Twitter: Troy: Dysfunction within the organization

chicago JK

Reaction score
I have no problem with Troy's comments. We don't know the whole story but the whole process appears very clumsy and messy.

This should have been handled very easily and business like.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I love Aikman, but he's been borderline annoying lately with his flip-flopping.

Last year he told us that the entire organization needed an overhaul, but by January proclaimed that this "is the first of many" playoff wins for Dak Prescott. He's pummeled the coaching staff all season (he must have called minimum 9-10 games for us) and has even laughed on the air at certain plays and sequences, but we are supposed to give Garrett some kind of ceremonious firing?

I think, if anything, this move is more telling that Jerry is willing to move away from the good 'ol boy system that's in place.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just an opinion.

First, I doubt Jerry Jones offered Jason Garrett a front office position simply to keep him 'in the family'. One, he has a brother who is a team director of scouting. His father was a team scout. "Head coach to scout" does not make sense even for Jerry Jones. Two, someone who has irrationally attached himself as general manager for thirty years was not handing the title over to someone else--much less a non-family member.

Likewise, I doubt Garrett was seeking any position inside the franchise other than head coach. One, going from head coach directly to the front office of the same franchise is not a common thing. Two, Garrett has been paid tens of millions as a coach. Why would he seek a job that would likely net him a high six-figure position, when the possibility exists he can seek and land a assistant coaching or offensive coordinator position that will pay him over seven figures?

In my opinion, the only unresolved question was whether Garrett would keep his job. Reportedly, Garrett asked for a new contract and failed. Some people have bounced around the idea Jones would gift Garrett with a front office position for months.

Yes, Jones befuddles some people but why would he give Garrett a front office position? Is the reasoning that Garrett's father and brother were given jobs as scouts? Did either go from head coach to scout under Jones?

Did some people think Jones would seriously make Garrett a vice-president of anything? How many people know how Jerry Jones structured his front office for three decades? Look.

2AEWq2Z.jpg

That's it. Have a few minutes of your life to waste? Visit the 31 other team sites, click on 'Front Office', 'Staff Members', 'Staff', etc. Check them out. Then go to DallasCowboys.com and do the same. Or just look again at the image above.

Afterwards, reconsider whether Jones would add this

wg9H6mI.jpg

to that same webpage.

Yeah. Right.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
jerry is some of the problem I agree but garrett is a worm and troy is simply defending his buddy because garrett don't have the back bone to do it himself

Sydla

Reaction score
He's dead on.

All you twits defending the process and Jerry not saying anything just struggle to criticize this organization.

I don't even like Garrett but Jerry did him wrong by basically talking to other coaches all the while playing this silly game of "let's have some meetings, Jason". Jerry should have come out on Monday last week and announced they were going in another direction.

Jerry can't even fire someone properly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no problem with Troy's comments. We don't know the whole story but the whole process appears very clumsy and messy.

This should have been handled very easily and business like.

It was undeniably mishandled by all involved.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's dead on.

All you twits defending the process and Jerry not saying anything just struggle to criticize this organization.

I don't even like Garrett but Jerry did him wrong by basically talking to other coaches all the while playing this silly game of "let's have some meetings, Jason". Jerry should have come out on Monday last week and announced they were going in another direction.

Jerry can't even fire someone properly.

:hammer:

cern

Reaction score
garrett was the biggest worm in all this mess. petitioning players and asst. coaches to come to his rescue. trying to put them in the middle by coming to his defense showed just what kind of person he is.

cml750

Reaction score
Jason Garrett being hired and retained for this majy years is as much a product of the dysfunction, of not more, than any other example.

Shut up Troy.. you are annoying right now..

Bingo!!!!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
With whats gone down in Dallas. And the Garrett situation and Garrett in contact with Jerry throughout this whole process paints a picture of just how out of the loop in Dallas Troy really is.

He called the handling of JG dysfunction, but as it turns out Garrett was asked about McCarthy and he gave a endorsement. He apparently knew from the get go he wasnt being brought back.

Aikman clearly has a issue with Jerry and made some stupid comments based in the past. Because its clear Troy doesnt know whats going in Dallas these days.

Jerry hired a guy he seems to trust and has let him do work. This hiring process and McCarthy coaching search has gone a complete 180 on how it went for JG. Aikman looks like a Donkeys you know what in this situation.

risco

Reaction score
None of us know what on earth was going on last week and why they didn’t announce the firing until today so it’s hard to give an opinion.
So Troy and whoever else talking crap about how things went can go to hell IMO.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Jerry makes money on eyeballs. Don't expect him to give up those eyeballs for an employee he's paying handsomely to be part of the show.

It's surprising that Aikman doesn't get this.

And in this case, with competition for coaches, Jerry had every *football* reason to keep the rest of the league in the dark. "Day to Day" Garrett should be the first guy to approve.

conner01

Reaction score
I feel Troy is somewhat right but for the wrong reason
Trying his best by Garrett is admirable and expected
He’s a HC with his job on the line
Jerry have him the time to grow as a HC but he also undermined him with the staff and players
Garrett should have grown a set and pushed back
Jerry should have gave him the authority he needed
He lost the players this year and they are both at fault
Both should learn from this
Jerry should let MM run the team and if it doesn’t work you fire him
Garrett should sit back and evaluate what he did wrong and fix it

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Any time I think of siding with Jerry I remind myself that he hired Switzer, Gailey, Campo, Phillips and Garrett to coach this team so he could specifically be in the room and push coordinators on them rather than let them have total control of their staff. This team has been a constant underwhelming disappointment for a pretty specific reason.

Troy can rip Jerry any time as far as I am concerned.

links18

Reaction score
I agree with what Troy is saying...Jerry is horrible and handled it badly.. but Troys stance is also what has caused Jerry to make his decisions based on ex players with no objectivity that support whatever their friends do.

Huh? :huh:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
This franchise deserves all the criticism it receives... 2019 was a clown show, wrapped in a disaster, and deep fried in a cluster-cuss, served on a steaming pile of dysfunction

links18

Reaction score
Two things can be true at the same time: Garrett sucks and should have been canned years ago; Jerry handled another staff transition somewhat shabbily, especially considering he treated Garrett like an adopted son all those years. But who knows what was really going on last week....

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

My point was that the Cowboy family will stick by fellow players no matter what. Troy isn’t afraid to rightly call out Jerry but then would go to bat for Jason without acknowledging coaching failures. Irvin has done the same. Jerry can handle the criticism of himself..it’s happened for 3 decades...but when he hears praise of JG, it emboldened him to stay the path. It’s the 90s fraternity