Troy Aikman talks about Dak Prescott

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What’s laughable is your brain trying to comprehend something and even after it’s explained to you it’s still too difficult for you to understand.

Kaaya and Beathard played in pro style systems which is why I said I thought they were more NFL ready than Mahomes.

Mahomes even set out his first year and admitted he couldn’t read an NFL defense until year 3.

So I’m still confident that Kaaya and Beathard were mentally more developed because they played in pro style offenses in college while Mahomes didn’t.

Parsons wasn’t an edge rusher. Had no clue he could do that.

At MLB he lacked instincts and everything was sideways and downhill.

Nobody knew he was going to come into the league, play the edge, and be absolutely dominant doing it.

It was all projected for him to play linebacker and to this day when he plays linebacker he still doesn’t look like anything special at it which is why after we play a team like Green Bay this past season and he’s at linebacker while they rush for 207 yards everyone is asking where was Parsons and why didn’t he do anything.

So I’m not explaining it to you again. Last time.

It’s not my fault that you’re a super fan and Pom Pom when the Jones’s do stupid stuff like paying Dak and Zeke.

I can’t help it that I’m more intelligent then you.

Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes Says He Didn't Learn to Read Defenses Until Last Year​

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes said he didn't understand how to read NFL defenses until "halfway through last year."

"I still think there's a long way for me to go there," Mahomes said on The Shop. "And that's where mentally I think I can get better. Physically I feel like I've done a lot of stuff. I always work on the fundamentals and doing that stuff. But I think mentally I can still take my game to a whole another level."

https://syndication.bleacherreport....arn-to-read-defenses-until-last-year.amp.html
The hole you’re digging yourself is getting deep. Parsons is an athletic freak. His combination of size, speed and strength is off the charts. It was predicted he would rush the passer. You dissed him then he won DROY after settling the league on fire and you’ve been moving the goal posts since. Same with Mahomes. Same with Dalton over Dak. Just man up and admit you were wrong.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The hole you’re digging yourself is getting deep. Parsons is an athletic freak. His combination of size, speed and strength is off the charts. It was predicted he would rush the passer. You dissed him then he won DROY after settling the league on fire and you’ve been moving the goal posts since. Same with Mahomes. Same with Dalton over Dak. Just man up and admit you were wrong.
I’ve explained to you the context. Your simple brain took it somewhere else. Read page 4 over and over until you understand. Be smarter Mr. Pom Pom.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’ve explained to you the context. Your simple brain took it somewhere else. Read page 4 over and over until you understand. Be smarter Mr. Pom Pom.
Oh I know exactly your moving the goal posts take. Now read my response…..You were wrong about Parsons and a bunch of others.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Please go back and read page 4 some more.

Nobody knew Parsons was an elite edge rusher. Duh.
Nobody knows what any draft picks are going to be like in the NFL. You judge them on many factors and hope they pan out. You blew on your judgment of Parsons and Mahomes. The only shame in that is not being able to admit it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nobody knows what any draft picks are going to be like in the NFL. You judge them on many factors and hope they pan out. You blew on your judgment of Parsons and Mahomes. The only shame in that is not being able to admit it.
Considering Parsons never has looked like anything special as a linebacker and most of this board whines about why he didn’t make an impact like in games vs Green Bay this past season when he plays linebacker and they rush for 207 yards or Patrick Mahomes admitting he couldn’t read a defense because what he did in college didn’t translate to the pros making him not NFL ready and having to sit a year I feel like my judgement was indeed correct and the only shame is you not being able to understand that and admit you’re wrong.

For any other comments please just go read page 4 before posting.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
That’s probably true, but, also no Cowboys team will win the SB w/ Dak as QB.Dak is a nice guy and says the right things and works hard, but the fact remains that he just doesn’t have the physical tools or mental makeup to win SB.

Agreed, but then neither did Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson or Jim Plunkett, and all won a SB. Plunkett won 2 despite being demoted to backup on every team he played for, including the one he won the two SBs with.

Having the "elite" quarterback is certainly a big advantage to winning SBs, but he can't do it by himself, every "elite" quarterback that has won a SB had an excellent team around him. Does Dak need a better team than somebody like Brady, or P. Manning or Aikman, etc.? Maybe so, but not having the physical tools or mental makeup isn't a necessity to win a SB...

GINeric

Reaction score
Should’ve won it on his rookie deal.

Not saying Dak is on his way to the Hall of Fame, but.... many quarterbacks like Drew Brees, Payton Manning, and a few others didn't win Superbowls on their rookie deals and became Hall of Famers.

So according to your logic Dak is expected to do things that other quarterbacks before him wasn't expected to do huh....

GINeric

Reaction score
According Dak Haters

1. Mike Martz couldn't get a Job

2. Troy Aikman is becoming Pat Summeral.

Dak Haters are stuck on Stupid :laugh:

Not only are they stupid, 90% of them are hypocrites, liars, and cowards on the football forum and most likely in real life.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not saying Dak is on his way to the Hall of Fame, but.... many quarterbacks like Drew Brees, Payton Manning, and a few others didn't win Superbowls on their rookie deals and became Hall of Famers.

So according to your logic Dak is expected to do things that other quarterbacks before him wasn't expected to do huh....
So think about the QBs you named and compare them to Dak…

Now go through and look at other QB like him that won and look at the point of their career when they won it.

The mistake you made was comparing Dak to elite NFL HOFr’s.

Dak’s not a guy that Carrie’s the team with his level of play. He’s a guy that needs the team to carry him.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Not to mention Dak was a 4th round pick, if he's not winning a SB by now it's hardly surprising. Took P. Manning 6 tries to win his first playoff game, yet he eventually won one. And yes, I know he was the quarterback of two SB winning teams, but his defense won the second one, Manning was awful in that SB...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The April 2012 ESPN article is a nice find. In it, readers can peruse how Romo thought he could improve as a player for the benefit of the team. In a recently locked thread containing a Yahoo! article, Romo, retired and years removed from active play, was asked how quarterbacks can improve to benefit their team.

Some members implied or flat out accused him of negatively talking about Prescott hypocritically. The wrong assumption is thick with irony given what he stated in the past.

GINeric

Reaction score
Nothing to see here. Personally I dont think Dak should be talking about SB's as much as he does.

So an NFL quarterback should not be talking about wanting to strive to win a Superbowl when he's interviewed.... I guess it would make you feel better if he said he's training hard to go undefeated in the preseason huh....

See the problem is crybabies like you. No matter what Dak says or does, weak ones like you will ALWAYS find something to try and make it negative.

When I hear or see people like you cry about the slightest BS.... the first thing I think of is the rapper Too Short's favorite word.......

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not to mention Dak was a 4th round pick, if he's not winning a SB by now it's hardly surprising. Took P. Manning 6 tries to win his first playoff game, yet he eventually won one. And yes, I know he was the quarterback of two SB winning teams, but his defense won the second one, Manning was awful in that SB...
Guys, I know some of you are super duper Dak defenders but

1. Don’t compare Dak to elite QBs. He’s not in that realm.

2. Most QBs win their titles on their rookie deal. Especially the non- elite Dak types.

Hadenough

Reaction score
To get to the Super Bowl you need to win at least two playoff games in a row. He hasn't been able to do that. I like his attitude though.
Well if Dak hangs in there long enough maybe some of the top teams in the NFC will have their QBs retire. We saw the Bucs lose Brady who was pretty bad last year anyways. GB may lose Rodgers. Seattle lost Wilson who was fading. Rams have Stafford who is on his last legs. The only real obstacles are the 49ers and Eagles. But Daks gonna have to put up more than 12 to get by the 49ers. I mean they were on their 3rd string QB and he ends up outplaying Dak. Dak plays the Eagles tough but you make it a playoff game and he probably is good for 10 points. The NFC is about as wide open as it will ever get.