Twitter: Trey Wingo said it best about Dak and any upcoming draft QBs

NotForLong

Reaction score
Tannehill had the best rating in the league, but threw half of the passes Dak did. Garoppolo's rating was 3 points higher and he threw over 100 fewer passes than Dak and 900 yards less.

Dak had the 4th highest QBR while throwing for the 2nd most yards in the league and 8.2 yards per pass. The year Romo and Rodgers were in competition for the MVP Romo had a slightly higher QBR but did it with the support of a better running game and threw far fewer passes. Rodgers obviously got all but one MVP vote I believe.

The offense went through Dak this year and to put up the numbers he did, with a bad shoulder the last several weeks, well I think it is hard to make the case that he isn't better than guys who aren't asked to throw that often.
Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Since 2010 Cam Newton and Andrew Luck were the only QBs selected in the top 5 of the NFL draft that became solid, consistent NFL QBs. However both had injury plagued careers that resulted in a lot of missed games. Sam Bradford was the #1 overall pick in 2010 and only won 34 games as a starter with no winning seasons or playoff appearances. Blake Bortles who went #3 overall in 2014 went bust. Jameis Winston went #1 overall in 2015 and it’s been feast or famine with him. He’s been benched a couple of times and has never led the Bucs to the playoffs. Marcus Mariota went #2 overall in that same draft and has been reduced to carrying a clipboard. Jared Goff went #1 overall in 2016. Although he led the Rams to the Super Bowl in 2018 he’s been inconsistent. Carson Wentz was drafted right after him at #2 and has had an up and down injury plagued career. Mitch Trubisky went #2 overall to the Bears in 2017 and has been inconsistent.

He was pulled from a game last season for ineffective play. Baker Mayfield was taken #1 overall by the Browns in 2018 and is yet another Browns QB on the road to going bust. Sam Darnold was taken third in that draft and has been an inconsistent INT machine. The jury is still out on Kyler Murray who is taken with the first overall pick last year. I can only come up with five “consistent” QBs that have been drafted since 2012, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Dak, Mahomes and Lamar Jackson based on their stats and W/L record. Dak is a proven commodity that’s gotten better every year. All you need to do is go through the history of the draft to see what a crapshoot it is coming up with a consistent NFL QB, especially one who’s durable. I don’t care how highly rated a college QB is there’s no guarantees their game will translate to the NFL.

It’s crazy that many want to move on from one of the better QBs that’s been drafted the past decade and roll the dice on a QB in the draft who’s not even the consensus #1 QB. You have Cowboy fans that want to give up a boatload of draft picks for the #1 one overall pick to have a shot at ending up with another Sam Bradford, Jameis Winston or Baker Mayfield. Your odds are a lot greater of ending up with one of those QBs than a Troy Aikman, John Elway or a Peyton Manning, especially in this draft where there’s debate on who the best QB is.

Last edited:

NotForLong

Reaction score
I think it's different with Dak and Zeke. I didn't want to give out that record long term deal for Zeke either and when the terms of that deal were announced, I was actually not too disappointed with how it was structured. That's actually not a horrible deal when I look at it. With Dak, it's kinda just the opposite. You don't want a short term deal because the idea around signing a QB to big money is stability. You don't really want a short term deal for a QB necessarily. You want stability at that position. Now that's what we might end up seeing but I get why the team wants a longer term deal. I mean lets face it. The more we watch players, the more it becomes apparent that the last year of a deal is nothing. Players are going to demand new deals a year before a contract is actually up and I see that as a new norm. So a three year deal is actually a two year deal etc. I don't want to be here in the same place in two years. That's bad for the team IMO. DLaw, I don't have a lot for that situation. Exactly what I was afraid of happened this year. To me this is not a what's fair for one is fair for the other type deal. To me, this is about learning from stupid mistakes and doing it better going forward. Will Jerry learn, I don't know but I do know this. Following a failed process is going to lead you to the same result IMO.

I'll never be for that.
One mistake Jerry learned from was Garrett. So maybe hes willing to change in other ways.

One thing that is not being made public are the conversations between Big Mike and Jerry.

If anyone believes Mike thinks like a Cowboy Fan Boy then they are mistaken.

Hes a new coach in the beginnings of building his team.

I believe all options are on the table.

This year is unique in all the options available. To dismiss any of those options claiming Dak is dominant in comparison is untruthful.

We can argue all we want but there is no way to fairly elvaluate them because all things are not equal. (Surrounding talent, scheduales, etc.)

I am not trying to totally dismiss the influence Jerry will play. All I am saying is the biggest supporter of Dak is gone.

Mike is not committed to Dak, if anything Mike is a sober unbiased Opinion. Which is a good thing. If Mike believes there is an option out there comparable to Dak. Someone Mike would be interested in working with.

I dont think it would take much to convince Jerry. Especially if theres a bounty of draft picks to be had

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
One mistake Jerry learned from was Garrett. So maybe hes willing to change in other ways.

One thing that is not being made public are the conversations between Big Mike and Jerry.

If anyone believes Mike thinks like a Cowboy Fan Boy then they are mistaken.

Hes a new coach in the beginnings of building his team.

I believe all options are on the table.

This year is unique in all the options available. To dismiss any of those options claiming Dak is dominant in comparison is untruthful.

We can argue all we want but there is no way to fairly elvaluate them because all things are not equal. (Surrounding talent, scheduales, etc.)

I am not trying to totally dismiss the influence Jerry will play. All I am saying is the biggest supporter of Dak is gone.

Mike is not committed to Dak, if anything Mike is a sober unbiased Opinion. Which is a good thing. If Mike believes there is an option out there comparable to Dak. Someone Mike would be interested in working with.

I dont think it would take much to convince Jerry. Especially if theres a bounty of draft picks to be had

I agree. The landscape has changed, in terms of past history. No way to tell how that might effect decisions made on either side.

garyo1954

Reaction score

I'd like to think all these things are true and that Jerry will change.

But I'm leaning to the idea that once the season starts Jerry switches hats. The lights come on, he is asked a question and he gives his 25 year Jerry Jones foot in mouth answer catching Big Mc by surprise in the same way he did all the other coaches before.

He'll paint Big Mc in the same corner he did Jason Garrett, the insane my way or the highway, which never works.

I'd like to be wrong, I hope I'm wrong. But I wouldn't bet on it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Since 2010 Cam Newton and Andrew Luck were the only QBs selected in the top 5 of the NFL draft that became solid, consistent NFL QBs. However both had injury plagued careers that resulted in a lot of missed games. Sam Bradford was the #1 overall pick in 2010 and only won 34 games as a starter with no winning seasons or playoff appearances. Blake Bortles who went #3 overall in 2014 went bust. Jameis Winston went #1 overall in 2015 and it’s been feast or famine with him. He’s been benched a couple of times and has never led the Bucs to the playoffs. Marcus Mariota went #2 overall in that same draft and has been reduced to carrying a clipboard. Jared Goff went #1 overall in 2016. Although he led the Rams to the Super Bowl in 2018 he’s been inconsistent. Carson Wentz was drafted right after him at #2 and has had an up and down injury plagued career. Mitch Trubisky went #2 overall to the Bears in 2017 and has been inconsistent.

He was pulled from a game last season for ineffective play. Baker Mayfield was taken #1 overall by the Browns in 2018 and is yet another Browns QB on the road to going bust. Sam Darnold was taken third in that draft and has been an inconsistent INT machine. The jury is still out on Kyler Murray who is taken with the first overall pick last year. I can only come up with five “consistent” QBs that have been drafted since 2012, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Dak, Mahomes and Lamar Jackson based on their stats and W/L record. Dak is a proven commodity that’s gotten better every year. All you need to do is go through the history of the draft to see what a crapshoot it is coming up with a consistent NFL QB, especially one who’s durable. I don’t care how highly rated a college QB is there’s no guarantees their game will translate to the NFL.

It’s crazy that many want to move on from one of the better QBs that’s been drafted the past decade and roll the dice on a QB in the draft who’s not even the consensus #1 QB. You have Cowboy fans that want to give up a boatload of draft picks for the #1 one overall pick to have a shot at ending up with another Sam Bradford, Jameis Winston or Baker Mayfield. Your odds are a lot greater of ending up with one of those QBs than a Troy Aikman, John Elway or a Peyton Manning, especially in this draft where there’s debate on who the best QB is.
Just miserable fans on a witch hunt. I have no idea why Prescott gets literal hatred. It's weird.

Section446

Reaction score
It's kind of sad when the best thing anyone says about Dak is that he's always healthy. Don't get me wrong, really important, but that has little to do with his actual ability.

Kaiser

Reaction score
It's kind of sad when the best thing anyone says about Dak is that he's always healthy. Don't get me wrong, really important, but that has little to do with his actual ability.

Yup. Except for his durability, leadership, QBR, running ability and putting up arguably the best rookie season by any QB in NFL history, Dak freaking sucks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just miserable fans on a witch hunt. I have no idea why Prescott gets literal hatred. It's weird.

Had we used a first round draft pick on him I don’t believe he would be getting the hatred he does. Fans would be a lot more patient and want to give him every chance because of his draft status. Many see him as just a fourth round pick and believe if we used a high pick on a QB we would be better off. I was posting on a board many years ago when the Cowboys drafted Quincy Carter.

As inconsistent as he was fans weren’t that quick to want to move on from him because we used our first pick in the draft on him. History has shown that very few QBs drafted in the top 10 pan out. Some of the greatest QBs to ever play the game were taken later in the first round, while many weren’t even drafted in the first round. If fans can’t see the steady improvement Dak has made the past four years they must be wearing blinders or don’t have a clue.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Had we used a first round draft pick on him I don’t believe he would be getting the hatred he does. Fans would be a lot more patient and want to give him every chance because of his draft status. Many see him as just a fourth round pick and believe if we used a high pick on a QB we would be better off. I was posting on a board many years ago when the Cowboys drafted Quincy Carter.

As inconsistent as he was fans weren’t that quick to want to move on from him because we used our first pick in the draft on him. History has shown that very few QBs drafted in the top 10 pan out. Some of the greatest QBs to ever play the game were taken later in the first round, while many weren’t even drafted in the first round. If fans can’t see the steady improvement Dak has made the past four years they must be wearing blinders or don’t have a clue.
Yeah maybe. And in their minds there's no way a 4th rounder should be paid past their liking. Ridiculous.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah maybe. And in their minds there's no way a 4th rounder should be paid past their liking. Ridiculous.

That’s another big part of it, they look at his draft status and don’t see him being worth a huge contract. He would be looked at a lot differently by the fan base had he been a high draft pick. His play has been a lot more consistent than some of the QBs that were taken at the top of the draft.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
lol what constitutes defenses respecting him?
???

Romo was the primary concern for defenses in 2014. When they started shifting towards the run later in the year, Romo had a historic December.

The run was the primary concern in 2016, and it was still just as, and even more, dominant.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
lol what constitutes defenses respecting him?
Not intercepting his passes. :lmao:

:facepalm:

Yes I’m aware, you’re always crying about it. Have some dignity and deal with issues yourself instead of crying to others about it. Crying is for kids.
It is a family forum!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Stop babbling nonsense talk football and give us your rock solid examples that the team did not quit on Garrett

How about an example like how he totally energized the Defense by trotting the kicker out early in the game to attempt a long fg that was missed and left them with a short field to defend

expound on how great that was for team moral . The special skill you need to develop is putting some facts down to support your opinion

You've got this backwards. You're the one that claims that you know AS FACT what 80% of the players were thinking. So I suggest that it's you who needs to get actual quotes from 80% of the players that indeed they quit on Garrett. Your example is, well, I think you're trying out some kind of stand up comedy routine. Ya and every time Prescott did not complete a 30 plus yard pass the defense just said Oh no here we go again. No wait, every time the defense missed a tackle the offense said were going to just do a 3 and out to show those lousy tacklers. Wait, all season long the special teams said were going to be really bad and neither the offense or defense will catch on that we're beating them at their game. Lay off the drugs.