Trey Lance keeps missing his mark

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trey Lance keeps missing his targets.

Early today this happened.

It's easy to praise the DB with a pass break-up when your QB keeps throwing the football way behind his receiver.

SMH

Against the Raiders this past weekend, Trey Lance played much better than he did against the Rams the previous week (I won't show clips on that Rams game in order not to pile on Trey Lance). He made a lot of good plays with his arm and feet. But...he still misses his mark badly on a lot of throws which should be much easier to make for a 4th year NFL QB...

Lastly, we can see how badly Lance was in practice with no pressure 4 years ago with the 49ers. Badly missing his target.

It's year 4 and one has to wonder how much longer will it take for Trey Lance to become more consistent at hitting his targets (receivers) in stride or in between the numbers?

So you haven't found any...none?....of trey hitting his mark.

Only dak and coop (oddly enough a qb you have roasted in the past)....hitting his mark or throwing dimes?
Huh....how about that.

rambo2

Reaction score
Trey Lance keeps missing his targets.

Early today this happened.

It's easy to praise the DB with a pass break-up when your QB keeps throwing the football way behind his receiver.

SMH

Against the Raiders this past weekend, Trey Lance played much better than he did against the Rams the previous week (I won't show clips on that Rams game in order not to pile on Trey Lance). He made a lot of good plays with his arm and feet. But...he still misses his mark badly on a lot of throws which should be much easier to make for a 4th year NFL QB...

Lastly, we can see how badly Lance was in practice with no pressure 4 years ago with the 49ers. Badly missing his target.

It's year 4 and one has to wonder how much longer will it take for Trey Lance to become more consistent at hitting his targets (receivers) in stride or in between the numbers?

His strength is his running ability.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
no, he'd just blame the receivers and then post some video from some you tuber to "prove" it.
Posting video from whomever it comes from is actual proof where one can see what happened, unlike some of you who just like to spew nonsense and false accusations WITHOUT PROVIDING FILM EVIDENCE to back it up.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If we're being fair, this is on par with the Dak threw an INT stuff from last year. Neither mean or meant anything. It's practice.
True, but you don't see Dak or Cooper throwing way behind or over their receivers so much. Yes, maybe once or twice, but Trey Lance tends to do it often. Year 4 as an NFL QB and still can't consistently be on target.

rambo2

Reaction score
True, but you don't see Dak or Cooper throwing way behind or over their receivers so much. Yes, maybe once or twice, but Trey Lance tends to do it often. Year 4 as an NFL QB and still can't consistently be on target.
Who cares? Like I said his strength is his athletic ability and running with the ball.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
BTW, I’d like to see the other 3 pass breakups. Nowhere in that statement does it indicate the only victim of Eric Scott’s pass breakups was Trey Lance. For all we know, the other 3 could have been Dak, who is standing right behind Lance on that Dak-like throw…
I watched the video twice to make sure it wasnt dak in the video lol

Chasing6

Reaction score

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He made the final 53; I'm sure he will have his timing down pat soon.
He only made the final 53 because coach Jerry Jones gave him a free pass. He's just not an accurate passer so I expect nothing from this guy.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
I know only a few qbs that could complete that pass with that wr and his horrible route and effort.

jujoboys

Reaction score
You guys are really wasting your time arguing over Lance and Dak. The QB1 for 2024 will be Dak Prescott. The QB1 for 2025 will be Dak Prescott or a QB not on the current roster. If Lance was so good they would have announced that he has over taken Rush for the backup job. We don't have a clear heir apparent to Dak at this point which is just pure incompetence on the part of the front office, especially if their plan is not to sign Dak to an extension.

pitt33

Reaction score
Alls that needs to be said is that there isn’t a quarterback on the Dallas Cowboys roster that is any good.

I can’t wait for the day when they get the overall 1st pick again and draft an actual franchise quarterback.

One that doesn’t throw behind receivers and chokes in the playoffs.

Simple as that sports fans.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Unfortunately QB's are paid to throw the ball.

Why pay CD if your QB can't throw the ball??
Lance's accuracy issues are even more concerning because the inaccurate passes are happening on short passes. It's not like he is missing throws 30 or 40 yards down the field (too scared to throw that far). He is having accuracy issues on 10 and 15 yard passes. These guys are so anxious to replace Dak that every QB that takes a snap for the Cowboys looks good enough to replace him. I am saying this as a fan that is OK with moving on from Dak. I just don't think the solution is on our current roster.

shabazz

Reaction score
Everyone here's obviously free to post opinions of all kinds......but defending Trey Lance because one doesn't believe in Dakota may be fools gold.

Be very selective on who you defend.....I don't see one qb on this team that I'd go to bat for.

Jerry has provided a starting qb who shrinks like a cheap shirt and 2 backups that don't even rank in the top 20 of anybodies list.

I'll wait for something better

jujoboys

Reaction score
Alls that needs to be said is that there isn’t a quarterback on the Dallas Cowboys roster that is any good.

I can’t wait for the day when they get the overall 1st pick again and draft an actual franchise quarterback.

One that doesn’t throw behind receivers and chokes in the playoffs.

Simple as that sports fans.
Same could be said for coaching. How many QBs in the league would win playoff games with Jason Garrett as the HC. Even Aaron Rodgers struggled at times winning with McCarthy as the HC and that was when McCarthy was a younger and better HC. The whole franchise is tainted because Jerry is in charge of every decision. It's been almost 30 years since the last Super Bowl and only a couple of guys have been around for that entire time (Jerry and Stephen). We can beat up on Dak, Romo, McCarthy, and Garrett all we want but in the end those guys were eventually chosen and put in place by Jerry and Stephen.