Trey Lance Will Start And Play Entire Game Vs Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hope you get well soon buddy.

Thankies. Looks like it's (following an immediate appointment today, and I've got another one Wednesday, and then a CT scan on 7 September) a combination of long COVID from 2020 and a nasty infection of some sort in my lungs that I've been dealing with for some time. Also, I may have the Rona (just got tested).

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Guy wants Dakky Poo to get paid, to break the bank in fact. Seeing the Cowboys compete for a SB is an afterthought.

That's all we hear about -- get your money Dak, make them pay, money money money. Makes me wonder if Todd France has an account here sometimes.
Oh, so only you and the.cult want the Cowboys to win. Anybody who.supports Dak doesn't. Some how they just want Dak to break the bank.

I am in the crowd that it's time for Dak and Cowboys to part ways. But even I thought your comment was utterly stupid

Bing

Reaction score
This next game is all about how high of a draft pick Jerry has to use on a QB next year. Everyone talking about Dak, it's simple unless Dak takes a hometown discount which I dont think he will Dak is gone so let's move on from him.

If Lance can show he can run this team he will be the starting QB next year. If he tanks then Jerry knows Lance is not the answer so he will have to use a high draft pick on a QB next year. This is nothing more then a planning for the future decision.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They should actually use a game plan to his strengths if he has any. Maybe a dumb team will offer up a pick for him.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
And, Dak is going to call the plays. Who knows what his intentions might be? He could actually make Lance look like crap if he wanted to.

So some on this board are still going to find a way to blame Dak if Lance doesn't look good is what you are saying?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If he falls flat and Rush gets QB2, he sits the entire year again? If he hits, Rush sits/gets traded? Should be an interesting couple of weeks waiting for Jerry to let the world know what his plan is
Jerry is "all in" on lance lol. Rush will be cut, and added back if no one grabs him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So some on this board are still going to find a way to blame Dak if Lance doesn't look good is what you are saying?
yeah that is a odd set up lol
for dak to call plays for lance lol.
I think dak wants to be a OC when his playing days are done. So he probably will do his best.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I think they’re really high on him because he’s been excellent during the regular season and again they have nothing behind him. He has a couple of playoff wins and it’s going to be hard to find a castoff available that has even one playoff win or even a playoff start. If anyone is done with anyone, it’s Dak being done with the Cowboys. I’m not sure he wants to remain with the team. I think he’s tired of the fan abuse and would like a fresh start somewhere else. If the Joneses were done with him, they wouldn’t be making the comments they have. Jerry was asked if he thought this would be Dak’s last year with the team and he said he didn’t believe it would be. Stephen said they’re negotiating with Dak but it’s going to be up to him. That’s exactly the situation, it’s going to be up to Dak whether he returns after this season. I firmly believe it will be his decision. He’s going to have a lot of options if he becomes a free agent.

Getting a fresh start some where else maybe the best thing for Dak. He could go to a solid team with a playoff ready roster. And him being gone would redirect the C pressure back on the Joneses, If the Cowboys are still in the same spot of continuing to fail in the playoffs years after Dak is gone, then it will prove him Jerry and Stephen are still a big part of the problem. And how much of they are still the main factor in the Cowboys failures no matter who is at QB.

The worst look for them is if Dak went somewhere else and advanced further in the playoffs before the Cowboys are able to advance further with a different QB. The best they can hope for is somehow finding a QB and roster good enough to be able to at least win the NFC within a 5 year period after Dak's departure. Past that just shows them having the same incompetence just with a different QB starting for the team.

shabazz

Reaction score
Lance will eventually be the guy, but it will take injury or absolutely horrid play for him to take over before next season.
Another scenario would be if we get mathematically eliminated at some point.

With other teams ascending and roster changes, it's possible.....perhaps probable.

Based on the schedule, a 2-5 start wouldn't shock me

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Jerry is "all in" on lance lol. Rush will be cut, and added back if no one grabs him.
yup, very much seems to be this. Jerry sees enough of the "Athletic" type QB's in the league having success and he has one under his nose, and seems to want to go great lengths to roll the dice on him. Time will tell

morat1959

Reaction score
Yup, it's called a rebuild. Every pro sports team has to go through that process at one point or another so who cares if he leaves. We've had enough of this middle of the pack mediocrity with zero playoff results and that's the only thing we'll ever get with Dak, time to suck it up and find a real franchise QB in the draft. I'd rather be bottom 5 for a decade than endure one more year of that garbage.
THIS!
Also Lance could be the solution, way too early to write him off.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Playing him entire game makes no sense unless they’re showcasing him which is ludicrous never get more then what you paid to get him . I’m thinking of the injury factor in a meaningless game

RonWashington

Reaction score
They played Will Grier extensively last year to showcase him for other teams to get interested . And he was picked up off waivers . In all seriousness is Lance light years better then Grier ?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If he falls flat and Rush gets QB2, he sits the entire year again? If he hits, Rush sits/gets traded? Should be an interesting couple of weeks waiting for Jerry to let the world know what his plan is
Rush gets traded to whom? And for what?

RonWashington

Reaction score
The most you get for Cooper Rush is a 7th round pick and that’s a desperate team .

Status
Not open for further replies.