Trey Lance keeps missing his mark

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Trey Lance keeps missing his targets.

Early today this happened.

It's easy to praise the DB with a pass break-up when your QB keeps throwing the football way behind his receiver.

SMH

Against the Raiders this past weekend, Trey Lance played much better than he did against the Rams the previous week (I won't show clips on that Rams game in order not to pile on Trey Lance). He made a lot of good plays with his arm and feet. But...he still misses his mark badly on a lot of throws which should be much easier to make for a 4th year NFL QB...

Lastly, we can see how badly Lance was in practice with no pressure 4 years ago with the 49ers. Badly missing his target.

It's year 4 and one has to wonder how much longer will it take for Trey Lance to become more consistent at hitting his targets (receivers) in stride or in between the numbers?

His footwork is odd. He doesn’t step into throws, he kind of stops his hips from rotating and just stands straight up.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
No. Trance has an accuracy problem and is afraid to throw the ball unless the player is wide open.
He may have, but what does that have to with the op obsession with searching you tube for videos to pump up Rush while belittling Trey all in his support of Dak.

He’s putting in more effort than Daks agent at this point.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He may have, but what does that have to with the op obsession with searching you tube for videos to pump up Rush while belittling Trey all in his support of Dak.

Seems like he is trying to prove a point that Rush is better than Trance at this time. Jerry will try and prove his trade was correct, even if it wasn't.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Seems like he is trying to prove a point that Rush is better than Trance at this time. Jerry will try and prove his trade was correct, even if it wasn't.
He's bashed Rush relentlessly in the past

He wants Rush as the #2 because he thinks that eliminates any call to move on from Dakota

He went from hard core condemnation of Rush for 3 solid years to acting like he's a viable alternative.

He's a damnable hypocrite whose only concern is protecting Dak from any potential pressure or controversy and he'll flip flop at the drop of a hat to push that agenda. Hard stop

Chasing6

Reaction score
He's bashed Rush relentlessly in the past

He wants Rush as the #2 because he thinks that eliminates any call to move on from Dakota

He went from hard core condemnation of Rush for 3 solid years to acting like he's a viable alternative.

He's a damnable hypocrite whose only concern is protecting Dak from any potential pressure or controversy and he'll flip flop at the drop of a hat to push that agenda. Hard stop
We have no backup QB that is a threat to Dak. If Dak leaves we will be looking for his replacement or intentionally tanking for higher draft picks with Trance.

Jerry thought spending $5.3M on Trance was some how going to save him more $ during negotiations with Dak.

Oops, that was a mistake. GM Jethro is really bad at reading tea leaves.

HungryLion

Reaction score
What's really funny is that the Cowboys have one of the better teams in the league.
Most people, myself included aren’t going to believe it. Certainly aren’t going to trust there will be any playoff success until we see it. And for good reason.

rambo2

Reaction score
Most people, myself included aren’t going to believe it. Certainly aren’t going to trust there will be any playoff success until we see it. And for good reason.
Lol, that's ridiculous.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Lol. Pathetic. If I was being biased and truly targeting Lance, I would post 15+ poorly and inaccurately thrown passes during this preseason ALONE.

If Cooper Rush was out throwing so inaccurate, I would do the same to him.

You just (like other pro-Lancers) can't handle what everyone is seeing is still a problem with this 4 year old NFL QB: his accuracy at times, especially on throws inside 15 yards which should be the easiest at this point.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
We have no backup QB that is a threat to Dak. If Dak leaves we will be looking for his replacement or intentionally tanking for higher draft picks with Trance.

Jerry thought spending $5.3M on Trance was some how going to save him more $ during negotiations with Dak.

Oops, that was a mistake. GM Jethro is really bad at reading tea leaves.
I agree with you Lance probably isn't the guy. You'll also not find me defending Jerry

That said, the reality is Jerry is prone to do crazy stuff and Jerry is fond of Lance

If Lance is the #2 there's always the possibility of a QB drama pushed by Jerry if Dak has a bit of a slump and OP knows that.

There's no possibility of any such drama if Rush is the backup and OP knows that too

OP isn't pro Rush by any stretch. He's eviscerated Rush on this forum for years.

OP is however charter member of the Dak Davidian compound. That's why he's pushing Rush right now. Jerry is not infatuated with Rush. Jerry is infatuated with Lance. No more complicated than that

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I agree with you Lance probably isn't the guy. You'll also not find me defending Jerry

That said, the reality is Jerry is prone to do crazy stuff and Jerry is fond of Lance

If Lance is the #2 there's always the possibility of a QB drama pushed by Jerry if Dak has a bit of a slump and OP knows that.

There's no possibility of any such drama if Rush is the backup and OP knows that too

OP isn't pro Rush by any stretch. He's eviscerated Rush on this forum for years.

OP is however charter member of the Dak Davidian compound. That's why he's pushing Rush right now. Jerry is not infatuated with Rush. Jerry is infatuated with Lance. No more complicated than that
Lol. So desperate and beyond pathetic. Not surprising coming from this poster. Lance is no threat to Dak. Not even close.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Poor throw yes but the route was almost as bad. Very lazy in and out of the break.
It looks to me like the receiver was going to settle into a spot and then continued outside. Lance threw it to the spot where it looked like the receiver was going to settle.

Now, I don't know if that's the case, but sometimes we think a pass is bad when we don't know what the route was supposed to be.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Lol. So desperate and beyond pathetic. Not surprising coming from this poster. Lance is no threat to Dak. Not even close.
Doesn't matter what you and I think

Only matters what Jerry thinks

Obviously you're somewhat concerned since you're spending so much time bashing a guy who's "not a threat" to Dakota

If you didn't think Lance was some sort of threat to your pet he'd be off your radar

Imagine being paranoid enough to create a front page thread highlighting the struggles of a guy you dont think is qualified to QB3

Laughable.