Video: Troy Aikman on accuracy: You either have it or you don't

blueblood70

Reaction score
Against a bottom 5 defense. That isn’t going to cut it in the post season.
most teams in the Playoffs have iffy Defense brother ,

Rams snicker
Saints eh slight snicker
Seahawks decent ill grin
Bears scary especially at home in the cold and wind
Dallas Good
Vikings Good

the afc not much better...

Our offense has at least showed during that 5 game stretch if they call the dang plays better it can put up points when needed. Dak is very inconsistent but its made worse with Linehan, I believe if they get back to some plays MEANT for Amari, and start games wide open on 1st down they can get teams off balance as they showed during those 5 games..they seem to play down to comp a lot at least SL does and in the layoffs, they dont have the luxury of a bad team and a game the following week.. Dak and SL played pretty well against gb in 2016 the defense however DID NOT.. one of these days they will truly get both in playoff game...

I get the apprehension but this team is full of NEW young players and we have hope they come out fired up to take some heads off, well not get flagged I hope..:)

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Against a bottom 5 defense. That isn’t going to cut it in the post season.
Exactly, and Zeke’s 85 yards rushing, fumble, and dropped pass won’t cut it either. Our 1-2 combo better get their heads out of their butts and figure something out or they will be another team’s bye week in the WC game.

risco

Reaction score
Oh goody, another one. Anything new on this one?
Nope- seems like some people want to point out flaws and would be happy with complete destruction while others are happy for the win and a chance to play for a SB knowing every game is played different, so I stick to being a fan and not a coach or analyst. We have way too many on this board. Be careful though- you will get sucked in to a disruptive conversation about Dak!
:laugh:

Kaiser

Reaction score
Troy has also been laudatory of Dak in the past. Troy runs hot and cold.

I don't get some of the people claiming Aikman is backing their idea that Dak is a backup level QB. Both Troy and Jimmy Johnson say you can win with Dak (funny how the people who love Jimmy don't mention that). Both guys say Dak has periods where he is inconsistent, which his supporters say all the time.

The discussion is whether Dak can develop Troy Aikman/Aaron Rodgers type accuracy and that is what Troy is saying won't happen. I don't think anyone here has claimed he will. Russell Wilson doesn't have that kind of accuracy but he is a good QB, Rivers also.

I think some people didn't watch the clip or just heard what they wanted to hear.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dude, there is a difference between acknowledging what is good play and what is just average.

That's the thing I hate the most: Delusion. I don't like the haters either, but the delusional fans really irk me, so much so that it makes me want to say something when I otherwise might not. It is also embarrassing somewhat, because such posts in the past have made people on other forums make fun of our fan base, and heck if I were a fan of another team I would too. Anyway there a lot of us who believed in Dak in 2016, but are awfully worried in 2018. Troy says accuracy is something you either have or you don't. Then there are some of the Daksters who say that it is silly for us to think rookies (3rd year) don't get better with experience. But from what I've seen of the NFL, Quarterbacks don't generally get better when you throw them out to the wolves. I'm not saying that the ones you redshirt for a year to develop don't get better, or that the ones that are good to begin with don't gain things with experience. But I believe when a quarterback struggles, there is a certain psychological aspect to the game that when you play them too soon that you can end up ruining a quarterback. I mean how many first round picks have been ruined from being picked by bad teams who played them right away? I'm just not sure I'm seeing Dak overcome some of the things that defensive coordinators exposed in 2017. I feel that Zeek and Coop are carrying him right now. Hopefully, He'll do something in the playoffs to prove me wrong.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I would bet that Dak could come on air and say that he isn't accurate enough and people would still be called haters for pointing out flaws that Dak himself acknowledges.

Saying Dak has accuracy and consistency issues like most young QBs doesn't make someone a hater. Saying he is a backup QB does.

conner01

Reaction score
I think pocket awareness can be improved some but if you have none then some improvement won’t be enough
I think accuracy can be improved with proper technique
I think reading a defense can be improved
The problem is you have to have a natural feel for what’s happening and gonna happen and anticipate where the open guy will be and I don’t think that can be learned and is a natural skill that some have much and some don’t

conner01

Reaction score
Saying Dak has accuracy and consistency issues like most young QBs doesn't make someone a hater. Saying he is a backup QB does.
Pointing out flaws in a players game is what fans and the media does
If Dak doesn’t like that then fix the flaws

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Exactly, and Zeke’s 85 yards rushing, fumble, and dropped pass won’t cut it either. Our 1-2 combo better get their heads out of their butts and figure something out or they will be another team’s bye week in the WC game.

Man you really need to get over that the Cowboys picked Zeek instead of Ramsey's. Do you think we would be in the playoffs this year if we had Ramsey's instead of Zeek this year? I mean I too wanted the cowboys to pick Ramsey's, but Zeek has worked out well here, just like surprisingly the coop trade has.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Aikman was just pointing out that Dak missed a man downfield or two. He didn't say that Dak was a failure or ever mentioned that Dak won't make it.

Exactly, and the overall discussion wasn't "Does Dak have enough accuracy to play NFL QB". The question was "Will Dak develop the kind of accuracy that Troy Aikman had or that Aaron Rodgers does today". I haven't read a single person here suggesting that he will, but that seems to be the thrust of this thread.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Man you really need to get over that the Cowboys picked Zeek instead of Ramsey's. Do you think we would be in the playoffs this year if we had Ramsey's instead of Zeek this year? I mean I too wanted the cowboys to pick Ramsey's, but Zeek has worked out well here, just like surprisingly the coop trade has.
If you are happy with underperforming, all the power to you.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Yeah I didn't notice anything hateful about what Aikman mentioned. He just pointed out things that Dak missed. He also did that with Winston also and was more critical with Winston than with Dak.

Even before the boondoggle with the THIRD delay of game on Winston where they awarded TB a first down on DLaw's penalty I was thinking "Can you the posts on CBZ if Dak Prescott had the clock run out twice on one drive"?