True Cowboys fans

samilpa4life

Reaction score
Self-defined True fans.
Self defined? Man I been to tx stadium when Landry and Roger the dodger was playing, saw Emmett when he spike the ball on the 50 vs the niners, went to the first game ever at the new stadium. I understand your frustration and pain it SUCKS!!! Can we have Michael Irvin come be a motivational to the team please!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Hide my head in the sand?? Man I was around when they won the super bowl in 92, it was the best thing ever, but I didn't quit on the team when they only lost one game, everyone acts like they know better then the coaches, how come ya are not coaches? The best thing to do is,bring their ***'s
back to Austin for training camp and let them endure in the heat like Jimmy used to do! I am not here to argue but if you are a cowboys fan take the good with the bad, believe me I can't wait for the next super bowl, it's been too damn long!
You object when we talk about the things the Cowboys do wrong and call it bashing the team. You seem to want us to put our heads in the sand like you and pretending nothing is wrong. So what if you were there in 92, you think you were the only one? I was there for all five of their super bowls victories and all three super bowl losses too. It doesn't make me a super fan better than you. They have a perfectly good facility in Frisco to practice in and Training Camp in Oxnard is good for the brand. Training in Austin didn't make them champions. I was there for that too and all it was good for was sweating like a pig.

Zman5

Reaction score
You were not complaining last year but all of sudden dak sucks, or our offensive line sucks tired of all yeah fair weathered fans either you are a cowboys fan for life bad or good or not , I will always wear my cowboys colors.

Maybe people didn't complain about Dak and the OL last year because they played better.

So if five years later, when the players decline due to age, we shouldn't complain about them because they were great in 2016? That makes absolutely no sense.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I actually stood by bringing Romo back in but whatever.

Being critical doesn’t make me less of a fan. This would be a very boring board if we were all like you.

I watched that 12 minute u-tube of ROMO'S 4th quarter comebacks this afternoon,,, he was fun to watch play the game and was only getting better as far as perfecting his craft,and unfortunately more injury prone, 31 other teams knew when he was on the field they stood a reasonable chance of losing that game,that's why he was vindictively pursued and received about as much punishment a tackler could exude when given the chance.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Self defined? Man I been to tx stadium when Landry and Roger the dodger was playing, saw Emmett when he spike the ball on the 50 vs the niners, went to the first game ever at the new stadium. I understand your frustration and pain it SUCKS!!! Can we have Michael Irvin come be a motivational to the team please!

Fandom is an abstract concept, people feel and express it differently. No point using yourself as a standard.

Team play bad and they should be open to criticism, does not matter who, Romo Dak Daz Red, etc.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Hey guys, let’s all gather around everyday and talk about how great everything is. Should make for some scintillating conversation. Just think of all of the topics we can share.
cgfph.jpg

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Will not bash their team or, players if you don't like it then root for some one else, I am sick and tired of these TRUE fans who root when they are winning but ***** when they lose then go cheer for someone else! I will be a cowboys4life, yes I am frustrated but when we win the big one it will be AWESOME. Happy thanksgiving and go cowboys!!

No offense, but I will bash anybody on the team I dam want to, be it players or our idiot coaches............don't like it, too bad.:D

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who is rooting for someone else? LOL If I see something the Cowboys are doing wrong, I'm going to bash them. You can hide your head in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong if you want but that doesn't make you a better Cowboys fan than anyone else. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Go Cowboys!!!!

Exactly. They are confusing fandom and cheerleading.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Who is rooting for someone else? LOL If I see something the Cowboys are doing wrong, I'm going to bash them. You can hide your head in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong if you want but that doesn't make you a better Cowboys fan than anyone else. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Go Cowboys!!!!
^ This

Melonfeud

Reaction score
nagging is just a drag to read over and over
To be fair waver- primate!!! I'm picking up on the O.P.'s angst,,, as a barn door 'mule kick' against all this prior 'wentz' ( savor the whiffs of his GD single swinging dingle berries he secretly saves in a cigarette cellophane wrapper) love fest that's been more than offensively expressed around here for at least the last month,,,or MORE!
what a stupid thread
:rolleyes:,,,and I actually have taken some of your previous input on this forum in a somewhat + positive fashion,,,:huh:,,,o_O
No offense, but I will bash anybody on the team I dam want to, be it players or our idiot coaches............don't like it, too bad.:D
:eek:

:lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
There's a world of difference between criticizing and whining.

Some of the posters on this forum do nothing but cry and moan without offering any shred of actual analysis or evaluation, those are the people I'd categorize as "bashing".

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Will not bash their team or, players if you don't like it then root for some one else, I am sick and tired of these TRUE fans who root when they are winning but ***** when they lose then go cheer for someone else! I will be a cowboys4life, yes I am frustrated but when we win the big one it will be AWESOME. Happy thanksgiving and go cowboys!!
You're looking at it wrong samilpa....it's because we DO love our Cowboys that we vent frustration when we feel like the fanbase seems to care more about the team than the owner and coaches do.

Look at it like you have a child that you know can do better but aren't putting out the effort to accomplish it....it doesn't mean you don't care or as you metaphorically stated "get another kid".......it's because we DO care that we get frustrated.

Going to support another team is a cowards way out.....a true soldier fights to the end.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You're looking at it wrong samilpa....it's because we DO love our Cowboys that we vent frustration when we feel like the fanbase seems to care more about the team than the owner and coaches do.

Look at it like you have a child that you know can do better but aren't putting out the effort to accomplish it....it doesn't mean you don't care or as you metaphorically stated "get another kid".......it's because we DO care that we get frustrated.

Going to support another team is a cowards way out.....a true soldier fights to the end.
Anybody that was going to jump ship would have done it by now.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
so true fans must always....clap?
No way,man! #4 damn sure ain't no #9 incarnation and never will be, as his ankle throws ,2' off (behind, ahead or overhead) and simply not seeing the perceived 'play' in his "minds eye" play out to the desired outcome after the ball's snapped and his
( imo, innate abhorrence of creating turnovers, yet, I've seen several 'pick-6's' he's rifled with purpose , muffed by the opposition, thankfully) full vision narrows to a single ocular telescope ,,, that falcons game has got to 'haunt' him& pretty much any 2nd year q.b. being creped on by that porous left flank, it's the "CIC" combat info center(COACHING STAFF) on the SIDELINE that's being exposed for their true worth ,,, I was ridiculed for my 1989 season fandom by wife and family incessantly,,,:),,,this ain't nothing but pointing out the obvious, cuz' in '89' we knew we sucked,,, this is something ENTIRELY differento_O

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A true fan would know how to spell Emmitt. ;)