Video: Troy Aikman on accuracy: You either have it or you don't

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I long for the days way back when where you could criticize without the idea that you are a complete "hater".

We are getting dumber as a society when honest criticism is defined as "hate".

TheHerd

Reaction score
as much I as I hate bradshaw he made some very good points before the game when he talked about Prescott. he said the same things that aikman said either you have it or you don't they should know they both won multiple superbowls they both played a major role in winning them.
Both those guys did have league leading defenses as well. Not to take anything away from their greatness, but just saying. Dak has a good defense, but not on the level of the Steel Curtain or the Cowboys early 90s group.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares! He's our QB, he's not going anywhere anytime soon, so STHU and hope for the best. Unless Jerry is @Reality I don't think any of our griping is gonna make any difference.

dfense

Reaction score
Yet Dak has beaten their GOD WENTZ for the division title 2/3 years...while Wentz's backup is showing everyone how overrated he is...

If I was Troy, I would ****...stick to calling games between your favorite QBs Wentz and Goff Troy...everytime during the game he tried to talk **** about Winston or Prescott they both made his *** look silly.
Without the defense getting those TOs today, Cowboys lose. Its another bogus Dak wins stat. 100 qbr woo hoo!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Why not put into the correct context? The you either have it or you dont is when they are talking about Accuracy.

Jimmy and Aikman both agree Daks problems are just getting the ball out quicker. But Aikman in games says the routes just take too long to develop. If the route isnt there who is is supposed to throw it to? Then on other times Dak just holds on to the ball or is locked on to the target too long when another might be open. But then Aikman will as well as Collinsworth have said before he seems to just not trust certain guys.

Today on the first throw to Gallup, Dak delivered a perfect pass but Gallup almost made that into a INC by jumping and almost landing out of bounds. He didnt have to do that to catch the ball. It was on the money. On i think it was the following drive on a 3rd down Dak went to Gallup and was going to the sideline again, but Gallup pulled up and looked inside. Dak called Gallup over as theyre going to the sideline and you can read Daks lips telling him, "just keep going". And Gallup nods.

The offense he's trying to run is ancient and doesnt work in todays game. Because its slow developing, and is based on timing and precision route running. Theres a reason why Cooper is dominating in this offense because he runs great routes and gets seperation on his cuts. Thats the difference between a elite WR and the rest of the WRs Dallas has.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Troy flips flops on Dak depending on what type of game Dak has or how well he plays or lack there of.

Nothing wrong with calling out players when they’re bad. I think the world of Zeke and Tyron and I would be he first to call out dumb plays. However the problem is to many, Dak can do nothing wrong. It’s always someone else.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Lol and with 5k+ posts you’re still here. Guess it Isnt as awful as it may seem.

No it is. I'm a life long Cowboys fan since about 1981 so I'm here. Call me a gluten for punishment visiting CZ after clinching the division. This place feels like an 8-8 Romo year flaming out after a win or go home game. The trolling, hate and ignorance CONSISTENTLY on display here is down right pathetic.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I long for the days way back when where you could criticize without the idea that you are a complete "hater".

We are getting dumber as a society when honest criticism is defined as "hate".

Dude, there is a difference between criticizing to what the haters of Dak post here. Does he have issues in his game? Sure. I got no problem with people criticizing that. Put bashing him for everything isn't criticizing it's abject and irrational hatred of the kid and for what? Because he didn't pass for as many yards as you think a QB should pass? Because he didn't do what you wanted him to do? He missed a guy?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Troy has also been laudatory of Dak in the past. Troy runs hot and cold.

Dak also runs hot and cold. There are times when Dak makes the reads, makes the throws, protects the ball and looks the part of a franchise QB. The problem is he doesn’t do it consistently and it appears he has regressed this season. The problem for the Jerry and the coaches is they don’t have much time to make a decision on Dak. It would be nice if we had an OC who would game plan to Dak’s strengths and a QB coach who could coach him up. In the meantime we’re stuck with what we get.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
The same people that are congratulatory to this are the same that are dismissive when Troy says positive things about him. Call it a wash and be done trying to use him to prove a case on both sides.