Twitter: Trey Wingo said it best about Dak and any upcoming draft QBs

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yep. WRs were wide open and Dak couldn't hit them. The Eagles were playing cheerleaders in their secondary. Probably would have won the game with Moore in at QB.
Very good point! The Eagles had a terrible secondary and Prescott choked under the pressure. Amari and Gallup each had a drop but Prescott had numerous off target throws. These WRs have been making circus catches all season long so when Prescott finally throws it to them it's no wonder they drop it. I can still see that one play when Jarwin is wide open and has to scoop Prescotts pass off his shoe laces or the Colts game where Jarwin is wide open and Prescott sees him and throws the ball 10 yards short and Jarwin has no chance to catch it. Amari is wide open and standing there and Prescott throws it 8 feet over his head.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Very good point! The Eagles had a terrible secondary and Prescott choked under the pressure. Amari and Gallup each had a drop but Prescott had numerous off target throws. These WRs have been making circus catches all season long so when Prescott finally throws it to them it's no wonder they drop it. I can still see that one play when Jarwin is wide open and has to scoop Prescotts pass off his shoe laces or the Colts game where Jarwin is wide open and Prescott sees him and throws the ball 10 yards short and Jarwin has no chance to catch it. Amari is wide open and standing there and Prescott throws it 8 feet over his head.
Wildly exaggerating as usual, HE. Your hatred of Dak has made you sound foolish. Sad considering Dak is going to be here for a very long time my friend.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yep. WRs were wide open and Dak couldn't hit them. The Eagles were playing cheerleaders in their secondary. Probably would have won the game with Moore in at QB.
Are you forgetting Dak was playing with a torn shoulder (which he wasn't able to practice all week with and which he was receiving daily injections for) and a fractured throwing index finger?

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Trey Wingo has no clue. Saying Burrough will be a star or a proven commodity in the NFL can not be a lie. Why? In order for it to be a lie, it must first be false. Since it isn't, it cannot be a lie and those of us saying it are not liars. The better term Trey would be prognosticators, or believers.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Yes, that game was pathetic. Lost to the practice squad Eagles.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Exactly. Dak has done everything - in 4 years - as a passer that these idiots swore he would never be able to do. Dak has already matched Romo in almost every major single season achievement including of all things passing yards. You know the haters believed that Dak was incapable of ever touching that number -- about the only thing left is single season passing touchdowns. If I were to guess, Dak has already come close to beating Romo in combined TDs on a season.

If Dak wins one more playoff game...he ties Romo there...he has already gotten the Cowboys as far as Romo ever did in the playoffs...And if he can get to one conference title game...Dak would beat Romo there too.

Dak haters are literally running out of things to argue when it comes to Dak vs. Romo.

I was a fan of both QB's. Both were plenty good enough to win a title. Complete opposites when it comes to QBing. And both have suffered from most of the same issues. Coaching and defense.

I believe in Romo's best season he threw for 36 TD's and ran for 2 more. So that is 38 total TD's. I think Dak was 30 and 4 this year. Dont quote me on that. I would prefer that the defense take more of the burden of scoring and the run game takes more of the TD's. Then we will be a championship caliber team.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Why do some insist on believing and saying that when we know it isn't true any more?
I say it becuz its true.

Nothing personal to Jerrah.

But if you know or work with older people..

one thing common with them is that they resist change..any kind of change.

And especially if you are as well insulated from change as Jerrah is..

not much changes with them.

So if you want to believe Jerrah has changed..

go ahead. He has only changed horses from Garrett to McCarthy.

McCarthy is better than Garrett could ever hope to be. And Dallas has been lucky he was available just when he was needed.

He is a proven winner and knows what is needed. He is a leader respected in his field. He is a very competitive coach who is not going to sit back and let other coaches outcoach him.

Otherwise you don't last 13 years and win like he did, first with Farve then with Rodgers. So he alone should be about 2-3 more wins a year becuz he is in control.

We shall see..he has alot of midnight oil ahead of him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The Eagles had a terrible secondary and Prescott choked under the pressure.

I disagree that Dak choked under pressure against the Eagles. He shouldn't have been playing because he was injured and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

I think he would have thrown just as crappy in pregame. It would be interesting to see how many throws he took pregame, if any. My impression was that they "saved his arm" all week and didn't really check his accuracy before the game. Coaching fail.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Are you forgetting Dak was playing with a torn shoulder (which he wasn't able to practice all week with and which he was receiving daily injections for) and a fractured throwing index finger?

No. I've said always said that Dak was obviously too injured to play in that game. The offense put up 40+ the week before and the week after. Dak couldn't *generally* not throw. He couldn't throw for *that game*, in which it just so happened he was playing injured.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No. I've said always said that Dak was obviously too injured to play in that game. The offense put up 40+ the week before and the week after. Dak couldn't *generally* not throw. He couldn't throw for *that game*, in which it just so happened he was playing injured.
He got hurt in the Rams game......Pollard and Zeke also helped out though and the defense. Rare occasion where everyone was in the same accord.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Listen I'll say this about Dak he has elite level leadership skills, however his actual play, throwing mechanics, and accuracy is middle of the road he is not anywhere near the passers that Mahomes or Watson is who is more due the money Dak is asking for and more in the case of Mahomes. I personally think Dak is a playoff caliber QB but that's it, I think if the run game is stopped Dak starts entirely too slow to keep up with an elite level playoff team. I don't think we should break the bank for him especially when you have a qb phenom about to come out in next years draft. I just think we need to tag him and move heaven to get up to the #1 spot to get a true elite passer that has all the mobility of a Dak but will be under the rookie contract with a chance to prove it. I know it takes two to tango but Lawrence I would trade several draft picks to get.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Listen I'll say this about Dak he has elite level leadership skills, however his actual play, throwing mechanics, and accuracy is middle of the road he is not anywhere near the passers that Mahomes or Watson is who is more due the money Dak is asking for and more in the case of Mahomes. I personally think Dak is a playoff caliber QB but that's it, I think if the run game is stopped Dak starts entirely too slow to keep up with an elite level playoff team. I don't think we should break the bank for him especially when you have a qb phenom about to come out in next years draft. I just think we need to tag him and move heaven to get up to the #1 spot to get a true elite passer that has all the mobility of a Dak but will be under the rookie contract with a chance to prove it. I know it takes two to tango but Lawrence I would trade several draft picks to get.
That's a very good way of describing Dak. He has elite leadership skills but his mechanics are middle of the road.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Circus catches? When did that occur? Dez used to make circus catches between 2010-2014 but don't recall many since then.