Twitter: Troy: Dysfunction within the organization

_sturt_

Reaction score
hey Troy, what about all the time and effort invested Jason Garrett? He's a loser coach, and if you don't like the way Jerry handled the dismissal of Garrett, you should blame the Carrot...he was told multiple times he is out, and he wouldn't leave.

Don't even start that crap.

There have been reasons to strongly suspect Garrett was given the chance to make a last-gasp appeal for his job.

And.

There have been reasons to strongly suspect that the Joneses were trying to persuade him to take a different position in the organization.

Cuts both ways.

The character assassination of Garrett is one thing. The character assassination of Garrett AND IN SO DOING making Jerry Jones out to be some kind of angel??? Seriously?

Jones himself said that he shares blame. To his credit. Because he does.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Troy speaks the truth. Although Garrett was a lousy coach ( Troy sticks up for him because they are friends) the organization should have fired him Monday.

I don't think that's where Troy was going with that, but I think it's mainly just a matter of timeline.

The organization should have fired him before starting to interview other candidates whenever that would happen to be... that seems to be Troy's point. And to fail to do that very normal thing is evidence of confusion reigning.

_sturt_

Reaction score
No they don’t. Normal organizations have plans in place before the major organizational restructuring moves all the time.

if what Glazer says is true, Garrett basically was begging for his job and didn’t want to leave gracefully.

Um. You see what you did there, and so does everyone else.

Having "plans in place" is something different than conducting interviews.

Even you realize that or you wouldn't attempt that word dance.

CowboyChris

Reaction score

There have been reasons to strongly suspect Garrett was given the chance to make a last-gasp appeal for his job.

And.

There have been reasons to strongly suspect that the Joneses were trying to persuade him to take a different position in the organization.

Cuts both ways.

The character assassination of Garrett is one thing. The character assassination of Garrett AND IN SO DOING making Jerry Jones out to be some kind of angel??? Seriously?

until we know all the facts...I'll go by what i have read and that was Garrett was told he will not be retained but he wouldn't accept or leave, I never believed they were offering him some other job in the organization or he would've took it....i also think Garrett tried to sabotage the Jones' with that Giants leak a few weeks back.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Hes not wrong, its been handled badly over the last week. It sounds more like he deserved a more direct/final answer than how it went down to me. He may have been begging for his job, but they could've told the man to kick rocks a week ago rather than sending mixed signals or delaying the inevitable...from that standpoint, I agree

khiladi

Reaction score
Um. You see what you did there, and so does everyone else.

Having "plans in place" is something different than conducting interviews.

Even you realize that or you wouldn't attempt that word dance.

Jason Garrett was was wandering around Jerry’s HQs for days. He wasn’t at home. Jerry met twice with Garrett already.

Per Glazer, Jason refuses to get the picture. For all we know, Jerry offered Garrett a FO position.

Like I said, Troy needs to ****, especially when he tried to initiate the whole discussion about Garrett being owed something. It’s Jason and his family that owe Jerry. This guy got paid millions and millions of dollars for mediocrity, leveraging his ties to Jerry for it.

And now he is using Troy to make a case like he’s a victim. Get to stepping’ Jason...

_sturt_

Reaction score
@CowboyChris what we know... all that we know... is that the two sides agreed to meet, not once but twice, and evidently a third time was scheduled.

To try to make this out like Garrett knew about Jerry and Stephen's massage parlor visits, or otherwise holding a gun to their head, in order to gain meetings is asinine and absurd.

And you're entitled to your opinion "or he would've took it," but there's a lot of evidence that Garrett loves coaching, and that that's what he wants to do in his life.

Then, for you to start your post with "until we know all the facts," and then end it as you did... damn... it makes me realize, I just wasted 2-3 minutes of my life. There's no apparent real interest in intellectually honest conversation here. Just another Red hater hating.

khiladi

Reaction score

And.

Cuts both ways.

No it doesn’t. The guy that has paid this man millions for mediocrity, while the same guy used his family connections to Jerry for his own advantage deserved most, of not all of the blame.

If this was any other coach, Garrett would have been fired ages ago.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think that's where Troy was going with that, but I think it's mainly just a matter of timeline.

The organization should have fired him before starting to interview other candidates whenever that would happen to be... that seems to be Troy's point. And to fail to do that very normal thing is evidence of confusion reigning.

I think you're both saying the same thing in different ways.

khiladi

Reaction score
If Garrett wants to coach, then there are plenty of other opportunities available. But guess what?

he knows he’ll never get an opportunity like he did from Jerry. Jerry owes this man nothing.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Yeah...that I didn’t understand either. Why the waiting if we already knew?

khiladi

Reaction score
Jason Cartier Romo around on the roster leaving him hanging all off-season, suspended completely in the air. F outta here with that Garrett is the victim BS.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah...that I didn’t understand either. Why the waiting if we already knew?

Maybe Jerry offered him a FO job and Garrett kept crying and making excuses and blaming guys like a Moore and than Jason would get the picture and Jerry finally said, your fired..

khiladi

Reaction score
Garrett lackeys are comical..

their last resort is to paint Jerry at blame and the reason for dysfunction, while totally ignoring the fact Jerry is the one that hand picked this loser in the first place and protected him for so long.

All three brothers were in the organization at one point and Judd Garrett is still Director of Pro Personnel, despite doing zero to obtain that position and Jim Garrett was in the ear of Jerry until he died.

and these lackeys have the gall to claim Jason was dealt an unfair hand and Jason somehow isn’t part of the Jones dysfunction, with these lackeys claim permeates the whole organization.

In fact, if this move signifies anything, it’s that Jerry is moving away from the dysfunction.

khiladi

Reaction score
He’s gone at Garrett just as hard. As GM Jerry through WM has figured out the personnel side. Jerry’s biggest sin is keeping a puppet head coach like Garrett around. For Troy to now say that Jerry failed Garrett is beyond laughable. Troy is feeling bad for pushing for this firing and now wants to take the side of an ex teammate. The only thing Jerry did wrong RE: Garrett is hiring him in the first place.

Aikman has rarely gone at Garrett hard. When he has criticized coaching, it’s when the whole world was doing it. But he’s always gone right back to defending this clown Garrett.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Maybe Jerry offered him a FO job and Garrett kept crying and making excuses and blaming guys like a Moore and than Jason would get the picture and Jerry finally said, your fired..

Yeah. I'm sure it happened just like that.

You read comic books a lot, don't you.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm sure it happened just like that.

You read comic books a lot, don't you.

Yeah, I’m quite sure Garrett never kissed Jerry’s butt in the whole decade he’s coached here.

you know what’s comical.. you thinking Garrett would have lasted in Dallas if he was just another guy in an organization and not essentially part of Jerry’s family..