Trey Lance keeps missing his mark

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
How does a rookie QB show he had "done enough"...in the NFL...to start? They DO NOT!

YOu are lead astray with that thinking.

They start and they either do...or do not.

They get their shot and are NEVER>..EVER...vetted as hard as Lance is now.

EVER/

They do actually. They do it though preseason play and then regular season play in their first season. If they do a consistent enough job with throwing the ball and showing that they can improve in all of the important areas a QB needs to improve upon to have a long termed career as a starter in the NFL. Then they keep their job for the foreseeable future. If they don't. They eventually lose their jobs as a starter. And either become backups QBs or journey men type of QBs going around to different NFL teams every season. The biggest busts find themselves soon not even having a career in the NFL.

If you don't think that a rookie QB can show enough promise to win the starting job in his first season. Then what's the point of hoping that the Cowboys draft a QB in the first round if Dak moves on and things don't work out with Lance? Unless you only think the Cowboys should aim to draft a QB who is going to be sitting on the bench for a few years.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
In spite of Trey's 5 INT's, I still liked what I saw overall. He was more decisive today, had better accuracy. And still had zip on the ball, but not fast balling it.

His INT's.
2 were very good defensive plays. Did the WR screwup? Don't know. We seen Dak get picked quite often from these type of plays. And in big moments of games. With starters.
2 were just poor decisions. We seen Dak do that many of times as well. And in big games. With starters.
The last one, poor throw, forced due to running out of time. He will learn from that. Can't recall Dak having one like that, but I am sure there are similar plays.

Somewhat disappointed but yet encouraged also. I have no issues with this in a preseason game. As he did some very good things.
We seen his athletic ability on that TD run. And Dak can't do that. They need to have some packages in play to take advantage of that.
Excuses, excuses, excuses. You never made these excuses for Dak. But for your pet cat, here come the excuses. Then to compare your pet cat's 5 interceptions in a single game to Dak's career interceptions is beyond the pale. Talk about desperateness to the max. Hilarious since Dak hardly throws interceptions. Dak only threw 9 interceptions all of last season (17 game season), yet your pet cat threw 5...count them...5 interceptions in a single preseason game against 3rd and 4th string scrubs. But let's make it comparable to Dak?

Hilarious and desperate.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Good question.

How about you have the courage to let Dak go and start Lance?

What do we gain? A super bowl? Hardly!

What do we lose? A super bowl? Nope!

Teams move on and just start QB's. They don't have to go through this MASSIVE PR stunt "try outs" bullship to do it. They start and do it or can't.

I hate jerry for putting both Dak,,and MAINLY Lance...through this BS.
Trance is not a QB. He is still an athlete with potential to be a QB. That is why SF punted.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Excuses, excuses, excuses. You never made these excuses for Dak. But for your pet cat, here come the excuses. Then to compare your pet cat's 5 interceptions in a single game to Dak's career interceptions is beyond the pale. Talk about desperateness to the max. Hilarious since Dak hardly throws interceptions. Dak only threw 9 interceptions all of last season (17 game season), yet your pet cat threw 5...count them...5 interceptions in a single preseason game against 3rd and 4th string scrubs. But let's make it comparable to Dak?

Hilarious and desperate.
You might be the guy that SAID...or supported " Dak threw that interception because MM told him too" .

I actually think YOU said it.

So don;t lecture other people about excuses..mkay? Hypocrite.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My sources for the Niners giving up on him and trading him for a 4th, and bringing in Sam Darnold who beat him out???
No...not those "sources".

The San Francisco sources that SAID "He's not an NFL QB"...you know...like YOU said they said.

Now what...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Correct. Flush him and turn the page...

Screenshot-20240825-162801-Bleacher-Report.jpg

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You might be the guy that SAID...or supported " Dak threw that interception because MM told him too" .

I actually think YOU said it.

So don;t lecture other people about excuses..mkay? Hypocrite.
Right on cue...Making up more false accusations in your warped mental state.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good question.

How about you have the courage to let Dak go and start Lance?

What do we gain? A super bowl? Hardly!

What do we lose? A super bowl? Nope!

Teams move on and just start QB's. They don't have to go through this MASSIVE PR stunt "try outs" bullship to do it. They start and do it or can't.

I hate jerry for putting both Dak,,and MAINLY Lance...through this BS.
Here’s another golden moment thanks to CZ. :lmao:

Chasing6

Reaction score
No...not those "sources".

The San Francisco sources that SAID "He's not an NFL QB"...you know...like YOU said they said.

Now what...
Well do you think they are going to say that while they are trying to trade him for the most value they can get???

It is pretty obvious they are saying it with in the trade itself. Why not keep him as the back up QB, especially when the Niners paid almost $4M more than what Trance would have cost last year?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They do actually. They do it though preseason play and then regular season play in their first season. If they do a consistent enough job with throwing the ball and showing that they can improve in all of the important areas a QB needs to improve upon to have a long termed career as a starter in the NFL. Then they keep their job for the foreseeable future. If they don't. They eventually lose their jobs as a starter. And either become backups QBs or journey men type of QBs going around to different NFL teams every season. The biggest busts find themselves soon not even having a career in the NFL.

If you don't think that a rookie QB can show enough promise to win the starting job in his first season. Then what's the point of hoping that the Cowboys draft a QB in the first round if Dak moves on and things don't work out with Lance? Unless you only think the Cowboys should aim to draft a QB who is going to be sitting on the bench for a few years.

So who went up against Rogers? Wilson? Stafford Smith Cousins.

Come on dude. ALL THESE GUYS GOT MOVED....without 2-3 seaosn of YOU BETTER PROVE IT!

Rogers did sit as a backup for his team...and I had to FIGHT for THAT notion from DDS people.

It looks like we might actually agree more than disagree. Prove yourself as an NFL Qb or bust out. We've left Dak without a 2025 contract and Lance not being able to prove himself either way.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So who went up against Rogers? Wilson? Stafford Smith Cousins.

Come on dude. ALL THESE GUYS GOT MOVED....without 2-3 seaosn of YOU BETTER PROVE IT!

Rogers did sit as a backup for his team...and I had to FIGHT for THAT notion from DDS people.

It looks like we might actually agree more than disagree. Prove yourself as an NFL Qb or bust out. We've left Dak without a 2025 contract and Lance not being able to prove himself either way.
All those QB's played in HS and in College.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well do you think they are going to say that while they are trying to trade him for the most value they can get???

It is pretty obvious they are saying it with in the trade itself. Why not keep him as the back up QB, especially when the Niners paid almost $4M more than what Trance would have cost last year?
don;t think I am going to say ANYTHING until they actually do something,.

I am a "show me" guy...unlike YOU..who thinks he knows everything. I have noticed you have made more options for yourself lately. You are working hard on "told ya so" options.

A few weeks ago nobody would want Lance....not you are entertaining the options a team MIGHT trade for him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
don;t think I am going to say ANYTHING until they actually do something,.

I am a "show me" guy...unlike YOU..who thinks he knows everything. I have noticed you have made more options for yourself lately. You are working hard on "told ya so" options.

A few weeks ago nobody would want Lance....not you are entertaining the options a team MIGHT trade for him.
I never said anyone would trade for Trance.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Hilarious and desperate.
Do you understand the difference between "excuses" for someone that has had almost no experience, and is not expected to start, but there is hope that they can learn and grow, and excuses for someone who has been a starter for 8 years?

Guess which one you do?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How does a rookie QB show he had "done enough"...in the NFL...to start? They DO NOT!

YOu are lead astray with that thinking.

They start and they either do...or do not.

They get their shot and are NEVER>..EVER...vetted as hard as Lance is now.

EVER/
Oh please stop with the crying. Every Cowboys QB is scrutinized probably more than any QB on any team. Cowboys gave Lance a ton of reps in the preseason. He’s obviously not ready but he’s showing improvement.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Do you understand the difference between "excuses" for someone that has had almost no experience, and is not expected to start, but there is hope that they can learn and grow, and excuses for someone who has been a starter for 8 years?

Guess which one you do?
How does some one learn and grow when they lack experience and will continue to get no experience sitting on the bench???