Video: Troy Aikman on accuracy: You either have it or you don't

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I have never claimed that Dak is better than Aikman or Romo or any othe vet QB. What many have done is compare Dak numbers vs a Romo or Aikman at the same points of their career. You can't compare a 3rd year QB vs 14 year vet but you can compare 3rd year numbers to 3rd year numbers that in my view is fair. Romo was able to continue to learn and develop as a QB and he talked every year about the need to work and improve. I have supported Romo and I support Dak, I see much Dak can and must improve on and I think he can.
Fair enough.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So you can't say now who Dak is better than in the top 10?
You can cite it as evidence but you can't say who he's better than?
Sounds like a convenient dodge to me.
He may not be better than anyone in the Top 10 All Time

The fact that you are using that as the gauge shows how bad you have lost the debate

A third year 25 year old QB may be better than All Time, HoF QBs and you want to cut him...... here is your sign

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He may not be better than anyone in the Top 10 All Time

The fact that you are using that as the gauge shows how bad you have lost the debate

A third year 25 year old QB may be better than All Time, HoF QBs and you want to cut him...... here is your sign
How bad I lost the debate? :laugh::lmao::lmao2:
Excuse me, but I'm not the one trying to use stats to somehow suggest Dak MAY BE better than Aikman.
Uh that be you.
Again, you could poll current and former players and coaches and I'm willing to bet that none would read the stats you offered and conclude Dak is/may be better than Aikman.
It's such an absurd argument that is truly laughable. Hence, my :lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
How bad I lost the debate? :laugh::lmao::lmao2:
Excuse me, but I'm not the one trying to use stats to somehow suggest Dak MAY BE better than Aikman.
Uh that be you.
Again, you could poll current and former players and coaches and I'm willing to bet that none would read the stats you offered and conclude Dak is/may be better than Aikman.
It's such an absurd argument that is truly laughable. Hence, my :lmao::lmao2::lmao2:
Now here come the emojis

Mature argument.......peace

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't underestimate great coaching, but there's more to it than that. Aikman is a very intelligent, insightful man (He developed the Efficiency Rating System) with more natural talent to take advantage of the coaching.

I'm not saying there's no hope for Dak. If that were the case, I wouldn't even be weighing in on the subject. But he needs to fix his footwork before he can hope to improve anything else. Like most things, it starts at the bottom and works its way up.
Joe Buck was interviewed and they were discussing his and Aikman's view of Prescott. Sometimes they come across as haters when they commentate, but Buck said it was the opposite. he said Aikman loved Prescott etc........

My point is, depending on what your opinion is of Prescott as a fan, somewhat dictates what you drive home as a point in regard to positive and negative comments from analysts.

This is why I'm somewhere near the middle. I do lean more toward the Prescott camp because he's a Cowboy and we simply don't have any realistic replacement options. But I'm not so far on the wagon that I would be against improving that position. So when ex players, experts and analysts critique a player I take it with a grain of salt because generally, if we're being honest, that mention the good and the bad. It just depends on what you're willing to hear.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
How bad I lost the debate?
Uh that be you.
It's such an absurd argument that is truly laughable. Hence, my
His first 3 years ARE better than Aikman's

Aikman is criminally overrated as a QB......he is 58th on the All Time list at 81.6

Dak is 10x more athletic, has a better Comp% and a way better TD/INT ratio

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Well, this has turned out as unto a HUGE thread & while admittedly I've not (knowingly participated in it) that #8 clouts the sportin' fact of 3 ring fingered cabbaged bona fides ,,,best that the rest plant their butts down on the dirt while LOOKING UP,,,I'd reckon o_O

:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Joe Buck was interviewed and they were discussing his and Aikman's view of Prescott. Sometimes they come across as haters when they commentate, but Buck said it was the opposite. he said Aikman loved Prescott etc........

My point is, depending on what your opinion is of Prescott as a fan, somewhat dictates what you drive home as a point in regard to positive and negative comments from analysts.

This is why I'm somewhere near the middle. I do lean more toward the Prescott camp because he's a Cowboy and we simply don't have any realistic replacement options. But I'm not so far on the wagon that I would be against improving that position. So when ex players, experts and analysts critique a player I take it with a grain of salt because generally, if we're being honest, that mention the good and the bad. It just depends on what you're willing to hear.
Well said. :thumbup:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Here comes?
I've been using them throughout our discussion. ;)
Man, sometimes that dude flares up like a discarded cast member fer' the never aired film titled : " grumpiness of grumpier old men",,, Personally,I wouldn't allow it to interrupt my drinking&whoring Schedule, young1doe,ya knowo_O

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Probably because we're friends outside of this forum, it's nice to understand other perspectives and even if we don't agree there is zero disrespect.
Also because you're fair minded and realistic. I'm getting more and more soured on Dak. Part of that is because he seems to miss too many opportunities, and to be honest, part of it is me distancing myself from the sycophantic, over the top Dakophiles.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, this has turned out as unto a HUGE thread & while admittedly I've not (knowingly participated in it) that #8 clouts the sportin' fact of 3 ring fingered cabbaged bona fides ,,,best that the rest plant their butts down on the dirt while LOOKING UP,,,I'd reckon o_O

:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:
Is it a good thing, or a bad thing that I understood this? :muttley:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
His first 3 years ARE better than Aikman's

Aikman is criminally overrated as a QB......he is 58th on the All Time list at 81.6

Dak is 10x more athletic, has a better Comp% and a way better TD/INT ratio
RGIII, Randall Cunningham, Kordell "Slash" Stewart were 10x more athletic than Aikman.
So?

cern

Reaction score
RGIII, Randall Cunningham, Kordell "Slash" Stewart were 10x more athletic than Aikman.
So?
Kordell cried. Real tears. So much so his coach chastised him for it. Rg111 imploded. Cunningham was truly great imo.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Also because you're fair minded and realistic. I'm getting more and more soured on Dak. Part of that is because he seems to miss too many opportunities, and to be honest, part of it is me distancing myself from the sycophantic, over the top Dakophiles.
That #4 has definitely (I reckon just based upon vivid previously viewed mental recollection) suffers a + . 2 to 1, Choked on it,
vs., Super bullseye Footballish spiral spinners,,,
ya, and I'm feeling a bit fictitious in my rendering of that flattering on the riverbank sandbar blackboard equation, TOO!o_O

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Aikman loved Romo as well but he would never pull any punches about his game and he does the same with Prescott. Too many see it as being critical of the player and it's not, it is only a part of their game.

He called out Romo's ball protection and he's called out Prescott's as well. As well as other QB's he's seen over the years.

Prescott's inconsistent accuracy has been a subject for two years and Aikman didn't bring it up. He was asked about it and answered it honestly when Johnson put him on the spot. And Jimmy was looking for the answer he got. The irony is Aikman's selling point coming out was accuracy and Jimmy decided to use a supplemental pick on Walsh. So, accuracy isn't the only measurement.

What seems to be lost on some is that not one ex QB or coach has come forward that accuracy isn't a problem or is solvable between college and the pros. Why in the hell does everyone think Prescott was rated no higher than the 4th round and his own team wanted two other QB's ahead of him?