Trey Lance Will Start And Play Entire Game Vs Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
He may be but KJJ has an excellent point also..everyone wants to see a "Rebuild" of sorts, but not many would tell me the GM is good at building a team...those 2 things dont add up...do i want Dak to stay..no not really, do i think the current GM can find and build around a better QB, well i have 28 years that tells me..no not really...
Jerry Jones is a babbling buffoon but he's going nowhere so what then, we keep Dak around until he's 50 because we're too afraid to move on and risk a failed rebuild? Thing is this team will probably never win a SB again with the dimwit family in charge, might as well roll the dice and hope they luck into a franchise QB. That's how I see it at least.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
If Trey plays great tomorrow and then we get shellacked by Cleveland and then Baltimore, the QB controversy may be in full swing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Trey plays great tomorrow and then we get shellacked by Cleveland and then Baltimore, the QB controversy may be in full swing.
Will Grier played great in the final preseason game last year and got cut so the Joneses aren’t going to put a lot of stock in that game. Jerry has already come out saying Trey Lance will be on the team. However, anyone who believes that if he looks great against a bunch of bubble players in the final preseason game it’s going to create a QB controversy if the team gets off to a rough start is kidding themselves. If the team gets off to a struggling start, I can only imagine how ugly it would be with Lance in the lineup. Some of you want Lance starting regardless if he’s any good.

Brax

Reaction score
I'll be there. I take my son, Witten to a pre-season game for his bday every year. I'm looking forward to creating a core memory, but not the game.
Have a great time and I hope your son loves it, he will treasure the memories

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He played with our backups against the Raiders starters in the first half and looked good.
Let there be no doubt, I hope they guy develops. I saw positives in game 1. Only watched 1st half of game 2 and to be honest, I wouldn't go as far as "good". But he was playing against starters. Apparently he played much better in the second half.

If a young QB is progressing, I think you need to put him with a solid cast (at least some of the time) to feed his confidence. Playing with a revolving hodge podge of players is tough for any QB.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let there be no doubt, I hope they guy develops. I saw positives in game 1. Only watched 1st half of game 2 and to be honest, I wouldn't go as far as "good". But he was playing against starters. Apparently he played much better in the second half.

If a young QB is progressing, I think you need to put him with a solid cast (at least some of the time) to feed his confidence. Playing with a revolving hodge podge of players is tough for any QB.
Looked as good as can be expected when playing with a JV team vs. Varsity. Honestly, I wish they'd do the same with Dak in the first half of the next game and see how he looks with the same cast

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

He wasn’t very good in the first preseason game, but he played much better in the second half of the second one. In the first half last week he started off shaky missing some easy routine throws but started finding a rhythm in the second half. He needs to start taking more chances down the field. He throws a lot of passes out in the flat and underneath. He needs to stretch the field more. He has some running skills, but he has to improve as a passer.

Sydla

Reaction score
Kind of rooting for him to light it up. Dak remains to be unsigned. Jerry lies awake at night wondering what to do.

The entertainment potential of the next few weeks would be epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.