True Cowboys fans

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Players and coaches should get criticized when they play bad or have a bad game. Especially don't agree with those who still support Garrett or gives him a free pass. But, do agree with anyone who jumps on the bandwagon of a current hot streak winning team, isn't a true fan if they abandon and stop supporting a team that is losing or struggling.

By the way anyone find it funny that Cowboys fans are called "bandwagon" fans, yet at the same time we get made fun of because of only having 2 playoff wins in 2 decades. Seems like those of us who have stuck with this team since it's last superbowl win are true, diehard fans because of all of the failure that this franchise has had since then. But, some still say that we are bandwagon despite all of the teams that have had better success in the playoffs in recent years and I'm still a Cowboys fan. Some don't use logic when hating on the Cowboys, however.

Anyway Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, hope that it's a wonderful one win or lose today! :thumbup::flagwave:

tm1119

Reaction score
I’d say you are not a true fan unless you bash your team when they deserve it...
Why would you pay for a product that isn’t doing what it’s supposed to and be happy about it? That’s doesn’t even make sense. We the fans put $ into the pockets of the ownership. If they take that $ and don’t put an acceptable product on the field then we have every right to *****.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who is anyone to tell you whether you're a fan or not or how you're suppose to act or behave as a fan? It takes all types. Just sit back and enjoy the bumpy ride. Hopefully we'll get some new shock absorbers in a year or two.

fifaguy

Reaction score
No way,man! #4 damn sure ain't no #9 incarnation and never will be, as his ankle throws ,2' off (behind, ahead or overhead) and simply not seeing the perceived 'play' in his "minds eye" play out to the desired outcome after the ball's snapped and his
( imo, innate abhorrence of creating turnovers, yet, I've seen several 'pick-6's' he's rifled with purpose , muffed by the opposition, thankfully) full vision narrows to a single ocular telescope ,,, that falcons game has got to 'haunt' him& pretty much any 2nd year q.b. being creped on by that porous left flank, it's the "CIC" combat info center(COACHING STAFF) on the SIDELINE that's being exposed for their true worth ,,, I was ridiculed for my 1989 season fandom by wife and family incessantly,,,:),,,this ain't nothing but pointing out the obvious, cuz' in '89' we knew we sucked,,, this is something ENTIRELY differento_O

I was jokingly referring to JG's standard sideline behavior...

waving monkey

Reaction score
To be fair waver- primate!!! I'm picking up on the O.P.'s angst,,, as a barn door 'mule kick' against all this prior 'wentz' ( savor the whiffs of his GD single swinging dingle berries he secretly saves in a cigarette cellophane wrapper) love fest that's been more than offensively expressed around here for at least the last month,,,or MORE!

:rolleyes:,,,and I actually have taken some of your previous input on this forum in a somewhat + positive fashion,,,:huh:,,,o_O

:eek:

:lmao2::lmao::lmao2:
Number one, taking liberties with my lineage's name is prohibited.
You may have not been aware of that so .....
The beat down is the constant parroting of the same ole declarations as if their saying something
fresh or their confirming the their alliance to the sacred brotherhood of discontent.
At least express something from a new angle.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Who is anyone to tell you whether you're a fan or not or how you're suppose to act or behave as a fan? It takes all types. Just sit back and enjoy the bumpy ride. Hopefully we'll get some new shock absorbers in a year or two.
Then I protest

Satchel89

Reaction score
Another ridiculous thread calling out fans who aren't total homers. We have every right to be critical of players and coaches. I want this team to be good and I like some of the players a lot but this is a flawed team and there is nothing wrong with saying that. I would love for them to win out and make the playoffs but I'm being realistic about it too. I'm tired of the rollercoaster that I've been on with this team since the 90's teams. And I was watching the Cowboys a decade before those teams. It's so stupid to tell fans how they should act about a team that they are passionate about.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
A Cowboys forum where the level of ones fandom or level of loyalty seems rather ambiguous.
I know a lot of Cowboys fans, that have never even thought of entering a Cowboys forum.
The fact that fans come here collectively and spend the time to discuss this team should already define their "super fan" status.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Help me understand.

So when some get on here and complain about how bad the team is etc. What exactly are you looking for?
Just someone to listen and not comment? Or do you want comments? (I’m often confused about this scenario with my wife as well)

I’m asking legitimate questions and I’m not looking to further anger you. It’s hard for some of us “homer” fans to understand the shift that takes place after a losing streak. We all are angry as well. Rooting for your team to lose or excessive complaining and or praising of other teams is hard to take, as a fan.

It’s kind of in the dna of some fans to “stick up” for our team. I just don’t know what reaction you’re looking for and would like to understand.

I’ve said I’m over Garrett. I think his time has past.(if there ever even was a time)However, as long is he’s our coach I kind of must support him because I want the Cowboys to win PERIOD

I also don’t think my complaints will have any affect on the direction the team and management take so I see it as semi pointless to do so.

Happy Thanksgiving ?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
A Cowboys forum where the level of ones fandom or level of loyalty seems rather ambiguous.
I know a lot of Cowboys fans, that have never even thought of entering a Cowboys forum.
The fact that fans come here collectively and spend the time to discuss this team should already define their "super fan" status.
^^^^^^^
That’s true. Help us understand how some should better react to the complaints.

Section446

Reaction score
Will not bash their team or, players if you don't like it then root for some one else, I am sick and tired of these TRUE fans who root when they are winning but ***** when they lose then go cheer for someone else! I will be a cowboys4life, yes I am frustrated but when we win the big one it will be AWESOME. Happy thanksgiving and go cowboys!!
Slow down, Nancy.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The old "You're not a fan if" thread...

Have loved the team since the early 70's BUT...

My parents taught me to think for myself and do not follow blindly.

I'm ain't a "Jonestown" member.

If I see shenanigans–I'm calling it.

This team should be better than 5-5. And I'll voice my displeasure.

Many of the folks that have groused about this rather ho-hum season have been very optimistic about the team. And just because they are calling shenanigans too– doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
^^^^^^^
That’s true. Help us understand how some should better react to the complaints.
Everyone reacts different, I chose to walk away from the boards and finish remodeling my basement, unfortunately I took a spill down a flight of stairs an broke my foot.
So now I'm back, don't know if that answers your question, maybe in a crazy sort of way I guess ...

Section446

Reaction score
The old "You're not a fan if" thread...

Have loved the team since the early 70's BUT...

My parents taught me to think for myself and do not follow blindly.

I'm ain't a "Jonestown" member.

If I see shenanigans–I'm calling it.

This team should be better than 5-5. And I'll voice my displeasure.

Many of the folks that have groused about this rather ho-hum season have been very optimistic about the team. And just because they are calling shenanigans too– doesn't make them any less of a fan.
Seriously... I guess I should start saying that people who aren't season ticket holders aren't real fans either.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Everyone reacts different, I chose to walk away from the boards and finish remodeling my basement, unfortunately I took a spill down a flight of stairs an broke my foot.
So now I'm back, don't know if that answers your question, maybe in a crazy sort of way I guess ...
I did my basement two years ago and it was the best addition/enhancement by far I’ve made to my house.
Perfect “man cave” combined with large play area for the kids. It transformed our house. Good luck in the future and stay upright.