Trey Lance still working

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Everybody laughs it off, but what if Lance was traded for just in case Dak decides to be a dick about his contract?

If Dak says "I want $60 million a year on a 5 yr extension with 80% of the contract guaranteed and not 1 single penny less.

Thats $240 million of $300 million totally guaranteed for a QB that dam near loses to every team above .500 he plays.

If you are Jerry, you signing that contract?
he can ask for anything. in fact he can ask for a 500M 10 year contract. its up to jerry to agree ot not.

btw, lance ain't all that. its not about the dollars. its about the team and how we play.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The choker would have lost the receiver once the ball was handed to him. sad but true.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have said previously that Dak could possibly win a SB if absolutely EVERYTHING goes right around him.

However, after watching him regress even further in this year play off disgrace.. I don't hold that belief any more. I truly think you could put Dak on a roster with 20+ All Pros and he would still not be able to achieve success.

I really think people need to rewatch the game (if you can stomach it). The D did give up a TD.. yep. And then Dak couldn't make a throw. The D then got a stop. And Dak gave up a near TD on the interception. The D then gives up an unlucky TD after some poor penalties. Dak then gives up a pick 6. Game Over.

We literally.. literally.. would have been better off.. if we had just wild cat to Pollard. At least then it would have been 13-0 not 27-0. I just don't know how to explain it.. Dak wasn't being asked to win the game 'by himself'.. he was just being asked (on the highest salary of the entire team) to not lose the game by himself. And he couldn't even achieve that.

Dak couldn't get the ball to CeeDee, Cooks, Gallup, Ferg, Pollard or Tolbert. Look at who Love had to try and feed the ball too.. guys in the first season, guys with under 10 games starting.. and he made it work. And not all of those throws were open.. Love kept drives alive with some really nice play, great play action, good presnap movement and reads.. just good QB play. In his first playoff game.

I mean how many times can Dak stink before we accept that he can't do it.. not with a balanced team.. not with a talented team.. Dak just literally does not have the skill set to win a championship. Does not have it. He will NEVER win against top opposition on a consistent basis.. he is scared, he is a mental midget, he has a woeful arm, his accuracy is poor, his footwork is poor and he is prone to panicked throws into coverage. There are no redeeming qualities in this QB.. any other team would have kicked him to the curb a long long long time ago. He is a fraud.
what love did is a failure of our defense. zero sacks. minimal pressure. couldn't stop the run. we played different defense than we played all year. why? he had all the time in the world and their play designs neutralized our defensive pass rush. on the other hand, our offensive game plan sucked. Dak played bad. WRs played bad. McCarthy called an awful game. very predictable. and out great OL couldn't stop the no name pass rush of the packers.

this was not just a Dak failure. it was failure of an entire organization. if you are a top 5 defense, you don't give up 41 points to an slightly above average offense. no excuses. you don't go zero sacks. your best defensive player had the worst game of the season.

total and absolute failure across the board. all of them.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I didn’t want the current Dak contract, you should only pay Mahomes type QBs, guys who can change the game themselves that type of money. Good QBs won’t do it, and having so much money invested in a good QB means the rest of the team will struggle as there isn’t enough $ around to stock the positions to cover the QB flaws.

Jerry will probably extend Dak and doom the team for the next 7 or so years, but I truly hope they trade Dak (I know a long shot) or just pay him this next season with no extension and take the one year hit, while moving Lance up to #2 and seeing more of him.

My assumption is the Cowboys already know what they have in Lance, he has been out there at practice and (hopefully) has some real skill which may impact the Dak decision.

My big concern is all the fluff comments Big Mike made about Dak which leads me to think a crazy contract for Dak is coming and the team really will be in trouble for years.
there is only at most 3 elite QBs in the league. in the meantime there are 15 (or is it 16 now) QBS that make 30M or more. there are 12 that make 40M or more. thats the NFL QB market. has nothing to do with rhyme or reason or what you think is a fair salary for a QB.

and btw, I keep hearing this there isn't enough money. last year we had 20M left on the cap, that includes the dead cap money we incurred when we traded Cooper for peanuts. this year we started in preseason with 25M in cap space available. we still paid Diggs and were negotiating with Lamb.

so who would you sign if we had cap space? we had cap space and we really didn't sign anyone. why?

cap can be easily manipulated to reduce annual cap hit and push money down the line. every team does it. its the way the NFL manipulates the cap and at some point, every team pays the piper and you go through couple of down years for rebuliding.

p.s

I don't see much in Lance. he has to really dominate in preseason next year and yank backup position from Rush. he couldn't do that this year, which tells us a lot. he is nothing but a project. they hope he can be and he is got a long learning curve. he needs a lot of game time to learn, as his starting and playing experience is limited. you can do all you want in practice, until real bullets start flying. that's where he failed misreably

Philmonroe

Reaction score
there is only at most 3 elite QBs in the league. in the meantime there are 15 (or is it 16 now) QBS that make 30M or more. there are 12 that make 40M or more. thats the NFL QB market. has nothing to do with rhyme or reason or what you think is a fair salary for a QB.

and btw, I keep hearing this there isn't enough money. last year we had 20M left on the cap, that includes the dead cap money we incurred when we traded Cooper for peanuts. this year we started in preseason with 25M in cap space available. we still paid Diggs and were negotiating with Lamb.

so who would you sign if we had cap space? we had cap space and we really didn't sign anyone. why?

cap can be easily manipulated to reduce annual cap hit and push money down the line. every team does it. its the way the NFL manipulates the cap and at some point, every team pays the piper and you go through couple of down years for rebuliding.

p.s

I don't see much in Lance. he has to really dominate in preseason next year and yank backup position from Rush. he couldn't do that this year, which tells us a lot. he is nothing but a project. they hope he can be and he is got a long learning curve. he needs a lot of game time to learn, as his starting and playing experience is limited. you can do all you want in practice, until real bullets start flying. that's where he failed misreably
Just say you’re scared of change and keep it moving. No need for all that typing just to say I’m scared and that’s how I live my life offline too.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just say you’re scared of change and keep it moving. No need for all that typing just to say I’m scared and that’s how I live my life offline too.
I am not scard of change. change is absolutely necessary. but replacing bad with worse is not the right change. some people want change for the sake of change, knowing things get worse without a plan to make it better. that's called stupidity.

interesting that you tried to connect real life, with a game of entertainement. not sure what your angle was/is. but find it fascinating to try and personalize it.

p.s.
you failed.

khiladi

Reaction score
If a guys ceiling is losing in the wild card round.. then things can't get much worse.

We need to go and find our QB.
This isn’t the 90s where the DB rules were such that the elite QBs were far and few in between. This is an era where Goff and Mayfield changed teams and are competing right away. That is not happening in the 90s and prior.

Purdy is once again in the NFC Conference finals and this time he’s not injured. None of these guys are anywhere near elite by the 90s standards and couldn’t survive at all in the 90s. They prove that finding a QB is actually pretty easy relative to the past.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Purdy is once again in the NFC Conference finals and this time he’s not injured. None of these guys are anywhere near elite by the 90s standards and couldn’t survive at all in the 90s. They prove that finding a QB is actually pretty easy relative to the past.
If you put in the effort.

Mannix

Reaction score
The fact that Dak is about to become the highest paid player in NFL history while being a loser of epic proportions should have every mediocre QB putting in work.
It has me looking for my old Len Dawson jersey…circa 1971…and airing up my official NFL football with the great Pete Rozelle’s name on it.

Big_D

Reaction score
It has me looking for my old Len Dawson jersey…circa 1971…and airing up my official NFL football with the great Pete Rozelle’s name on it.
Did the Dawson jersey come with a pack of smokes? Back when men were men!

Xeven

Reaction score
If Trey was the answer he would be out there already. He is not. Just another experiment.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Lets say for arguments sake one of the reasons sake, one of the reason MM was retained is to continue to develop Lance. After a whole season they have no clue what they have? It's a shame he never even got mop up duty.
Emergency QB can’t play unless other 2 are injured.

Rayman70

Reaction score
crank up the offseason propaganda/hype vids. I want Trey to be a find for us, but truth is, we have never seen it. He is like the white buffalo of legend. You hear about it but eludes us year after year.