Twitter: Trey Lance trade was an abomination

Zordon

Reaction score
Did not say what you are claiming ......

So I provide you a video of a podcast literally being taped in The Star by three reporters who cover the team, two very closely, who go on record that they do not hear anything good about Trey Lance behind the scenes from coaches/staff unlike the whispers they heard about Romo/Dak in their early years and you totally discount it? What exactly is your read of what they said in that clip?

That is not a report from someone who watched lance in practice. They did not say he was bad in practice.

Where did I say Lance was bad in practice? Re-read the op.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
It doesn’t exist. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

The Cowboys have kept quiet on how Lance is progressing until recently when Stephen Jones made a “nothing to write home about” positive comment about it. A thread here mentioned it.

Dunno why this is a big deal. Out of all the QBs listed Lance has the biggest upside. Also, a 4th round pick is pittance compared to what the 49ers gave up, but no one keeps berating them about it.

Where is the evidence that he is still the 3rd QB? Training camp hasn't even started. Some of you are just negative for the sake of being negative.
This guy is saying that after 5 months on a new team that Lance was supposed to be in the know more than Rush who has been here for years and knows the O scheme. Dude is clueless, don’t worry about him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You didn't like it because it made you feel sad for Dak.
Not even. More like sad and frustrated for the team. Look where we're at now because of such a dumb and unnecessary trade, especially after realizing the Cowboys would have to pay Trance $5 million to remain on the roster but on the sidelines for all of 2024 and be paid $23 million if his 5th year option was exercised (which Jerry recently said they wouldn't, thus meaning Trance is most likely going to neglect any backup role job when instead he will look for a starting opportunity with much higher pay elsewhere). Just plain dumb move all the way around.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How many 4th round picks become starters on average? Serious question. Is it a number > 20%?

I heard it was less than like 10 out of 100 become NFL starters. If true giving up a 4th is not the end of the world..
WE NEED LINEMEN!!!

WE NEED LINEBACKERS!!!

WE NEED RBs!!!

WE NEED DTs!!!

WE NEED WRs!!!

NOT ENOUGH DRAFT PICKS AVAILABLE THANKS TO JERRY's TERRIBLE TRADES!!!

Get it???

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They still played in multiple super bowls and do everything they can in the offseason to improve their team. Brilliant? No. You said that, but in comparison to this team that they owned for years now, they are.
Ok...fine. but why zero criticism of the cost of that pick?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not even. More like sad and frustrated for the team. Look where we're at now because of such a dumb and unnecessary trade, especially after realizing the Cowboys would have to pay Trance $5 million to remain on the roster but on the sidelines for all of 2024 and be paid $23 million if his 5th year option was exercised (which Jerry recently said they wouldn't, thus meaning Trance is most likely going to neglect any backup role job when instead he will look for a starting opportunity with much higher pay elsewhere). Just plain dumb move all the way around.
In the scheme of dumb moves the lance trade barely registers.
Dak no trade clause is 7 on the richter scale.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
QB IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION IN FOOTBALL!!

Obviously you don't get it and NEVER will. Lance was low cost potential high reward. End of story.
Trance SUCKS!! Was said by 49ers staff to be a BUST!!

You clearly like and prefer sucky busts for QB for the Dallas Cowboys. You're like Jerry. Don't know how to pick good QBs. End of story.

Qcard

Reaction score
DC.com : Media Mash, 1/16/24.
26:22 min mark (timestamped)

:hammer::hammer::hammer:This is a scholarly level post.!!!

Zordon is in the Drake Bag 20 vs 1 :clap:

The Streets aren’t talking about Trey Lance…why….That whack Zach Wilson and Carson Wentz energy from Trey Lance nobody cares you were a 1st rd pick!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Strykerscm

Reaction score
Jerry truly thought that he could trade for a foreseeable replacement to Dak and that would encourage him to not only play for his life, but trick him into thinking he should sign a lesser deal quickly.

If it was just Dak, I think that would work as he has a very low iq and lacks common sense reasoning skills. But Dak has an agent, and an entire team in his ear on exactly what Jerry was trying to do and anyone with a brain knew this as well.

Jerry thought he was the smartest in the room and it didn’t work and now we are without a pick and our below average brain qb is even more empowered than he was.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QB IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION IN FOOTBALL!!

Obviously you don't get it and NEVER will. Lance was low cost potential high reward. End of story.
He has to coddle his boy even if it means rooting against another cowboy.

stiletto

Reaction score
Trance SUCKS!! Was said by 49ers staff to be a BUST!!

You clearly like and prefer sucky busts for QB for the Dallas Cowboys. You're like Jerry. Don't know how to pick good QBs. End of story.
WRONG. I don't like mediocre overpaid QBs who have had an eternity to get over their big game jitters and who consistently pee down their leg against good opponents.

I never said I like Trey Lance but he is a young guy who still has time to develop (unlike Dak) and he may or he may not.

It was a low cost look-see. Acting like we are missing out on a future HOF'er with that 4th round pick is well, "short bus" logic, to put it mildly.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Are we really whining about "3rd Round talent that might drop to the 4th" Like we're going to find some world beater that everyone else passed on? It's done. Let's see how this goes first.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
WRONG. I don't like mediocre overpaid QBs who have had an eternity to get over their big game jitters and who consistently pee down their leg against good opponents.

I never said I like Trey Lance but he is a young guy who still has time to develop (unlike Dak) and he may or he may not.

It was a low cost look-see. Acting like we are missing out on a future HOF'er with that 4th round pick is well, "short bus" logic, to put it mildly.
Just you claiming that Dak is mediocre proves how you don't know what you're talking about.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry truly thought that he could trade for a foreseeable replacement to Dak and that would encourage him to not only play for his life, but trick him into thinking he should sign a lesser deal quickly.

If it was just Dak, I think that would work as he has a very low iq and lacks common sense reasoning skills. But Dak has an agent, and an entire team in his ear on exactly what Jerry was trying to do and anyone with a brain knew this as well.

Jerry thought he was the smartest in the room and it didn’t work and now we are without a pick and our below average brain qb is even more empowered than he was.
I love people making up fictional stories....very entertaining.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
They went all in last year

Cooks Gilmore and Lance

Mazi and Vander Esche were supposed to stuff the run. Both were injured

Schoonmaker was going to team up with Martin and Steele on the right side and blow open some big running lanes. Steele and Schoonmaker were injured.

Diggs Gilmore and Bland were going to shut down the passing games. Diggs was injured

Overshown was to breathe new life into the line backing core. He was injured.

Lamb. Cooks and Gallup were to light it up. Gallup was a shell of himself.

Even brought in a backup in case Dak missed time

Was a decent plan. Didn’t work.
Adding 2 good players in the trade/FA market is a normal offseason for 95% of the league. If that's "all-in" they need to be "all-in" every year.