Video: Troy Aikman on accuracy: You either have it or you don't

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That #4 has definitely (I reckon just based upon vivid previously viewed mental recollection) suffers a + . 2 to 1, Choked on it,
vs., Super bullseye Footballish spiral spinners,,,
ya, and I'm feeling a bit fictitious in my rendering of that flattering on the riverbank sandbar blackboard equation, TOO!o_O
Is this a test? If so, give me an "F", because you totally lost me on this one! :huh::grin:

cern

Reaction score
Aikman loved Romo as well but he would never pull any punches about his game and he does the same with Prescott. Too many see it as being critical of the player and it's not, it is only a part of their game.

He called out Romo's ball protection and he's called out Prescott's as well. As well as other QB's he's seen over the years.

Prescott's inconsistent accuracy has been a subject for two years and Aikman didn't bring it up. He was asked about it and answered it honestly when Johnson put him on the spot. And Jimmy was looking for the answer he got. The irony is Aikman's selling point coming out was accuracy and Jimmy decided to use a supplemental pick on Walsh. So, accuracy isn't the only measurement.

What seems to be lost on some is that not one ex QB or coach has come forward that accuracy isn't a problem or is solvable between college and the pros. Why in the hell does everyone think Prescott was rated no higher than the 4th round and his own team wanted two other QB's ahead of him?
Maybe for the same reason Brady wasn't taken until the 6th. Seems experts overrated Paxton lynch. Jury's still out on wentz.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also because you're fair minded and realistic. I'm getting more and more soured on Dak. Part of that is because he seems to miss too many opportunities, and to be honest, part of it is me distancing myself from the sycophantic, over the top Dakophiles.
And too many are Romorooters and their main reason for defending Prescott is that he's not Romo.

I am exactly where I was with Romo, smack dab in the middle. I see the good and the bad and do not make excuses for the mistakes. I also accept the fact that with each of these QB's, we could be worse off. We could have Lynch or Cook as the QB.

However, the one thing both of the QB's share is that they have to have the team around them. One thing in Dak's favor is that he doesn't start out every game feeling he's got to hang 30 on the other team to have a chance. His ball protection, with regards to picks, compliments this D. However, the fumbles are a real problem.

What a huge difference. One QB was O dependent and this one is D dependent and can play the game the way it was intended to be played.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Aikman loved Romo as well but he would never pull any punches about his game and he does the same with Prescott. Too many see it as being critical of the player and it's not, it is only a part of their game.

He called out Romo's ball protection and he's called out Prescott's as well. As well as other QB's he's seen over the years.

Prescott's inconsistent accuracy has been a subject for two years and Aikman didn't bring it up. He was asked about it and answered it honestly when Johnson put him on the spot. And Jimmy was looking for the answer he got. The irony is Aikman's selling point coming out was accuracy and Jimmy decided to use a supplemental pick on Walsh. So, accuracy isn't the only measurement.

What seems to be lost on some is that not one ex QB or coach has come forward that accuracy isn't a problem or is solvable between college and the pros. Why in the hell does everyone think Prescott was rated no higher than the 4th round and his own team wanted two other QB's ahead of him?
Aikman sounds outright catty when talking about Dak.......Tom Petty

Everything is Dak's fault, even drops and receivers breaking off their routes like Gallup has done twice

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Maybe for the same reason Brady wasn't taken until the 6th. Seems experts overrated Paxton lynch. Jury's still out on wentz.

Athletically, Lynch is at the very top of the scale for what you want at the position. I mean, I can't speak for his head but the physical is off the charts.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
18 rushing TDs in 3 years chachi........ Troy had 9 his whole career.........way more athletic

Problem is, where it counts, Troy has them all beat. All of those guys were way more athletic but none of them could do what Troy did. None of them won any championships and that's the rub.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dak is wayyyy more accurate....................66% to 61%
With 10 more games than Aikman. With dink and dunk passes. Without any major injuries. With a better offensive line. With average to below-average receivers.
Are you capable of analyzing stats and numbers? :huh:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Problem is, where it counts, Troy has them all beat. All of those guys were way more athletic but none of them could do what Troy did. None of them won any championships and that's the rub.
You can't explain to the Dakkettes. In their minds, Dak is wwwwaaayyyy more accurate than Troy Aikman. It's the height of absurdity, but when you MUST convince yourself of the Dakkuracy, well, this is the nonsensical, illogical position you're forced to take.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
His first 3 years ARE better than Aikman's

Aikman is criminally overrated as a QB......he is 58th on the All Time list at 81.6

Dak is 10x more athletic, has a better Comp% and a way better TD/INT ratio

His teams, in his first three years are literally light years better then Aikmans as well.

You can't seriously be trying to compare each of these young QBs careers. If you had given Aikman the talent that Dak had, stepping in, the numbers wouldn't even be close. I saw Aikman play as a Rookie, I know what that team around him was. It was terrible and that's not stretching the truth.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Athletically, Lynch is at the very top of the scale for what you want at the position. I mean, I can't speak for his head but the physical is off the charts.

Brady is an overachieving system QB that has milked the absolute most out of his limited athletic ability..... more than any QB ever with hard work and pure determination and competitive spirit

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman sounds outright catty when talking about Dak.......Tom Petty

Everything is Dak's fault, even drops and receivers breaking off their routes like Gallup has done twice
I don't agree, he's simply telling it as he sees it. Remember the game Dak fumbled away inside our own 3? Remember what Aikman said right before the ball was snapped? I do. Protecting that ball was job 1 above all else and he was careless. That is QB 101 stuff and he screwed the pooch.

One thing that some fail to acknowledge, Prescott keeps making the same mistakes. What doesn't he get about protecting the ball when the pocket is collapsing? Does his brain just shut down?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Brady is an overachieving system QB that has milked the absolute most out of his limited athletic ability..... more than any QB ever with hard work and pure determination and competitive spirit
So would you rather have an athletic quarterback who never wins a Super Bowl or a limited athletic quarterback who is hard working, determined and competitive and wins Super Bowls?