Troy Aikman believes the Cowboys and Dak Prescott will ultimately agree to a new deal

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Only from a really bad, muggy, desperate team with no chance of any success. If Prescott wants to sign for a team like that then it says a lot about him as an individual and he should fill his boots. A good team, a genuine contender would not touch him especially for the money he allegedly desires.
No one has ever offered him more than the Dallas Cowboys.

Swagger

Reaction score
No one has ever offered him more than the Dallas Cowboys.
I agree the Cowboys are complete mugs in signing and likeky resigning Prescott again. My point is that it's a good roster and arguably a strong roster apart from the QB position and that only bad teams would overpay for Prescott out of desperation.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What else can he say here.............Nah no way the Cowboys extend Dak.
Grow up folks this is sports announcer and coveted Cowboy figure no way he puts himself in the middle of what coming down the pike in Big D!

Swagger

Reaction score
What else can he say here.............Nah no way the Cowboys extend Dak.
Grow up folks this is sports announcer and coveted Cowboy figure no way he puts himself in the middle of what coming down the pike in Big D!
I'm starting to think Prescott won't be resigned. Probably ill-advisedly but I think the news that Russell Wilson is being released for that record breaking cap hit really will give the Cowboys' front office food for thought.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I agree the Cowboys are complete mugs in signing and likeky resigning Prescott again. My point is that it's a good roster and arguably a strong roster apart from the QB position and that only bad teams would overpay for Prescott out of desperation.
Yes. I’m sure there’s a team out there that will do that. I would be encouraged if I thought the Cowboys have a well thought out plan to develop a “post-Prescott” offense. They’re not going to bid to keep their LT, and now their C. What exactly is the plan? Do they have one?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Denver is going to take an 85M cap hit just to get rid of Russel Wilson. I think Jerry might get inspired.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Isn’t it obvious? The entire coaching staff is on a one-year deal, hence, in ‘win-now’ mode. No time for a rebuild and they can’t make many ‘shore up’ moves without kicking the Dak can down the road. Extending Dak is really their ONLY hope to free up the kinda cash it’ll take to make the FA moves necessary to significantly improve this team’s glaring weaknesses. The current draft capital ISN’T enough to move the needle significantly.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Cowboys may want to decide what they want to do quickly. If Cousins, five years older the Dak, coming off an Achilles injury, and no more successful than Dak in the playoffs, signs for north of $50 million per year, France will ask for significantly more. Because if that’s what Cousins can get in free agency, Dak would get much more.
If that's the market for QBs, all the more time to churn young running QBs and spend the cap on the team around the QB .

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Extending Dak is really their ONLY hope to free up the kinda cash it’ll take to make the FA moves necessary to significantly improve this team’s glaring weaknesses.
Maybe they've decided it's time to rebuild and they're just gonna eat this year.

Dak might move for a trade if he sees that coming.

If they move on from Tyron, they're not trying to win this year. A Win Now would be to bring back the 2nd Team All Pro on a 1 year deal, if he'll have it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Maybe they've decided it's time to rebuild and they're just gonna eat this year.

Dak might move for a trade if he sees that coming.

If they move on from Tyron, they're not trying to win this year. A Win Now would be to bring back the 2nd Team All Pro on a 1 year deal, if he'll have it.
Tyron is testing free agency. GM Jeruh will have the final opportunity to match or come close enough that he decides to stay in Dallas.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Troy also swore that Kellen Moore would a head coach...multiple times.
Let's use the Trance philosophy here.

Kellen is young with a high ceiling, he is a phenom HC. Someone just needs to give him a chance.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Tyron is testing free agency. GM Jeruh will have the final opportunity to match or come close enough that he decides to stay in Dallas.
I dunno.

If it's Jacksonville, then Jerry can get close enough and keep Tyron here.
But KC offering *more* money.

Just go Tyron. Get your ring.