Troy Aikman talks about Dak Prescott

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Guys, I know some of you are super duper Dak defenders but

1. Don’t compare Dak to elite QBs. He’s not in that realm.

2. Most QBs win their titles on their rookie deal. Especially the non- elite Dak types.
Not comparing him to those, I was only noting that it's possible to win Super Bowls even though you don't have immediate playoff success. You stretched my comment way too far.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not comparing him to those, I was only noting that it's possible to win Super Bowls even though you don't have immediate playoff success. You stretched my comment way too far.
I guess it is possible but you need an elite QB to do it.

A highly paid QB that’s not elite that wins a title would be an outlier at this point because nobody has really done it.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I guess it is possible but you need an elite QB to do it.

A highly paid QB that’s not elite that wins a title would be an outlier at this point because nobody has really done it.
No team won a SB if they had the NFL's leading rusher until Dallas and Emmitt did it.
No team won a SB after starting 0-2 in the season they won it until Dallas did it.
No coach that won a SB had previously won the college championship until Jimmy did it. Of course now there's 3 - Jimmy, Barry and Pete.

Things change, maybe Dallas can do another one with Dak. Wouldn't that be nice?

:thumbup:

shabazz

Reaction score
The April 2012 ESPN article is a nice find. In it, readers can peruse how Romo thought he could improve as a player for the benefit of the team. In a recently locked thread containing a Yahoo! article, Romo, retired and years removed from active play, was asked how quarterbacks can improve to benefit their team.

Some members implied or flat out accused him of negatively talking about Prescott hypocritically. The wrong assumption is thick with irony given what he stated in the past.
I guess I’m not surprised that Aikman chose to take an unjustified swipe at Romo now that they are rivals in the telecast booth.

although we all heavily debate Romo vs Dak we all really know that for Aikman, Romo and Dak the only REAL goal is to win the Super Bowl.

previously, Aikman supported Romo….Romo supported Dak and Dak will support the next franchise quarterback…….there is a classy legacy of quarterbacks in Dallas…….they don’t act like Packers quarterbacks

Qcard

Reaction score
No guessing....just Facts, Dak Haters lack context...

1. In April 2012 at the time of Romo's Superbowl Chatter, Troy Aikman was 45yrs "Young". So your age shaming "guessing" is pure Nonsense..

2. The Cowboys had lost 4 of their last 5 games ending in a Win or go home loss to Giants in 2011.....would you stomach any Superbowl talk from an 8-8 team that didn't make the playoffs?...Dak Haters forbid it happens to Prescott

3. Tony Romo lost track of Line of Scrimmage in a big play to Dez.

4. Tony never saw Antrell Role on INT.

5. Roger called Troy to Co-chair

6. Troy called Dakota to Co-chair.

7. Just Facts :laugh: :muttley::facepalm:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Shot at Romo?
I always thought Troy overly-critical of all QBs that followed him, but this seems to be highly directed at Romo. Probably because Romo basically made Jason look like the amateur coach that he was by bailing him out for those consecutive 8-8 years. Any other QB, or any other organization, and Jason would have been sent packing after 2013.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lol it doesn’t make or break your day yet you’ve been interrupting threads for years saying the same thing to me.

So either

1. It does break your day

Or

2. You aren’t smart enough to comprehend what’s been told to you over and over and over

Weirdo
Lol. In football knowledge. I’m Mensa, your kindergarten. Let’s get that out of the way.

You can beat the drum all you want. In no way shape or form were Beathard and Brad Kaaya on Mahomes level of anything. Regardless of him saying he couldn’t read a defense. He didn’t need to know how. He’s that good.

Secondly. Parsons is in no way shape or form near Jaylon Smiths skillset. Parsons is a unicorn. And you’re ridiculous for trying to even justify the statement.

Only thing weird is your lack of self awareness to acknowledge you’re ever wrong. This whole board knows your opinions regarding football are about as clever and educated as a cricket player. So it’s really laughable you think anyone here takes you seriously.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Please go back and read page 4 some more.

Nobody knew Parsons was an elite edge rusher. Duh.
Yes they did. Watch the cotton bowl.

He fell due to the hazing incident and not playing the covid year. Stop trying to pretend you know what nfl teams are doing. You don’t. I called parsons a culture changing generational talent before he was drafted. I was right.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
People reading too much into this. Dak talking about winning a SB as the standard for Cowboys QB (whatever that even really means) doesn’t mean that it was a swipe at Romo or that he didn’t want to win a SB. Odd thing as a QB to say about yourself honestly. Like every QB wants to win a SB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol. In football knowledge. I’m Mensa, your kindergarten. Let’s get that out of the way.

You can beat the drum all you want. In no way shape or form were Beathard and Brad Kaaya on Mahomes level of anything. Regardless of him saying he couldn’t read a defense. He didn’t need to know how. He’s that good.

Secondly. Parsons is in no way shape or form near Jaylon Smiths skillset. Parsons is a unicorn. And you’re ridiculous for trying to even justify the statement.

Only thing weird is your lack of self awareness to acknowledge you’re ever wrong. This whole board knows your opinions regarding football are about as clever and educated as a cricket player. So it’s really laughable you think anyone here takes you seriously.
Ok well I’m right and it’s not my fault that you don’t understand that so either shut your mouth about it or get blocked.

——-

The Cowboys didn’t draft Parsons to play defensive end, but because of missed games from both DeMarcus Lawrence (10 games) and Randy Gregory (four games), the team has needed his services on the edge.

Eight months ago, people scoffed (raises hand) at using such a high draft resource on a linebacker, but here we are now where the team may have landed one of the best young edge rushers in the game. It’s early still, but early indications are the Cowboys

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/pla...t-edge-rushers-in-the-game-with-micah-parsons

Last edited:

GINeric

Reaction score
Not to mention Dak was a 4th round pick, if he's not winning a SB by now it's hardly surprising. Took P. Manning 6 tries to win his first playoff game, yet he eventually won one. And yes, I know he was the quarterback of two SB winning teams, but his defense won the second one, Manning was awful in that SB...

Dak is the first 4th round pick in history to have bigger expectations than 1st and 2nd round picks in the past according to some here on this board.... in a shorter time, on top of that.

Make that make sense....

GINeric

Reaction score
So think about the QBs you named and compare them to Dak…

Now go through and look at other QB like him that won and look at the point of their career when they won it.

The mistake you made was comparing Dak to elite NFL HOFr’s.

Dak’s not a guy that Carrie’s the team with his level of play. He’s a guy that needs the team to carry him.

I have compared Dak to those quarterbacks IN THEIR FIRST SIX FULL SEASONS. Dak won his first playoff game before alot of them, had better numbers than some of them and had a better WINNING PERCENTAGE than most of them AT THAT POINT of their careers..... and that's under a worst coach and coordinators than those other quarterbacks had.

So whatcha saying now???

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I have compared Dak to those quarterbacks IN THEIR FIRST SIX FULL SEASONS. Dak won his first playoff game before alot of them, had better numbers than some of them and had a better WINNING PERCENTAGE than most of them AT THAT POINT of their careers..... and that's under a worst coach and coordinators than those other quarterbacks had.

So whatcha saying now???
I’m saying you’re comparing QBs to Dak that had to carry their team vs Dak who has to have the team carry him.

If a Dak type of QB wins the Super Bowl they do it on their rookie deal or when their salary cap % is low.

If you want to compare Dak to Peyton Manning be my guest.

It’s like a Vikings fan holding out hope for Kirk Cousins..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Considering Parsons never has looked like anything special as a linebacker and most of this board whines about why he didn’t make an impact like in games vs Green Bay this past season when he plays linebacker and they rush for 207 yards or Patrick Mahomes admitting he couldn’t read a defense because what he did in college didn’t translate to the pros making him not NFL ready and having to sit a year I feel like my judgement was indeed correct and the only shame is you not being able to understand that and admit you’re wrong.

For any other comments please just go read page 4 before posting.
I don’t need to read anything. I’ve read similar posts from you like this one.

I think Kelvin Joseph will be better than Diggs.

He looks more natural covering guys to me than Diggs does.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t need to read anything. I’ve read similar posts from you like this one.
So I missed? Big deal.. Both were 2nd round picks.

I wasn’t even sure myself if I was right about Diggs but I’m sure if the NFL looked at his film and he got drafted in the same area as Kelvin Joseph they saw it similar to me.

It’s funny that you think this is some kind of gotchya.. Go through the New England Patriots draft choices and then understand this.. Bill Belichick was wrong.

Kelvin Joseph is a ridiculously talented player and I think anyone who see’s his college film knows that.

Last edited:

75boyz

Reaction score
Scrolling thru all the responses was hilarious at how Catch17 continuously embarrassed all comers with fact supported data and yet kept fielding rebuttals when they had already been embarrassed and then continued to make their cluelessness even more obvious with every response.
Reading these reminded me of my favorite all time post here which said how some fans here can be described as needing to have someone sit beside them on Sundays to explain what they're watching, lol.

So very true.
And to Catch17, you could have pulled your old reliable, and one of my recent faves where you just said "We need to stop trying to figure out ways to win with Dak. We paid him to be the answer not the problem."

That kinda covers ALL the bases in a general way without having to explain how football is actually played to the ignorant.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So an NFL quarterback should not be talking about wanting to strive to win a Superbowl when he's interviewed.... I guess it would make you feel better if he said he's training hard to go undefeated in the preseason huh....

See the problem is crybabies like you. No matter what Dak says or does, weak ones like you will ALWAYS find something to try and make it negative.

When I hear or see people like you cry about the slightest BS.... the first thing I think of is the rapper Too Short's favorite word.......
This might be the most misplaced, laughable statement we have ever seen on this forum. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2:

See the problem is crybabies like you. No matter what Dak says or does, weak ones like you will ALWAYS find something to try and make it negative.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So I missed? Big deal.. Both were 2nd round picks.

I wasn’t even sure myself if I was right about Diggs but I’m sure if the NFL looked at his film and he got drafted in the same area as Kelvin Joseph they saw it similar to me.

It’s funny that you think this is some kind of gotchya.. Go through the New England Patriots draft choices and then understand this.. Bill Belichick was wrong.
You act like you know more about these players than the coaching staff and the scouts do. I’m just showing that you don’t.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I just posted an article with Mahomes himself saying he couldn’t read a defense lol.

Nobody is debating physical.

I was talking about things like footwork and the ability to read a defense.

There are QBs at the back of the draft that aren’t as talented but are far more mentally ready for the pro game then guys going in the first round.

Stetson Bennett I guarantee can read a defense and is more pro style ready than 95% of the QBs in this draft class.

He may go undrafted…
Whatever you were talking about you were wrong. Just like you were with Parsons. Incredibly wrong.

I dont care, dont admit it. Just makes you look more laughable.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I see a lot of not being able to admit you were wrong. Hence why I keep calling you out. Anyone who watched the cotton bowl knew what Parsons was. He fell because of perceived character issues due to reports of hazing and because he sat out the covid year. That’s it. You can’t just say I blew that call. You need to justify it and then try and say you’re more intelligent than me. No need to go personal. You suck at football analysis. It’s ok. See. Not hard to not go personal. You just have narcissistic tendencies and can’t admit you’re wrong. Have fun with that in life.

PS. On no planet those 2 QBs were better than mahomes at anything. Regardless of the style of football they played. Grow up
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Imagine a narcissist with no reason to be one. What would you call that? Delusional?