Twitter: Trey Lance trade was an abomination

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We paid the most for the QB who has done the least from that ‘21 draft.

Lance has reportedly shown little to nothing in practice so far in his time in Dallas.

We won’t have a 4th round pick in a draft where gurus are saying there will be plenty of 3rd round grades available in the 4th rd.

To put a cherry on top, we’re probably going to end up losing Lance for nothing after this season.

Shambolic front office.

We shall soon see.

#Lance2024

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That team has played in multiple super bowls while this one looks lost with a slew of holes to fill. But hey.. nice job Cowboys!
What did "that team" give up for the alleged failure? Who lost out the most? The team you say are brilliant?

Zordon

Reaction score
Not that I’m disagreeing with you but when/where was it reported Lance has shown nothing in practice? Any links available?
It doesn’t exist. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

The Cowboys have kept quiet on how Lance is progressing until recently when Stephen Jones made a “nothing to write home about” positive comment about it. A thread here mentioned it.

Dunno why this is a big deal. Out of all the QBs listed Lance has the biggest upside. Also, a 4th round pick is pittance compared to what the 49ers gave up, but no one keeps berating them about it.
It hasn’t been reported,
I'd like to see and read those reports. Because throwing that out there means nothing without some context.
Right. Thats why i dont get people arrogant enough to claim his doom. Theres nothing either way, but i remain hopeful something comes of it.

DC.com : Media Mash, 1/16/24.
26:22 min mark (timestamped)

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Bro you completely hit the nail on the head here with one simple word....TRY! Honestly I would rather Jerry/Stephen completely fail and this team win 6 games next year as long as they are legitimately trying. I can root for trying....I can support even the biggest of buffoons giving it their all.

This continued plan of going with the path of least resistance, just stay around the rim type of approach that leads to the same results year after year has run its course. For that reason alone I don't hate the Lance deal. Now a good chunk of other moves made over the last year, or lack of is another discussion.
If trading a 4th round pick for a QB from an FCS level school where he played very few games and played even less in the NFL equals “legitimately trying” that’s a concern.

Big_D

Reaction score
What did "that team" give up for the alleged failure? Who lost out the most? The team you say are brilliant?
They still played in multiple super bowls and do everything they can in the offseason to improve their team. Brilliant? No. You said that, but in comparison to this team that they owned for years now, they are.

Steve007

Reaction score
We paid the most for the QB who has done the least from that ‘21 draft.

Lance has reportedly shown little to nothing in practice so far in his time in Dallas.

We won’t have a 4th round pick in a draft where gurus are saying there will be plenty of 3rd round grades available in the 4th rd.

To put a cherry on top, we’re probably going to end up losing Lance for nothing after this season.

Shambolic front office.

How do you know how lance is doing in practice? I haven't seen any reports that he doesn't look good in practice.

Creeper

Reaction score
Don't worry, when Jerry trades him he will get a conditional 7th round pick for him.

mfiggs18

Reaction score
I've been thinking and they were banking on Prescott getting injured like the previous seasons and inserting lance into the lineup if Rush had consecutive bad games to see if they could move on from Prescott.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The Jordan Love was an abomination at the GB Draft, until it was genius....these takes are ridiculous until the guy gets on the field for a defined period to see what he does/doesn't have.