Tropical Storm / Hurricane Harvey

John813

Reaction score
Thankfully, the rain is going to start clearing out today :thumbup:

For better or worse seems like when it does re-enter land it'll be near Lake Charles, so Houston/other hard hit areas won't get the NE side of the storm again. Still, they are predicting another foot+ of rain for Houston and areas east of it.

Unreal. I feel terrible for those who lost everything. Hoping the death toll doesn't rise when the waters recede.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Please donate to help the animals that were impacted by this historic hurricane. I just did. Even if it's just $1. These animals need food & help just like humans. Plus you'll know where your money is going. https://secure.humanesociety.org/si...hpfs2_082817|web_harvey_help_page_id829921028
form-hurricane-harvey-dog-in-desctruction.jpg

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There was a levee breach at the Brazos river. Some parts around Houston that was effected minimally are now under mandatory evac...........Baytown, Kingwood, etc.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Depends on Harvey's path, New Orleans does not have all its pumping stations operating fully.

http://www.wwltv.com/weather/harvey/large-pump-at-17th-st-canal-pump-station-back-online/468886392

"One of the larger drainage pumps in New Orleans that was out-of-service Aug. 5 has been restored, yet again, after overheating Monday, the city said Tuesday. Pump Station No. 6, which drains a large part of the city via the 17th Street Canal, had six of its 15 pumps out-of-service during the Aug. 5 flooding. Four of those pumps are the large ones used to pump out storm water and two of them are small constant-duty pumps used to send everyday runoff to Lake Pontchartrain."

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was a levee breach at the Brazos river. Some parts around Houston that was effected minimally are now under mandatory evac...........Baytown, Kingwood, etc.
My friends had to evac twice because where they originally went first ended up falling in the evac zone too. So they were able to get out of Houston and drive to San Antonio where we have friends.

Transformer blew this am due to high winds so Im without power for the foreseeable future.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My friends had to evac twice because where they originally went first ended up falling in the evac zone too. So they were able to get out of Houston and drive to San Antonio where we have friends.

Transformer blew this am due to high winds so Im without power for the foreseeable future.

Stay safe, the worst is over but there will be more flooding. The retreating water has to go somewhere :(

Charge your phone in the car if need be.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Is this true?

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/8/28/16211392/100-500-year-flood-meaning
"Tomball, Texas, Public Works director David Esquivel told a local paper there this year that the Houston area had “two 500-year storms back to back”: over Memorial Day weekend of 2015 and early April 2016. That means that Hurricane Harvey constitutes the third “500-year” flood in three years."

Also since the map shows the 100-year flood plains as well as 500-year ones, we can assume the 100-year areas are currently flooded and perhaps most of the 500-year areas.
That is a lot of Houston...

Screen_Shot_2017_08_27_at_1.21.15_PM.png

waldoputty

Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...survey-stricken-texas/?utm_term=.9e0cfd8c4955

"A flood official in sprawling Harris County — home to Houston, the country’s fourth-largest city — said that as much as 30 percent of the county’s 1,777 square miles was underwater Tuesday. That scale was described to The Washington Post on Tuesday by Jeff Lindner, a meteorologist with the Harris County Flood Control District."

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I hope the worst is over with. I'm sure you have tons of family and friends that have been affected by this. God bless!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Friday night several transformers blew up, center point did a good job getting them back up. Is your power back W-girl?