Twitter: Troy Aikman on Cee Dee Lamb

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Dak was terrified to throw the ball though Troy. That’s the difference.

He can’t let go of the ball until he sees a WR wide open.
Yeah but.......he fist bumps everyone before each drive!....That must count for something right???

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I wasn't aware there were rules on who you can and can't compare players too.....what other rules do you have on this site? Are you a mod?

lol...I know you are hurting, but, it will take some time but it will pass.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
lol...I know you are hurting, but, it will take some time but it will pass.
You seem to be hurting you're the one who is upset people compare Dak to other players lol. You randomly brought up Romo out of nowhere. You sound hurt lol. I find this whole place hilarious when things get bad.....y'all act like something is wrong with y'all lol. Mentally.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You seem to be hurting you're the one who is upset people compare Dak to other players lol. You randomly brought up Romo out of nowhere. You sound hurt lol. I find this whole place hilarious when things get bad.....y'all act like something is wrong with y'all lol. Mentally.

Go get some rest, I have guitar practice.

dckid

Reaction score
This is all on Dak. And Kurt Warner said the same thing. Most QBs look for single coverage and feast on it.
Yup!!
Dak is an average to good QB, the sad part is he didnt even play to a good level. He shrunk in that moment. Quick passes, or even shots down field where there.
Go back and look at the Raiders game and see what they did against us? The won that game because Carr threw the ball downfield, got PI and went and made plays.
The Niners didnt have the corners to cover Dallas but they knew from the jump that Dak couldn't do it.
I wish people would not make this personal. Get rid of McCarthy.. yes its easy for us to say as Jerry has to pay his contract... Jerry is 79, wait another three years or go get a real coach.

zerofill

Reaction score
But, Dak is sad about some things like:

Dak Prescott said:
"In all my years I don't know that I've had a better chance or a better full team than this," Prescott said. "It's hard to accept knowing every year that a team's not going to be the same, some of those guys won't be back. It's just hard for me to accept right now."
Dude... look at your bank account, and the NFL cap teams have to follow?
Granted they gave you a huge chunk of the guaranteed to try and help the cap space... but damn!
This generations Joe Montana you are not lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes but on a critical 3rd and 5 at midfield late in the game he “checked down” to a covered zeke in the flat.

think about that for a second our last two plays to win a game we’re to zeke and Cedric Wilson instead of our top guys
And he was surrounded by 49er defenders! He had to literally through over top of them. I wish it was as easy as some fans suggest. "Just hit the open guy."

Say what you want about Wilson, he did have a couple f mistakes but he took more advantage of his opportunities. I saw Cooper jogging routes on a few occasions. Does that deserve a look? How about drops? that's why Schultz got looks, he is reliable.

If we're going to highlight all of Dak's mistakes it doesn't hold a candle to the mess at O line. They were awful.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
And he was surrounded by 49er defenders! He had to literally through over top of them. I wish it was as easy as some fans suggest. "Just hit the open guy."

Say what you want about Wilson, he did have a couple f mistakes but he took more advantage of his opportunities. I saw Cooper jogging routes on a few occasions. Does that deserve a look? How about drops? that's why Schultz got looks, he is reliable.

If we're going to highlight all of Dak's mistakes it doesn't hold a candle to the mess at O line. They were awful.

I’ll give you the Wilson play. But even then they sent the house. Ceedee and Amari are most likely one on one. If I’m losing that game I’m going down throwing it to my best. Even if he’s covered.

The zeke throw my recollection he had time. He just rushed a throw to zeke.

Acheman08

Reaction score
In what in your vast experience as a general manager for professional football team lead you to that conclusion other than the fact that you like humping deck slick
Ummmmmmmmmm....i have, uh...you know...working eyeballs there dingus. Sorry i offended you Kellen.

conner01

Reaction score
If that were the case (it's not) then it still wouldn't be Moore's fault. If he's calling plays that are getting his receivers single coverage then he's done his job. He can't run the routes for them. That being said, the film shows people open. Dak needs to get the ball to them.
That’s true
He can’t catch the ball for them either
Or run the route for them
Lamb was targeted 5 times with one catch
I haven’t watch all22 but I’d be curious to see if he was beating the single coverage, or getting open and not getting thrown too
The difference is important

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Agreed. Everything is about analytics and statistics and scheme and blah blah blah.

Analyze the weakness on the defense and exploit it. Exploit the 1 on 1 matchups. CeeDee was a 1st rd pick and has #1 WR potential. The fact he only got 1 catch is ludicrous
Seems like someone on the San Fran sideline a week before the game told their wide receivers to feint a comeback route when lining up across from Diggs because 9/10 times he bites.

Wish we had someone on the Cowboys’ sidelines to give our offense an edge.

Gaede

Reaction score
Agree but the stat dorks will show you his completion percentages.

Not everyone can use the patented Catch17 formula for assessing how accurate a QB is.

Because no one knows your secret method, completion %, typically considered the gold standard for assessing QB accuracy, is all we've got.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Dak was terrified to throw the ball though Troy. That’s the difference.

He can’t let go of the ball until he sees a WR wide open.

He doesnt wait on Amari, nor to Cedric, or Gallup...Ceedee doesnt run good routes.