next year?

I have my own reservations, but I do believe he's a game changer.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nothing like a Cowboy fan complaining just to be complaining
Anytime a player gets paid fans complain because they don’t want to pay anyone. Diggs is just another real good player a lot of fans wanted to move on from. The complaining will continue when CeeDee and Parsons get paid.