Trey Lance can develop into the next Jordan Love

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Pathetic for a grown man.
You say you're not a hater because you don't personally know Dak, but then you immediately accuse me of being a lover even though I don't know Dak. Very hypocritical. Since I'm a lover in your book, well, you're a hater.

cowboyec

Reaction score
hopefully mccarthy is allowed time to develop him.
i feel much better about 19 after last night.
with time...he just might be the guy.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lance is a terrible passer who can't read defenses or understand the breakdowns of plays.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It is incredible how one game changed the tone on Lance. One game.

His physical talent is there. Guy just needs to play actual football games. He has a ways to go but the talent is there. Can they get his mechanics sorted out enough to make him a better thrower?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Wrong but you Lance lovers are just as bad as the Dak lovers
There are no “Lance lovers” unless his girlfriend or family posts on this board and maybe one other poster who calls him a “phenom”. He’s been here far too short a term for anyone else otherwise to have any emotional investment in or attachment to him. Just because there are certain extremes exhibited by fans of the current starting QB on the roster doesn’t mean that they exist for a developing one. At most, there’s a hope (whether that is considered realistic or not) that he can be a franchise QB of the future if he realizes his potential.

Shane612

Reaction score
1. Start Lance every game
2. Don't pay 65 million a year to #4

Either you get the next franchise Qb or you get top 8 draft position to pick the next franchise Qb.

We win Either way and Jerry keeps raking in greenback.

It's pragmatic and completely logical when you also realize that this roster isn't "all in" for the 2024 season
I like it.
If Lance turns out be a decent to good QB, it makes Jerry look like a genius.
:laugh:

Retro88

Reaction score
It is incredible how one game changed the tone on Lance. One game.

His physical talent is there. Guy just needs to play actual football games. He has a ways to go but the talent is there. Can they get his mechanics sorted out enough to make him a better thrower?
Meh, only for some. He showed improvement which I'm happy for but I still don't see him as a whole lot in this league. That being said I don't hate the trade for him tho. I honestly wish we'd take more shots at QBs.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
The sample size with Lance in a Cowboys uniform is 2 preseason games.

On the other hand, the sample size with Dak is measured in years- 8 seasons.

BTW, Dak's career QB RTG per ESPN is 99.0. Lance's RTG last night was 98.3.

ArtClink

Reaction score
The sample size with Lance in a Cowboys uniform is 2 preseason games.

On the other hand, the sample size with Dak is measured in years- 8 seasons.

BTW, Dak's career QB RTG per ESPN is 99.0. Lance's RTG last night was 98.3.
If Dak goes down early, we will lose ten games. Lance might develop into a serviceable backup in a year or so but it’s fools gold to think he will ever be a quality starter.

Hadenough

Reaction score
They have similar physical/athletic traits and arm talent. Lance really just needs reps. I'm not sure if winning 9 - 10 games and losing in the wild card round with Dak is the way to go.
If he develops into Jordan Love that puts him better than Dak.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Nice try.
Not trying anything. Just pointing out that it’s always said in this very forum that franchise QBs can carry the team regardless of the roster.

So you can’t then absolve Lance or any QB for that matter just because they have a different name when he fails to do it .