Twitter: Trevon Diggs confronts reporter after game over tweet

jwitten82

Reaction score
Then point out all three players involved, not the guy with the biggest contract.

The tweet seems targeted, which is why Diggs may have taken offense.

You have your opinion and I have mine, and I will leave it at that.
The others guys weren't jogging, you can tell Diggs wasn't going full speed

pansophy

Reaction score
There were a bunch of guys that should have had him first. As much as people complain about Jerry they have bought into his philosophy of building a football team because the stars get called out for bad plays of other guys. Over and over we hear "where is D-Ware, Romo, Dak, Dez, CeeDee, Micah, Diggs, etc" as if those guys are supposed to be able to do everything no matter how bad the play is of the other guys.

No team has had more pro bowlers than us over the last 10 years or so, but we try to pay them all and have a bunch of C players behind them. It sells tickets but teams filled with B to B+ players with maybe 1 or 2 legit stars are going to beat a team with 5 or 6 stars and a bunch of scrubs.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
There were a bunch of guys that should have had him first.
This thread isn't about Wilson and Hooker. It is about Diggs and his pathetic effort and worthless play. If you want to bash those guys have at it but to use them as an excuse for Diggs is just plain weak.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I gotta be honest............... I don't see the big issue here. I am one to call out players for sucking or being lazy but live, it never even crossed my mind on that play that Diggs was being lazy. And honestly, Diggs made a couple of big stops in the run game which is unusual for him. So Leslie trying to call him out for that one play seems lame. I mean there are two other Cowboys closer to the runner than Diggs so he could have assumed they would make the play.

Now should Diggs have called Leslie out? Nah.
Diggs wasn't alone on that play, Wilson also failed miserably. But at least he tried. There's no way Diggs was putting 100% in to that play. It's literally his job to tackle. More than one defender can tackle a player at the same time. Him "thinking they had him" makes it even worse.

Sydla

Reaction score
He wasn't alone on that play, Wilson also failed miserably. But at least he tried. There's no way Diggs was putting 100% in to that play. It's literally his job to tackle. More than one defender can tackle a player at the same time. Him "thinking they had him" makes it even worse.
You literally see it all the time, guys thinking someone else (in this case TWO guys) will make play.

Of all the plays to dig Diggs on, that's an odd one. Leslie clearly wanted to bust balls there.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
What does he do right after games? Look at tweets to see what the media says? The whole makeup of this team is completely broken and all you have to do is look at the senile old man to see why.
I actually think some of these fools check social media during the games.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The others guys weren't jogging, you can tell Diggs wasn't going full speed
Plus, it looked like he was trying to grab a flag like it was flag football the way he finger tipped the guy's jersey. No real effort to do anything other than be around a guy who gets tackled, and not take the responsibility to make the tackle.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You literally see it all the time, guys thinking someone else (in this case TWO guys) will make play.

Of all the plays to dig Diggs on, that's an odd one. Leslie clearly wanted to bust balls there.
Not odd at all, completely lazy. It was a perfectly fine question to ask. Diggs being on Twitter immediately just makes him look worse.

lwehlers

Reaction score
i can not get the lack of urgency by the defense on that play. kittles is running full speed and the cowboys defense is just behind him jogging and letting him score unbelievable how horrilble this team is. i am going to quit getting disgusted in this team the rest of this year because this team does not care.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
i can not get the lack of urgency by the defense on that play. kittles is running full speed and the cowboys defense is just behind him jogging and letting him score unbelievable how horrilble this team is. i am going to quit getting disgusted in this team the rest of this year because this team does not care.
Our players are legit scared of Kittle. Not exaggerating they are legit scared. The football field is the great equalizer. Weakness will be exposed and punished. The NFL field is the pinnacle of human conflict in sports. Guys that are only there for the paycheck stick out like a sore thumb.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Money plays in Dallas. Until the players actually fear for losing their snaps based on performance, you will continue to see this foolishness.

MyFairLady

Reaction score

This was posted in another thread. Wilson again stinks but at least he tries. Diggs is pathetic as usual. Even the WR who blocked him runs by him to get back into the play.

Creeper

Reaction score
I thought Diggs played much better last night than he did the last game. I think on the play in question he thought the other two Cowboys in front of h im were going to make the play. I thought so two. Criticizing Diggs on that player and not Donovan Wilson seems out of place. Wilson struggled in coverage all night. Kittle absolutely killed him.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Someone being honest with themselves would say Diggs sucked.

Someone not being honest with themselves would say any of the following:

That wasn't his worst play of the game.
He was better than he was last game.
He thought someone else was going to make the play.
Other players were worse than him on that play.

Anything as long as Diggs doesn't have to accept any accountability whatsoever.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Someone being honest with themselves would say Diggs sucked.

Someone not being honest with themselves would say any of the following:

That wasn't his worst play of the game.
He was better than he was last game.
He thought someone else was going to make the play.
Other players were worse than him on that play.

Anything as long as Diggs doesn't have to accept any accountability whatsoever.
It's amazing how every player that shows up punk like Diggs, or stinks up the joint like Duck Prescott, has a cadre of fans making excuses, or trying to pass the blame buck. We even have some Jerry stans still trying to make excuses for the "football man".