Twitter: Trey Wingo said it best about Dak and any upcoming draft QBs

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No.. Nobody counts 2010 when they speak about Salary capped years and percentages.. It's always left out.

Even if we play your way and count 2010 as a capped year it is a clear outlier in the data but when I point to the cap percentages I don't count 2010 because nobody else does besides you.
Then count the 2011 year. It still equals to Brady using 15% of the Patriots salary cap.

Bottom line, you got proven wrong.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Then count the 2011 year. It still equals to Brady using 15% of the Patriots salary cap.

Bottom line, you got proven wrong.

I got proven wrong in your world.. The actual bottom line in reality is that 2010 was an uncapped year.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Throwing aroung salary numbers when you're not sure of anything is what I was wondering about. Especially since guaranteed monney is what's important.

Nobody is sure of anything right now probably not even Dak's agent. Dak could simply get the franchise tag and that's it from Jerry...no extension from the Cowboys for 2020.

Dak needs to sign a contract extension to have guaranteed money. If you know for sure that Dak is getting an extension, ok then how do you know this?

Is that what they say on the streets?

:laugh:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I got proven wrong in your world.. The actual bottom line in reality is that 2010 was an uncapped year.
Yeah, uncapped 2010 year...even though the Cowboys paid the price for spending over the $120 "in private" cap owners agreed upon. That's real world.

Adreme

Reaction score

2010 was not an uncapped year. They enforced a cap of 120m retroactively and any team that went over that, such as the Commanders, lost cap space in future years so while in theory 2010 was uncapped, in reality 2010 was very much so a capped year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, uncapped 2010 year...even though the Cowboys paid the price for spending over the $120 "in private" cap owners agreed upon. That's real world.

Well just know going forward that when I speak about the salary cap era i'll be excluding the unapped year like everyone else does when they compile data from the salary cap era.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Such a lazy thread by the troll OP. And as always, he started crying about retired QBs when he was the first one to bring him up when nobody else was talking about it. Imagine crying about something that you are constantly forcing on people in the first place. The life of a Dak slobberer...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Such a lazy thread by the troll OP. And as always, he started crying about retired QBs when he was the first one to bring him up when nobody else was talking about it. Imagine crying about something that you are constantly forcing on people in the first place. The life of a Dak slobberer...
Time proved you wrong.

Loso86

Reaction score
Always easier when you DON'T factor in the contract numbers.

How does close to 200M over 5 years and 100M or more guaranteed grab you?

ee9a43ed-e561-4831-a787-fed669429867_text_hi.gif
It's not your money why care I dont any more pay him or trade him either way let's go!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Aww, another post after getting proven wrong.

About what? Can you find me something official that says 2010 being a capped year because all I see is it being uncapped and that is why I excluded it because everyone else does as well.

Adreme

Reaction score
About what? Can you find me something official that says 2010 being a capped year because all I see is it being uncapped and that is why I excluded it because everyone else does as well.

How about the the fact that the NFL stripped cap space from the two teams that went over the unofficial cap.

Basically its universally known that the NFL owners were working together to hold an unofficial cap of 120m thus why teams that didn't do last lost cap space in future years to make up for it. There were multiple court cases about it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Nobody is sure of anything right now probably not even Dak's agent. Dak could simply get the franchise tag and that's it from Jerry...no extension from the Cowboys for 2020.

Dak needs to sign a contract extension to have guaranteed money. If you know for sure that Dak is getting an extension, ok then how do you know this?

Is that what they say on the streets?

:laugh:
Your attempt at humor is cringe worthy. No one here knows, that's my point. Fans like to whine about what's "too much to pay" when they haven't a clue. I don't either, but what REALLY is important is not the salary total, but the guaranteed amount. Which no one is speculating on. Just the total they "think" they know is too high.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How about the the fact that the NFL stripped cap space from the two teams that went over the unofficial cap.

Basically its universally known that the NFL owners were working together to hold an unofficial cap of 120m thus why teams that didn't do last lost cap space in future years to make up for it. There were multiple court cases about it.

It wasn't known by Washington and Dallas now was it? Maybe that is why there was so much controversy about them being punished AFTER the uncapped year.

I wonder why they took it to court?

I didn't know that I was going to get called out on an uncapped year when I post data from capped years because the people who do salary cap Data do not include that year.

Maybe they should put a little asterisk there and maybe "uncapped" specifically for you so you can point to 1 outlier.

Adreme

Reaction score
It wasn't known by Washington and Dallas now was it? Maybe that is why there was so much controversy about them being punished AFTER the uncapped year.

I wonder why they took it to court?

I didn't know that I was going to get called out on an uncapped year when I post data from capped years because the people who do salary cap Data do not include that year.

They took it to court and lost meaning the NFL was allowed to enforce its unofficial cap on an uncapped year which by extension means that year had a cap.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Like I said before, Jerry got personally fined and the Cowboys got over $10 million in salary cap taken away in 2012 for Jerry spending over the $120 million in cap space the owners had agreed upon in private while the NFL and NFLPA negotiated a new contract.

Pretty crystal clear right there, but go ahead and keep being ignorant.