Twitter: Troy Aikman on Cee Dee Lamb

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It’s obvious that Dak was scared the last half of the season to make a mistake. His best balls on Sunday were when he planted his foot and rocketed it in there. As I said last week leading up he had to just let it go. He didn’t do that. The Oline sucks however and that’s all apart of it.

Im just ready to see a new offense already. I was upset when Mike came here he wasn’t going to call plays.
it came down to his footwork....in fact second half of the season and even in this game, he was much better and more accurate from the pocket. just drop back. set. throw....

Dre11

Reaction score
Yeah.. Because I can’t form my own opinions. Even when 90% of the board doesn’t agree with my views on paying Dak & Zeke and now my “radical / hater” opinion is just mainstream and common knowledge.

Psssst..lol

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Moss is another. His stats would look a lot better if he hadn’t taken plays off and probably would’ve got his ring.

So one player is raising Dak’s completion rate even though he set the record for most passes to different receivers…..that’s interesting.
Throughout the season I've seen the WRs not getting passed to jogging their routes. If we can see it......

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
CEE DEE should have gotten at least 10-12 targets . Same for other receivers. Dak is so confused and just checks down to zeke . who is a terrible receiver and runner by the way at this stage. Dak is a mediocre expensive mistake that is very costly .
Do you understand why QBs need to check down?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Look at Lamb vs Micah. One is a guy who thinks he's made it. The other is a guy who knows he have and still moving forward. Lamb was like this also his rookie year then fell off. So we all better hope Micha doesn't start feeling himself.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I love Troy. The last great Cowboys QB. What he says matters. This is an indictment on Offense and of Dak of course.
I mean Troy played with the top 5 receiver of all time, top 5 running back of all time and top 5 o line of all time. I wasn't old enough to really watch him, but looking at his stats, they weren’t all that impressive. And to my understanding, Jason Garrett who was the backup played really well whenever he was called upon. Just saying!

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I mean Troy played with the top 5 receiver of all time, top 5 running back of all time and top 5 o line of all time. I wasn't old enough to really watch him, but looking at his stats, they weren’t all that impressive. And to my understanding, Jason Garrett who was the backup played really well whenever he was called upon. Just saying!
You had to be there

Prime Troy is a top-5 QB in the league today.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
To the people place the blame on kellen Moore. At the end of the day football is still football. Dak makes 40 mil a year he doesn’t have to throw it to the guy kellen designs the play for. What happened to going through progressions?

3rd and 5 on the drive at midfield Before our last drive. Dak checks the ball down to a covered zeke in the flat? Are you kidding me?

There is no way you can tell me receivers like amari and ceedee aren’t getting open at least half the time. Dak is just scared to throw the ball.

the one pass he did let rip was actually a nice ball.

GMO415

Reaction score
Nick pick this game all you want. The outcomes not changing. This game doesn't amount to crap come September.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The team was so talented that they made sure to keep his passing attempts to a minimum. Very, very good defenses too.
What a time.

Redline360

Reaction score
Have been saying one of Daks biggest issues since year one is that he is atrocious at throwing to the reciever before he breaks his route. Has no anticipation and its alarming. Why so many balls are behind players where they have to stop the route or reach back.

At the beginning of the year it looked like Dak had finally started to understand and read defenses. Did a hell of a job changing plays at the los. Then second half im not sure what happened. Looked timid and scared

Last edited:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Why would I deflect to a perennial loser? I aim higher to Tom Brady and Rodgers....actual legends.......

You deflect from a perennial loser in Dak. You mean the Tom Brady and Rodgers that you Dak-stans always try, failing all the time, to try and compare Dak to those QB's. Not sure if you have done it, but you know as well as I do that some of you lovers always try that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You deflect from a perennial loser in Dak. You mean the Tom Brady and Rodgers that you Dak-stans always try, failing all the time, to try and compare Dak to those QB's. Not sure if you have done it, but you know as well as I do that some of you lovers always try that.
I wasn't aware there were rules on who you can and can't compare players too.....what other rules do you have on this site? Are you a mod?