Trey Lance keeps missing his mark

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Because I saw more good in Trey Lance today than I have seen in Dak in eight seasons.
And he continues to get better.
But as usual you guys are going to hate on him, even though it was PRESEASON!
Lance had 5 picks against practice squad dudes in 1 game........................Dak had 9 picks along with 36 TDs (led NFL) over 17 games last year..........................but Lance showed more good today than Dak has in his career???:huh:

This is why I cant take you anti-Dak dudes seriously anymore.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because I saw more good in Trey Lance today than I have seen in Dak in eight seasons.
And he continues to get better.
But as usual you guys are going to hate on him, even though it was PRESEASON!
Folks, this is gold. Enjoy the laughter and entertainment only available at CZ. This is just a tiny sample of the kind of entertainment available here. :facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can actually say that about Lance after that performance with a straight face? Say what you want about Dak, I don't remember a game where he was THAT bad. If Dak threw ONE of the 4 (I'm not counting one of the picks because it's on the WR) picks that Lance threw, you and some of the others here would be demanding that Dak be tarred, feathered, and released in downtown Dallas in a public square.
This dude and the other‘s like him are here just for 1 reason. To troll. They are the worst kind of “fans”.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They try to act like Dak missing throws or having bad games is the same as Trey Lance missing throws and having bad games. When Dak still showed he can be a reliable regular season QB who is highly ranked in a lot of statistical categories. Falling short in the postseason is the reason for why many are ready to move on from him. But as far as QB skills and ability goes, he is still way above Lance.

The whole goal of moving on from Dak is to find a QB who is an improvement on him when it comes to QB attributes and skills. And winning in the postseason. Lance has had 2 offseasons with 2 different teams in 2 years and has been fighting for the back up job. And struggled today against 3rd and 4th string defenses. But anyone acknowledging Lance having a long way to go before he can be a legitimate starter in the NFL, has been accused of being "Dak before Dallas." fans.
Just so you know, Sydia is a well established Dak hater so be aware.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Any Eagles fan who comes here for entertainment must be pretty desperate for attention. It's an odd pastime, to say the least. :rolleyes:
No kidding. It’s the most bizarre behavior I’ve ever seen. Aero lithe_Lion is a prime example along with Mountaindude and puppy. Why don’t they stick withe the Eagirls forum? Seems like they spend more time here than anywhere else yet they’re self proclaimed Eagirls fans. Weird.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
This was a big off season and pre-season games for Lance and he was given the opportunities to prove himself. It's year 4 and he still doesn't look as far along in his development as he should be and it doesn't make much sense to keep throwing resources at him beyond this season. We could draft a QB that would be just as developed or more and would be younger and cost less than Lance. If we move on from Dak, we could get Lance for cheap or get a QB on a rookie deal and I'd rather start fresh with a QB on a rookie deal than keep trying to fix some else's mistake.

Lance has potential and doesn't have enough experience, but again this is year 4 and at some point that potential has to translate into results and it doesn't make much sense to keep him beyond this season.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This was a big off season and pre-season games for Lance and he was given the opportunities to prove himself. It's year 4 and he still doesn't look as far along in his development as he should be and it doesn't make much sense to keep throwing resources at him beyond this season. We could draft a QB that would be just as developed or more and would be younger and cost less than Lance. If we move on from Dak, we could get Lance for cheap or get a QB on a rookie deal and I'd rather start fresh with a QB on a rookie deal than keep trying to fix some else's mistake.

Lance has potential and doesn't have enough experience, but again this is year 4 and at some point that potential has to translate into results and it doesn't make much sense to keep him beyond this season.
No man.

Lance is fire.

And we got the kid for a 4th.

2025 draft is all about RB1 and RG1.

leeblair

Reaction score
Lance had 5 picks against practice squad dudes in 1 game........................Dak had 9 picks along with 36 TDs (led NFL) over 17 games last year..........................but Lance showed more good today than Dak has in his career???:huh:

This is why I cant take you anti-Dak dudes seriously anymore.
And by the same token, you can surely see why we don't take pro-Dak guys serious.
With eight years experience, home field advantage against a weaker team, Dak threw a pick 6 and another inside his own twenty to COST THE COWBOYS ANOTHER PLAYOFF GAME .
Every season ends early when the pressure gets to Dak and he chokes.
So you guys can't wait to harp on a preseason game in which Lance was most assuredly encouraged to take chances so he could learn.
You guys are pathetic.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
No man.

Lance is fire.

And we got the kid for a 4th.

2025 draft is all about RB1 and RG1.
RG? Bebee is our future RG, Brock Hoffman is good enough to start at either RG or C. What we need is another WR, and a RB.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It's year 4 and he still doesn't look as far along in his development...
Except he hasn't been playing for four years. He was out much of one year with a finger injury and then completely out for another due to an ankle injury. This repetition that he's a fourth year player when he makes mistakes as if he's played or started for all of those four years is deceptively inaccurate. You can't criticize someone for being green and needing work and then get mad at the mistakes he makes because of it and double down on the criticism, like chasing6 often does. That's having your cake and eating it too.

He would still be on the 49ers if Mr. Irrelevant Purdy didn't surprise. Once that happened, they no longer felt the need to continue with Lance's development when they lucked into Purdy and so considered what could have translated into a "sunk cost fallacy" with Lance effectively traded with the former. In other words, Purdy became more than just a "consolation prize" for their costly attempt to find a young franchise QB which every organization seeks. He became the figurative draft pick.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Elite players don't play down to their competition.
But yet, we have an 8 year vet, that some call elite, that can't play up to his competition in the playoffs. And in many regular big season games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In spite of Trey's 5 INT's, I still liked what I saw overall. He was more decisive today, had better accuracy. And still had zip on the ball, but not fast balling it.

His INT's.
2 were very good defensive plays. Did the WR screwup? Don't know. We seen Dak get picked quite often from these type of plays. And in big moments of games. With starters.
2 were just poor decisions. We seen Dak do that many of times as well. And in big games. With starters.
The last one, poor throw, forced due to running out of time. He will learn from that. Can't recall Dak having one like that, but I am sure there are similar plays.

Somewhat disappointed but yet encouraged also. I have no issues with this in a preseason game. As he did some very good things.
We seen his athletic ability on that TD run. And Dak can't do that. They need to have some packages in play to take advantage of that.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Except he hasn't been playing for four years. He was out much of one year with a finger injury and then completely out for another due to an ankle injury. This repetition that he's a fourth year player when he makes mistakes as if he's played or started for all of those four years is deceptively inaccurate. You can't criticize someone for being green and needing work and then get mad at the mistakes he makes because of it and double down on the criticism, like chasing6 often does. That's having your cake and eating it too.

He would still be on the 49ers if Mr. Irrelevant Purdy didn't surprise. Once that happened, they no longer felt the need to continue with Lance's development when they lucked into Purdy and so considered what could have translated into a "sunk cost fallacy" with Lance effectively traded with the former. In other words, Purdy became more than just a "consolation prize" for their costly attempt to find a young franchise QB which every organization seeks. He became the figurative draft pick.
What's the point in having cake if you're not gonna eat it? I can be critical because at this point he still struggles in making basic throws, his poor overall mechanics and he has to take some responsibility in developing that himself. He's had the time and the means to improve that part of his game and can't all be laid at the feet of the 9ers or Cowboys. He is still a project and it doesn't make sense to keep as a project beyond this season. It makes more sense to go after a rookie QB next year that will be younger, cheaper and hopefully won't need as much time to develop in basic mechanics and the time can be put into the intricacies of the game.

Chasing6

Reaction score

And some how you think this is a good thing? Once again he had 50 completions in HS. Played only 1 year in college. Has basically sat going on 5 years.

How does he make up that time lost and get the experience he needs???

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't get why people don't understand how intellectually dishonest it is to use the "but it's been four years" gimmick.