Audio: Troy had some doozies on todays Troy Aikman Show - full show posted here

yimyammer

Reaction score
I guess we should just keep Jason for another 10 years since the coach doesn't matter here...

might as well because the end result will be the same

It will only be a matter of time until we read a chorus of complaints about a new set of mannerisms and gaffs from the new guy, book it!

having said that, I'm ready to see someone else try to wrangle this crazy stallion, I hope he's at least entertaining when he speaks

cern

Reaction score
why would anyone think troy would do better running a football team than john Elway? I don't. Elway realized the value of a great qb, having been one himself. and like troy, he played for a great coach in mike shanahan while troy had the great jimmy Johnson. elway quckly rid the team of Tebow and brought in the great peyton manning. but after manning left, what's Denver done. the two absolute ingredients to winning the big dance are an outstanding qb and an outstanding coach. I don't see where troy can change either of those things. his ego's as large as jerry's.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I'm ready to hear the rebuttal from JJones.

3iaaia.jpg

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
the coaching stinks, we all get that, but none of the coaches win here. the biggest obstacle to sustained success remains Jerry

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I still say he's mostly covering for his BFF Jason. He doesn't like Jerry but he didn't defend other coaches the same way.

Yes, Jerry is a problem, but even Troy slipped and admitted how bad the coaching was in the New England game. That part isn't on Jerry unless you somehow believe Jerry is sabotaging punt blocking and kick returns.

Also, he made it sound like fans get impatient and want a new coach every year. It's been a decade of this guy. A decade.
so now the new englad comment is a slip but his comments are defending garrett...how do you spin this shiet?

Jerry is the problem. he has been the problem for 25+ years. when we all realize that then we can just relax and enjoy the mediocrity that we are stuck in.....what do you think is going to happen with the next coach? same dang thing.

CoachD

Reaction score
too cushy all the way around. The result is to be expected..can't win like that.

I TOTALLY agree! When I played and coached in high school the last thing we had was a Club Med atmosphere! We were always on edge, zero time to relax but it gave us a killer mindset and it definitely paid off because we were unstoppable most of the time and the teams that I was on that weren't that talented still grinded their ***** off and beat a few good teams when we had no business beating them. Imagine if this team had that type of mentality it would be amazing what they could accomplish!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Troy was saying today on The Ticket, JG wanted to look at kickers and then the FO said no we won't need to look?

Then, they brought in kickers to look at. So do we consider that Garrett exerting himself, the Jones conceding or perhaps that they hadn't really communicated about it yet?

superonyx

Reaction score
why would anyone think troy would do better running a football team than john Elway? I don't. Elway realized the value of a great qb, having been one himself. and like troy, he played for a great coach in mike shanahan while troy had the great jimmy Johnson. elway quckly rid the team of Tebow and brought in the great peyton manning. but after manning left, what's Denver done. the two absolute ingredients to winning the big dance are an outstanding qb and an outstanding coach. I don't see where troy can change either of those things. his ego's as large as jerry's.
I don't think Elways failures has anything at all to do with Troy's ability to succeed or fail. The only similarity is they both played the same position. Completely different people here.

I believe Troy would do better at running a team than Jerry has done since at least Troy realizes the role of a FO and how important it is that the FO stays out of the Coach Player relationship.

I've been saying this since JG was hired. JJ's need for media attention will remain the downfall of this team. Jerry wants a coach who lets him play coach whenever he wants to. I am not a JG fan but I will say that I don't know if JG would ever be a great coach since ive never seen him in a role where he is the HC. In Dallas he is just Jerry's assistant. We have no HC. That role doesnt exist in Dallas.

Its going to be extremely telling who Jerry hires next. It will tell us if he is finally ready to keep himself out of the locker room and the coaches meetings.

cern

Reaction score
so now the new englad comment is a slip but his comments are defending garrett...how do you spin this shiet?

Jerry is the problem. he has been the problem for 25+ years. when we all realize that then we can just relax and enjoy the mediocrity that we are stuck in.....what do you think is going to happen with the next coach? same dang thing.
jerry, the great owner, is also jerry, the horrible gm.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
might as well because the end result will be the same
So by extension, no other coach could have done any better than two wild card wins in the last 10 years with the talent this team has had.

I just don't see how anyone could actually believe that, but to each his own.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
All true. That doesn’t mean you stop looking for a coach who can be successful with Jerry. But that’s not what Troy was saying.

cern

Reaction score
I don't think Elways failures has anything at all to do with Troy's ability to succeed or fail. The only similarity is they both played the same position. Completely different people here.

I believe Troy would do better at running a team than Jerry has done since at least Troy realizes the role of a FO and how important it is that the FO stays out of the Coach Player relationship.

I've been saying this since JG was hired. JJ's need for media attention will remain the downfall of this team. Jerry wants a coach who lets him play coach whenever he wants to. I am not a JG fan but I will say that I don't know if JG would ever be a great coach since ive never seen him in a role where he is the HC. In Dallas he is just Jerry's assistant. We have no HC. That role doesnt exist in Dallas.

Its going to be extremely telling who Jerry hires next. It will tell us if he is finally ready to keep himself out of the locker room and the coaches meetings.
Elway's failure is simple. since manning retired, he's been unable to find a great qb. not that he hasn't tried. and he's gone through a coaching carousel. when I listen to troy, i'm not hearing a Rhodes scholar. I don't think he's cut out to be upper management. the cowboys are a family fun business and Stephen is next in line. nothing will change that. and I think Stephen's sharp as hell. much better at the business of football than his dad.

superonyx

Reaction score
Elway's failure is simple. since manning retired, he's been unable to find a great qb. not that he hasn't tried. and he's gone through a coaching carousel. when I listen to troy, i'm not hearing a Rhodes scholar. I don't think he's cut out to be upper management. the cowboys are a family fun business and Stephen is next in line. nothing will change that. and I think Stephen's sharp as hell. much better at the business of football than his dad.
I don't think Troy would ever get a job in Dallas. Of course no one will be running anything in Dallas that isnt named Jones.

I agree with the reason for Elways failure. I just don't know what it has to do with Troy at all.
I hate saying it but luck plays a role in finding a QB. Lets not forget Jerry and Stephen wanted to trade up for Paxton Lynch then Connor Cook. Dak was pure luck.
Russel Wilson, Garapolo, Brees, Brady, Cousins.... most QB's were drafted outside of the Blue Chip picks (top 10). To an extent none of these teams knew the QB would turn out the way he has otherwise they wouldnt have let rounds pass without drafting them.

I don't hear a Rhodes scholar when hearing any GM speak. Ever listen to Howie Roseman?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
jerry, the great owner, is also jerry, the horrible gm.
exactly. that's why I have argued for years, that the two roles are in conflict with each other and Jerry the owner over rides all decisions... sometimes football decisions are not popular business decisions, which often have short term strategies associated with it....Jerry the Owner, over rides Jerry the GM. like in 2016, the GM would have put Romo back as the QB once he was ready to get ready for playoffs, but Jerry the Business owner, was riding high on the Dak popularity and success, and overrode the GM.

same with Hardy
same with roy williams
same with TO

same with assistant coach hires and fires.