True Crime thread

jnday

Reaction score
Two highly recommended videos of interrogations and one of a crazy story with actually video "rescuing" of a lady.

This second is another channel that you might find interesting, the video below is amazing to see how this kid is acting and at one time
actually seems to scare the interviewer

Here is the one with the video of the woman being rescured

The first video that you posted is an unbelievable story. I watched again yesterday. That is one of the most screwed up interrogations that could have happened. I am not going to ruin the story for everyone, but I highly recommend it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
About that interrogation video:

That was insane. Unbelievable that he survived that long and was able to piece together enough information to give the police names of the shooters. On that note, I'm sorry, but I would have filed a lawsuit. I am not one of these sue-happy people, however, for them to not give him any medical attention and proceed to interrogate him before noticing BULLET wounds in his head, that is complete negligence IMO.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
So this story link below is long, but a chilling read that was recently posted at ESPN. Before the whole Sandusky thing at Penn State, there was another horrible story. About Todd Hodne, Penn State football player and serial rapist.

I swear after I read this piece, the first thing I started thinking about was how to put better security in the house for my wife and daughter. Scary sociopath stuff, and unfortunately I’ve known guys like this. Not serial rapists, but the way they describe how he would bully his friends into doing stupid illegal things and how he just didn’t care. I even had a cousin like that. Sometimes you just know someone is going to spend time in prison when they’re older.

Very screwed up how the judge let Hodne free after the verdict and he went on a spree. Touching story about some of the other guys on the football team guarding the poor girl who was his first rape victim. And pretty telling how different society was just 30 years ago in matters like this. Yes, we have progressed in ways that matter.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/s...dator-untold-story-crimes-fight-bring-justice

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You guys seriously hooked me on that MrBallen channel, and, at the absolutely wrong time too. Watching some of his videos about sasquatch attacks/Missing 411/creepy forest stories right before camping season in Idaho. :laugh:

jnday

Reaction score
You guys seriously hooked me on that MrBallen channel, and, at the absolutely wrong time too. Watching some of his videos about sasquatch attacks/Missing 411/creepy forest stories right before camping season in Idaho. :laugh:
The guy is a great storyteller. He had me hooked after 1 video. He has a good range of topics that he covers. You never know what the story is going to be about, but you know it’s going to be good.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Sheriff who's county suffered through the Oklahoma Girl Scout Murders in 1977 is or has met with the families of the 3 slain girls to see if they want to close the case.

He's said their department has over the past 9 years reviewed all the information concerning the case including the attempts at DNA analysis (some more successful than others).

It's his opinion that based on all the evidence that Gene Leroy Hart was the perpetrator. There is no evidence that it was anyone else.

I think it was him.

Yeah, I do think some evidence was planted at the cabin he was staying at (the evidence was found after a second search of the cabin which sounds fishy to me), but there was enough other evidence found in the caves, not too mention the similarity of how the girls were tied up as compared to the two women he raped and attempted to murder, along with his knowledge of the area that it had to be him.

Plus the DNA evidence, while not pin-pointing him did greatly increase the odds that he was the potential killer.

In addition it was found that his sperm were not normal as a result of a botched vasectomy, which were identical to the sperm found on one of the girls. One of the reasons he was not convicted in his trial was the belief that he could not have done it because he did have a vasectomy. After death it was found during the autopsy that this was not the case.

Bottom line he did it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
About a month ago I picked up the book "Bath Massacre".

I had known about the horrible event for a long-time now, but outside of the what I read on the Internet, never read a book on the topic.

And then the mass shooting at the school in Texas occurred and it I wanted to get the book read...

I thought if nothing else perhaps it would give me more insight into what drove a Michigan farmer to blow up a school in Bath, Michigan on May 18th, 1927 killing 45 (including his wife and himself).

In a lot of ways Andrew Kehoe seems to share traits with many school shooters...

However Andrew did not use a gun. He used dynamite.

You see Andrew Kehoe, who was in his early 50's at the time, was not your typical farmer.

He graduated from college and was always considered "well dressed" even when doing farm work. The image in my mind of him out in his fields behind a team of horses strikes me like the Eddy Albert image in the opening song on the TV show "Green Acres" where Albert is all dressed up and riding a tractor.

In a lot of ways Andrew Kehoe was like the Eddy Albert character– Smart with high regard for themselves and not very good at farming.

I won't go into Kehoe's family background– The book does a splendid job of that.

But there were threads of his personality that seemed problematic even when he was young.

Kehoe ended up on the school board for the Bath School District– Due to his very much "penny-pinching" ways and his hatred of having to pay anything that was considered a "tax".

He figured that by being the treasurer on the School Board he could help control the amount of school tax he was going to have to pay.

This put him at odds with the superintendent of the district. Their relationship was acidic at best.

Kehoe's personality would not allow him to take sleights and forget about them.

Not Andrew Kehoe.

Over time the sleights would layer one on top of another. He was known to "go off" once in a while beating one of his horses to death and purposely shooting a neighbor's dog.

At the same time we did get a long with a few folks and generally speaking did not seem to have a dislike of children.

On May 18th, 1927 that all came to an end.

On that day Kehoe blew-up a section of the Bath School.

Oh and he also blew-up his home, barn and other outbuildings.

In addition he killed his wife.

After the explosion at the school he drove to the site where bystanders were already trying to free the injured and recover the dead.

We do not know if the district superintendent either saw Kehoe pull up or that Kehoe called him over to his Ford pickup.

What we do know is that Kehoe's truck was also loaded with explosives, pulled out a gun, shot the explosives and the truck with Kehoe and the superintendent were blown to smithereens. In addition several other adults were killed by the truck explosion. Also killed was a 2nd grader, who had not long before escapes from the collapsed school relatively unharmed.

Kehoe was fingered as the responsible party almost from the get-go. The debate on his innocence or guilt ended when authorities visited the still smoldering Kehoe farm and found a new sign near the driveway to the home– the sign read "Criminals are made and not born".

I won't get into too much how he orchestrated all this, but in the final analysis only about 100 pounds of explosives did go off that day under the school. However police and other inspectors found over 500 pounds of additional explosives that did not (for one reason or another) go off.

The Bath School would typically have about 250 children plus faculty and support staff. So the carnage could have been far worse.

Anyway that's a synopsis of the worst school massacre in US history.

If anyone is interested in the book, just drop me a PM and I'll send it to you.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

I had known about the horrible event for a long-time now, but outside of the what I read on the Internet, never read a book on the topic.

And then the mass shooting at the school in Texas occurred and it I wanted to get the book read...

I thought if nothing else perhaps it would give me more insight into what drove a Michigan farmer to blow up a school in Bath, Michigan on May 18th, 1927 killing 45 (including his wife and himself).

In a lot of ways Andrew Kehoe seems to share traits with many school shooters...

You see Andrew Kehoe, who was in his early 50's at the time, was not your typical farmer.

He graduated from college and was always considered "well dressed" even when doing farm work. The image in my mind of him out in his fields behind a team of horses strikes me like the Eddy Albert image in the opening song on the TV show "Green Acres" where Albert is all dressed up and riding a tractor.

In a lot of ways Andrew Kehoe was like the Eddy Albert character– Smart with high regard for themselves and not very good at farming.

I won't go into Kehoe's family background– The book does a splendid job of that.

But there were threads of his personality that seemed problematic even when he was young.

Kehoe ended up on the school board for the Bath School District– Due to his very much "penny-pinching" ways and his hatred of having to pay anything that was considered a "tax".

He figured that by being the treasurer on the School Board he could help control the amount of school tax he was going to have to pay.

This put him at odds with the superintendent of the district. Their relationship was acidic at best.

Not Andrew Kehoe.

Over time the sleights would layer one on top of another. He was known to "go off" once in a while beating one of his horses to death and purposely shooting a neighbor's dog.

At the same time we did get a long with a few folks and generally speaking did not seem to have a dislike of children.

After the explosion at the school he drove to the site where bystanders were already trying to free the injured and recover the dead.

We do not know if the district superintendent either saw Kehoe pull up or that Kehoe called him over to his Ford pickup.

What we do know is that Kehoe's truck was also loaded with explosives, pulled out a gun, shot the explosives and the truck with Kehoe and the superintendent were blown to smithereens. In addition several other adults were killed by the truck explosion. Also killed was a 2nd grader, who had not long before escapes from the collapsed school relatively unharmed.

Kehoe was fingered as the responsible party almost from the get-go. The debate on his innocence or guilt ended when authorities visited the still smoldering Kehoe farm and found a new sign near the driveway to the home– the sign read "Criminals are made and not born".

I won't get into too much how he orchestrated all this, but in the final analysis only about 100 pounds of explosives did go off that day under the school. However police and other inspectors found over 500 pounds of additional explosives that did not (for one reason or another) go off.

The Bath School would typically have about 250 children plus faculty and support staff. So the carnage could have been far worse.

I knew of this but did not know all the details. What a sick and evil individual. If there is indeed a hell hope he is rotting there.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
The Sheriff who's county suffered through the Oklahoma Girl Scout Murders in 1977 is or has met with the families of the 3 slain girls to see if they want to close the case.

He's said their department has over the past 9 years reviewed all the information concerning the case including the attempts at DNA analysis (some more successful than others).

It's his opinion that based on all the evidence that Gene Leroy Hart was the perpetrator. There is no evidence that it was anyone else.

I think it was him.

Yeah, I do think some evidence was planted at the cabin he was staying at (the evidence was found after a second search of the cabin which sounds fishy to me), but there was enough other evidence found in the caves, not too mention the similarity of how the girls were tied up as compared to the two women he raped and attempted to murder, along with his knowledge of the area that it had to be him.

Plus the DNA evidence, while not pin-pointing him did greatly increase the odds that he was the potential killer.

In addition it was found that his sperm were not normal as a result of a botched vasectomy, which were identical to the sperm found on one of the girls. One of the reasons he was not convicted in his trial was the belief that he could not have done it because he did have a vasectomy. After death it was found during the autopsy that this was not the case.

Bottom line he did it.

So they have also ruled out he had help and pretty much was the sole perp in the case. I always wondered how 1 person could have did that to 3 different people w/o someone getting away or yelling for help or something. At least the families get a little closure from this. In the end the guy did zero time for this but was in jail for the previous crimes/escape. Died at 35 in Prison after a work out.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So they have also ruled out he had help and pretty much was the sole perp in the case. I always wondered how 1 person could have did that to 3 different people w/o someone getting away or yelling for help or something. At least the families get a little closure from this. In the end the guy did zero time for this but was in jail for the previous crimes/escape. Died at 35 in Prison after a work out.

It appears that two of the girls were killed while they slept.

Say he snuck in through the back of the tent and killed (or greatly injured) two of that would have left Denise Milner alive. Much easier for one person to deal with.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Wow! Have never heard of that Bath school incident. Absolutely crazy. I guess as long as humans roam the world, there will be mentally sick/wicked people throughout all of time.

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score

Not Andrew Kehoe.

This goes to show that a gun is just a tool and any tool can be misused. People have changed , but guns have remained the same.

jnday

Reaction score
OJ killed two people and he would have killed that dog if his old knee injuries didn’t slow him down. The dog was just too quick for OJ. One person, even if they are handicapped like OJ, can kill a lot of people in the right situation.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
OJ killed two people and he would have killed that dog if his old knee injuries didn’t slow him down. The dog was just too quick for OJ. One person, even if they are handicapped like OJ, can kill a lot of people in the right situation.
I, too, am under the belief that OJ did it and got away with it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spent some time reading up on Stephen Paddock the Las Vegas mass shooter who ended up murdering 60 and ultimately shot himself through the mouth...

I find it interesting that a motive for his actions was never uncovered.

There was no suicide note.

No manifesto.

No listing of grievances posted on social media.

He did well financially... Also a big gambler. May have lost quite a bit of money over the last couple years before the shooting took place, but no prove of that. Gave his then girlfriend $100K (some report $150K) for her to purchase a house in the Philippine just prior to mass shooting.

He was quiet (as it seems many mass shooters are) but didn't strike folks as being hostile.

Had a virtual "armory" of guns in his hotel room (all purchased legally).

Based on his actions it appears he had been planning this for a while.

There were no "red flags" with the guy. Nothing identified him as being mentally unstable.