Twitter: Troy Aikman on Cee Dee Lamb

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
Dak was terrified to throw the ball though Troy. That’s the difference.

He can’t let go of the ball until he sees a WR wide open.
Seems like he has no anticipation which leads to he waiting to long and throwing behind the receiver or getting sacked... he needs to get the ball out before the wr get out of his cut.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not everyone can use the patented Catch17 formula for assessing how accurate a QB is.

Because no one knows your secret method, completion %, typically considered the gold standard for assessing QB accuracy, is all we've got.

My gosh what an accurate league it is then if you go by completion % because nearly everyone is 64% or higher.

It’s almost like QBs are getting rid of the ball quicker and taking less risks which means higher completion %s. But hey if that’s your gold standard then so be it.

Gaede

Reaction score
My gosh what an accurate league it is then if you go by completion % because nearly everyone is 64% or higher.

It’s almost like QBs are getting rid of the ball quicker and taking less risks which means higher completion %s. But hey if that’s your gold standard then so be it.

How do you judge accuracy if not completion percentage?

Perhaps if you can't quantify it, you need a new word to describe your gripe. Because it's kind of silly to say he's not accurate and then also say you have no idea how to actual determine accuracy.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
because he's slow on reads. shrugs, this is the best you can get for 40 million these days. he's top 20. shrugs.

Yep, if we play scheme offense then fine, but we cant blame the receivers as they are in routes designed for them. Indeed, if he's slow on the reads (which I agree with) then we need to dumb down the offense calls and get him to 'reverse read' and look for the easier (less covered options), like Wilson, Schultz first.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
How do you judge accuracy if not completion percentage?

Perhaps if you can't quantify it, you need a new word to describe your gripe. Because it's kind of silly to say he's not accurate and then also say you have no idea how to actual determine accuracy.

The 'Separation' data is a good judge on how many times the QB had someone 'Open'. Whether they hit the open target is on the QB's ability to process the reads and his accuracy in finding the receiver.

This is what Romo was saying in commentary, these receivers were open on the routes.....there was an exasperation that there were windows. It's conceivably down to not being able to process the read or the QB version of the "jips" in darts .....a psychological issue.

Gaede

Reaction score
The 'Separation' data is a good judge on how many times the QB had someone 'Open'. Whether they hit the open target is on the QB's ability to process the reads and his accuracy in finding the receiver.

This is what Romo was saying in commentary, these receivers were open on the routes.....there was an exasperation that there were windows. It's conceivably down to not being able to process the read or the QB version of the "jips" in darts .....a psychological issue.

This is what I'm saying. Accuracy is a common refrain on this board but the wrong issue to highlight. Dak can make all the throws. He's just not throwing them anymore. I would agree his problems this year are mostly a psychological issue

ondaedg

Reaction score
Just not as high on Lamb as some of you. He drops way too many passes, doesn’t have elite speed and isn’t physical. He doesn’t create a whole lot of separation either. Not sure what I’m missing here.

ondaedg

Reaction score
It’s obvious that Dak was scared the last half of the season to make a mistake. His best balls on Sunday were when he planted his foot and rocketed it in there. As I said last week leading up he had to just let it go. He didn’t do that. The Oline sucks however and that’s all apart of it.

Im just ready to see a new offense already. I was upset when Mike came here he wasn’t going to call plays.

I’ve seen the same thing. The guy that ripped up TB disappeared when he started thinking instead of slinging.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dak is scared ****less of throwing ints. He's shook and doesn't trust his accuracy.

He & his agent were hoping to ride good stats to the next contract. Can't be messing that up by trying to win the game.

He knows he doesn't have accuracy. It wasn't the beating in ATL in 2017 that sent him into a nosedive, it was that he knew he wasn't good enough. To his credit he seemed to have worked and made improvements to at least be viable but when your foundation just isn't solid, it doesn't take a lot to get your house to crumble.

Brooksey

Reaction score

When they do this they're getting the ball out between 2.4 secs and 2.8 secs. Dak was averaging 2.5 secs (2nd in nfl) through the first 8 weeks at 77% completion rate.
Then he started holding the ball. He reverted back to the Jason Garrett hold the ball, watch the play evolve, scan the filed look at your 3rd and 4h options.

Dak's not good enough to do that. There's only a few guys who can do that well (Brady Rodgers, Wilson). Brady doesn't even do it he averages 2.4 secs. Go back and watch the TB game and see if you can see a play where he holds it past three secs.
It doesn't exist. For some reason Dak changed the way he was playing..either he sabatoged himself during the injury with the extra time in the film room or someone else did

JayFord

Reaction score
do we have slant plays in the playbook?

CeeDee is operation from the slot plenty...

run a slant....