Twitter: Trey Wingo said it best about Dak and any upcoming draft QBs

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
WRONG. The Patriots won a Super Bowl with Brady being paid 15% of their team's salary cap.

Screenshot-20200217-090636-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20200217-090718-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20200217-090934-Google.jpg

Screenshot-20200217-091028-Calculator.jpg

Screenshot-20200217-091219-Google.jpg

There was no salary cap in 2010. Also, we don’t have anything close to Brady here.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dak dethroned their idol and forced him to watch Dak tear it up his rookie year while sitting on the bench and forced to retire afterwards.
But it's because of Romo on the sidelines Dak tore it up. He was an awesome mentor to Dak.

The Cowboys need a good back-up should Dak go down.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I already posted what I thought Jerry MIGHT pay Dak in this thread....but I hope not.
Throwing aroung salary numbers when you're not sure of anything is what I was wondering about. Especially since guaranteed monney is what's important.

cern

Reaction score
somewhere there is a financial line in the sand. like a little zen garden it must be raked over and another drawn. perhaps many times with a few rocks thrown in before the perfect symmetry is achieved. march 10 is fast approaching.

Adreme

Reaction score
We will still have draft picks and cap space. The Eagles and Rams found a way. Nobody had found a way to win a Super Bowl with a QB taking up 15-20% of cap space..

Nobody has figured out how to win a Super Bowl with a coach from another team that has won a Super Bowl as well.

You are learning the wrong lessons from the Eagles and Rams because they both had advantages that the Cowboys simply do not. The Rams had cap space to bet it all on one year when everything lined up and well they almost got what they wanted. Right now they are probably going to be picking in the top 10 for the next few years except they wont be because they have no first round picks and therefore will probably still be picking in the top 10 once they get them back. They bet it all on being good for one or two years and being awful for the next 5-7. For the Cowboys to do the equivalent they would sign Dak trade their draft for some talent that is in the 4th or 5th year of their rookie deals and bet everything on next year knowing you cannot afford to give a second contract to any of them and will be bad for the next decade or so (welcome back 5-11).

The Eagles managed their trade on a far cheaper option and they got lucky with how it worked out. So unless the Cowboys have the 8th pick AND think they can win the 1/3 where the QB is even in the same league as Dak, on average you get Mitch Trubisky or worse, then modeling yourself after them is also insane.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I said there was no cap in 2010.. Prove me wrong.
Prove you wrong? That's like trying to prove you have a brain.

In private, owners had agreed prior to the 2010 "uncapped" season to spend no more than $120 million while negotiations were underway with the NFL and NFLPA. Since the Cowboys and Commanders refused to honor that private agreement and overspent, they were fined tens of millions two years later in 2012. Even more, both the 2011 and 2012 seasons were capped at $120 million each, so that undoubtedly proves you wrong on various points.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeah you are revising history. That 2014 was loaded. The offensive line was much better than 2016. Everyone was still in the prime of their career. Lawrence is the only guy who got better by 2016. Romo had a stacked team as well. You can’t say 2016 was stacked but 2014 wasn’t lol. Off the street guys lol....who was off the street?
The OL in 2014 was definitely NOT much better than 2016.

The 2016 line may be the best this team has ever had.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Prove you wrong? That's like trying to prove you have a brain.

In private, owners had agreed prior to the 2010 "uncapped" season to spend no more than $120 million while negotiations were underway with the NFL and NFLPA. Since the Cowboys and Commanders refused to honor that private agreement and overspent, they were fined tens of millions two years later in 2012. Even more, both the 2011 and 2012 seasons were capped at $120 million each, so that undoubtedly proves you wrong on various points.

2010 was not a capped year.. Prove me wrong..

Sandyf

Reaction score
Always easier when you DON'T factor in the contract numbers.

How does close to 200M over 5 years and 100M or more guaranteed grab you?

ee9a43ed-e561-4831-a787-fed669429867_text_hi.gif
Just fine with it because in two years it will look like a bargain compared to what Mahomes, Watson, and Jackson get.

817Gill

Reaction score
Stop babbling nonsense talk football and give us your rock solid examples that the team did not quit on Garrett

How about an example like how he totally energized the Defense by trotting the kicker out early in the game to attempt a long fg that was missed and left them with a short field to defend

expound on how great that was for team moral . The special skill you need to develop is putting some facts down to support your opinion
19 missed tackles in Chicago, Maliek Collins ignoring JG’s high five attempts, a player texting JG “f off”, Garrett stopped clapping after the bears game (might be the most damning piece of evidence).

So many examples lol what is that dude talking about. One of the most universally accepted points of this season was the team didn’t play hard, how can he even argue that?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You think like the ex-player who pic you're using in your avatar. No use talking to you.

No.. Nobody counts 2010 when they speak about Salary capped years and percentages.. It's always left out.

Even if we play your way and count 2010 as a capped year it is a clear outlier in the data (I wonder why it being an uncapped year and all) but when I point to the cap percentages I don't count 2010 because nobody else does besides you.