Video: Troy Aikman on accuracy: You either have it or you don't

HellCrowe

Reaction score
No it is. I'm a life long Cowboys fan since about 1981 so I'm here. Call me a gluten for punishment visiting CZ after clinching the division. This place feels like an 8-8 Romo year flaming out after a win or go home game. The trolling, hate and ignorance CONSISTENTLY on display here is down right pathetic.

It does seem like false gold rn. I wish I could say we are running on all cylinders. Offense is ready as much as the defense. Truth is we are limping in and while per game we don’t know the outcome, it would be nice to know we are peaking at our best going to the post season.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yet Dak has beaten their GOD WENTZ for the division title 2/3 years...while Wentz's backup is showing everyone how overrated he is...

If I was Troy, I would ****...stick to calling games between your favorite QBs Wentz and Goff Troy...everytime during the game he tried to talk **** about Winston or Prescott they both made his *** look silly.

LOL.

This post typifies the cult.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Dak also runs hot and cold. There are times when Dak makes the reads, makes the throws, protects the ball and looks the part of a franchise QB. The problem is he doesn’t do it consistently and it appears he has regressed this season. The problem for the Jerry and the coaches is they don’t have much time to make a decision on Dak. It would be nice if we had an OC who would game plan to Dak’s strengths and a QB coach who could coach him up. In the meantime we’re stuck with what we get.

Absolutely. No argument here.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
You dont need to be an expert to see that.

nothing new here....

Movin' on.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Dude, there is a difference between criticizing to what the haters of Dak post here. Does he have issues in his game? Sure. I got no problem with people criticizing that. Put bashing him for everything isn't criticizing it's abject and irrational hatred of the kid and for what? Because he didn't pass for as many yards as you think a QB should pass? Because he didn't do what you wanted him to do? He missed a guy?
Dude, there is a difference between acknowledging what is good play and what is just average.

What we have here is a full blown case of widespread delusion that he is even close to being a quality quarterback.

I don't need to hold him up to yardage benchmarks. I just go by what he does in the purest sense.

Prescott is just an average QB. He is not capable of taking an offense on his shoulders and passing them to victory.

If Dallas is behind by two TDs late in a game, you might as well pack it in.

Go ahead and label me a "hater" going forward if it makes it simpler for you. That apparently is the goal.

Deflect criticism by labeling it as something stronger than it is.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Tony recently talked about how he felt he really improved his accuracy midseason 2013.

Two QBs picked first in the draft say "you've got it or you don't". They always had it. What would they know about whether you can take a guy who doesn't have it and turn him into one that does?

Talk to the UDFA who becomes a franchise QB about that.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
It does seem like false gold rn. I wish I could say we are running on all cylinders. Offense is ready as much as the defense. Truth is we are limping in and while per game we don’t know the outcome, it would be nice to know we are peaking at our best going to the post season.

We've given ourselves the OPPORTUNITY to run on all cylinders. That's the point. We handled business. Have you ever seen us **** the bed? Well this is better than that. Offensive numbers don't have to look great if the D is returning fumbles for 70 yards and setting the O up at the 4 yard line. Every NFL game has a different personality. Sometimes NOT turning the ball over and NOT screwing up goes a long way. Did you see the Ravens beat LAC last night? That's called winning December football. It can look like this in December. If we get hot in the postseason will you really remember a 27-20 win over the Bucs that CZ is on suicide watch over? Would I have liked a convincing 45-10 convincing win? Sure but I understand how difficult it is to win the NFCE, win in the NFL period. .. reverse the negative momentum coming off 0-23 and the national media's narrative of our impending collapse. The playoffs are a different season and we've given ourselves a chance. Why most can't simply get behind the team and be somewhat supportive is crazy to me. Constructive criticism is of course the norm but the fact that 70-80% of CZ HATES the team and certain key players is mind boggling to me.

superonyx

Reaction score
I long for the days way back when where you could criticize without the idea that you are a complete "hater".

We are getting dumber as a society when honest criticism is defined as "hate".
I agree with you.
Unfortunately the ways people are these days creates factions of fans where people feel the need to chose sides and fight anyone who doesn’t agree.

This goes for everything these days, sports, politics, religion.

Too many people too insecure to have discussions in an honest respectable way.

Some people feel the need to post the same venom over and over.

In regards to Dak....he is what he is both good and bad. He can improve the areas he is bad. He won’t ever be Aaron Rodgers or Brady. This doesn’t mean he can’t win. He is our QB for the foreseeable future no matter how much toxic venom some poster repeatedly post thread after thread.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
In regards to Dak....he is what he is both good and bad. He can improve the areas he is bad. He won’t ever be Aaron Rodgers or Brady. This doesn’t mean he can’t win. He is our QB for the foreseeable future no matter how much toxic venom some poster repeatedly post thread after thread.

He exactly "is what he is".

I just wish a lot of people would just acknowledge that.

He is not the guy that he was in his rookie season.

Right now, he is a QB that has next to zero pocket presence and if the run game evaporates, he is pedestrian.

What I just said is pretty much fact, but I will continue to wear my "hater" armband so I can be easily identified.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Uh oh.

A few weeks ago the Daksters were praising Aikman.

How will they respond?
Check my response post 36. I think it's best for both sides.
Airman scared Dak will wipe him out history
Only way Dak does that is win 4. I like Dak I support him. I also see what his flaws arw and what he needs to improve upon. You saying more stupid crap as is your MO just to start an argument is getting played out. At this point you're as bad as a JLo remix from the late 90's and early 00's.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
So, you are saying what? He's a "hater"?

I'm said nothing about him being a hater, but believe that a couple of weeks back there was an article on him complimenting Dak. Then before he was questioning Dak's ability and now he is back to questioning