Trey Lance is a flip-for-profit?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Don't need to be a scout to have common sense. His stats in HS were none existent. He was not recruited - listed as an athlete(not a QB on his visits). Only played 1 legit year in college at a lower level. Was drafted by a team that had everything around him to make him successful with time to develop - and it did not work. He could not even secure the back up role.

Jerry took a gamble looking for oil.
I agree except for the time to develop. The 49ers didn't really let him sit and develop. For some reason they kept throwing him out there. Some of it was due to injuries to Jimmy G. Lance was the starter during the 5th game of his rookie season. He was also the opening day starter his second season. The 49ers scouts and management thought they saw something in him worth trading a whole lot to acquire and get on the field. I'm not sure what they saw. I don't think he will do anything in Dallas, but getting him for a 4th round pick wasn't the worst thing I've seen.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't need to be a scout to have common sense. His stats in HS were none existent. He was not recruited - listed as an athlete(not a QB on his visits). Only played 1 legit year in college at a lower level. Was drafted by a team that had everything around him to make him successful with time to develop - and it did not work. He could not even secure the back up role.

Jerry took a gamble looking for oil.
You’re not qualified to make a determination like that from your couch.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Cowboys - Hunter Luepke (North Dakota State)
Jabil Cox
MVFC Defensive Player of the Year (2018)
2× first-team All-MVFC (2018, 2019)

Does that tell you anything about the MVFC ?

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They would have to provide evidence that he is "fixed" which won't happen if he never plays. Every time you see a flipped QB like Matt Cassle, it comes after they perform well in fill in duty.
His broken leg healed.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Kyle Shanahan doesn't think so, and he's actually met Trey Lance.
They got rid of him because they couldn’t keep him without a media storm every time Purdy plays bad.

Even when Purdy has played bad this season fans immediately had Lance regret.

Nice try though.

jsb357

Reaction score
kinda neat how Dak started playing at a higher level once Lance was in the building...

:popcorn:

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
They got rid of him because they couldn’t keep him without a media storm every time Purdy plays bad.

Even when Purdy has played bad this season fans immediately had Lance regret.

Nice try though.
You're saying Kyle Shanahan got rid of a serviceable quarterback because he was scared of the media pandering to casual fans who have always been stupid about everything. Yeah, okay.

If you're going to be snarky, at least don't be ridiculous.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
My speculation is, Jerry trusts Mike so much with turning a QB into a player, and watching how much hes helped Dak improve this year, Jerry got Trey Lance as a flip project. Have Mike fix him, then flip him for premo picks to a desperate team.

It shows how much Jerry believe in Mike.
Since when has Freddy Flintstone been a QB whisperer? he had a generational talent in rogers and one a single freaking Super Bowl… the only way we ever flip Lance is if Romo gets hurt, and Lance balls out…

Big_D

Reaction score
Jabil Cox
MVFC Defensive Player of the Year (2018)
2× first-team All-MVFC (2018, 2019)

Does that tell you anything about the MVFC ?
You named 1 player? That tells you that things like that happen all over college football. Great players at the college ranks don't always translate to the next level. Even those playing at a D1 powerhouse. We've seen it a million times. And some players that went to small schools or D2.. come in and do well. There's no exact science here.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Why oh why is it so difficult for some CZ members to accept Lance as an insurance policy with starter potential? Sure Dak has earned the starting job a long time ago and based on his performance this season he will get extended. But yes he's 30 and his mobility is vital to his performance. Which is why Dak's likelihood for injury goes up the longer he plays. Cooper Rush, while having a track record for winning games is not the QB you want if Dak suffered a season ending injury. So it made sense for the Cowboys to invest in a QB with more upside potential.

I really hope this sinks in, but I doubt it.
Posters have agendas. Some wanted him to replace Dak, some put him down to discredit the threat that he would replace Dak. Catch said it best, he will be Dak’s backup next season.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Posters have agendas. Some wanted him to replace Dak, some put him down to discredit the threat that he would replace Dak. Catch said it best, he will be Dak’s backup next season.
LOL a couple of CZ members already wrote off Lance because of some "bad" SF tape. Probably the same people who wrote off Brandon Aubrey in preseason because of a couple of bad kicks. Who are these self-appointed armchair welfare check collectors anyway?

BigD5

Reaction score
Not saying Dak Prescott is Joe Montana, but I think Trey Lance could be our Steve Young.

Again...not saying he's gonna be a HOF QB, but I think getting a few years to sit and learn from Dak and McCarthy and in a few years he could be a top QB
Lol

Dak is still learning. He can’t teach anybody lol

Didn’t Collinsworth say he was stunned to see how excited Dak was that he just started learning how to play QB? Yeeesh

Chasing6

Reaction score
Most Teams have a starter, back-up, and developmental QB. If you can develop him why trade him? The Way QBs are getting hurt the last couple of years, why get rid of him?
You don't develop someone paying them $5M.